Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Regy Rusty posted:

Last time on Agents of Shield:

https://i.imgur.com/dLonZzB.gifv

And now you're up to speed.

:perfect:

Better superhero fight than in most of the MCU movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I'll watch Cloak and Dagger someday, but there needs to be a moratorium on new shows until I get caught up watching everything in my backlog. AoS and Bob's Burgers are the only things I watch weekly, they can continue.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I got the sense from the little clip they released the other day that (spoilering for a very mild reference to Endgame) some time has passed and they’ve been looking for Fitz for a while, that could explain the 5 year gap and let them not worry about the events of the movie.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Ah ok, well we’ll see how they address it then, if at all.

Also I don’t think this has been shared here yet, a clip from what I presume is the start of tonight’s episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYLflMsfl_g

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I kind of like the new guy. Mack + Yo-Yo will probably end up together again anyway but he seems like he could be a good character.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Dexo posted:

I wouldn't. Every character in Ironfist besides Ironfist himself is actually decent in that show.

Colleen Wing >>>

they should make a Colleen Wing + Misty Knight show, I'd watch it

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I hope they ignore the snap entirely

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

Season 6, Episode 3: Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson

https://i.imgur.com/qSy4hRI.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/c3rUyC4.gifv

some prime avatar material in those, especially monkey fitz

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
just because there haven’t been tons of humans in space doesn’t mean the galaxy isn’t aware of them. The Asgardians for example have the bifrost that goes to earth and have been there

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ah, so everyone's just really well read on obscure backwater planets.

I'm mostly jesting. I did really enjoy Farscapes "what the frell is a Yoo-Man?" moments

maybe everyone knows about humans because they're the butt of a lot of intergalactic jokes, like I've never been to a trailer park in Florida but that doesn't mean I'm not familiar with the adventures of Florida Man

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
if either Piper or Davis dies I will riot

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Proteus Jones posted:

I've been on that team since ep2.

And not so much "save" the planet they're on, but more like try to stop the spread before the fungus bird population is unmanageable. Once that happens, Team Coulson2 destroy the planet in an attempt to cauterize the spread and move to the next because they inevitably miss a few.

what if they don’t actually destroy every planet? They destroyed the last one but maybe they just couldn’t contain the birds there so they burned it all down. otherwise you’d think they’d just destroy it immediately and not bother seeking them out

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I got the impression that Sarge's group only destroys worlds when they can't get the shrikes under control

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Chokes McGee posted:

My impression was that the shrikes themselves blow up planets, but Sarge finally decided one was as good as any to blow up Ward their creator.

yeah you're right them planning on blowing it up this time, I forgot about that line from the previous episode

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
he was loving great in Overlord, I wish his part was bigger

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Rhyno posted:

Too bad the rest of the film sucked.

Eh I liked it a lot other than the ending, where it basically turns into a video game boss fight. Lots of fun (and mostly practical) special effects and some great scenery-chewing from the actors.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Can someone refresh my memory on the status/location of the monoliths? Were they destroyed?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm trying to work out at what point this season they found out their run was being extended, and what they might have changed in order to accommodate a longer production cycle.

My guess is that this Snowbunny subplot was added in at the last moment since a) it comes from nowhere, hilariously so and b) it provides the show with an opportunity for characters/actors they like to hang around for longer.

I suspect the ongoing runner with the Chronocoms was added too, since that mostly seems to be about setting up next season.

Weren’t they renewed for seasons 6 and 7 simultaneously though?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

howe_sam posted:

iirc the season 7 renewal happened while season 6 was in production

I looked it up and you are correct, for some reason I thought it was at the same time

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

howe_sam posted:

They posted a synopsis for the series finale today and the guy who plays Davis, Maximilian Osinski, is not listed as a guest star. :smith: And in news I just learned from looking at IMDb. Maximilian Osinski is married to Dichan "Daisy's Mom" Lachman

he's not always in every episode though so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. and also:

Rhyno posted:

If Davis is dead we riot.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
Davis is actually Mr. Immortal, paving the way for a Great Lakes Avengers spinoff

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

ashpanash posted:

I don't think Sarge has any idea who or what he is. He just knows that he's chasing Izel.

By the way, am I misremembering, or did Sarge and Jacko do something to the Earth's atmosphere, or some shield to surround the earth, or something? I'm surprised that hasn't come up yet.

they did some kind of scan to locate shrike that looked like a dome in the sky when they used it. it did not do anything permanent as far as we know.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Mymla posted:

Yeah I'm not really a fan of relegating Davis to redshirt status just to show that the stakes are real. It's not as dumb as say, Tara in Buffy, but it's still not great.

At least Tara’s death served a purpose in pushing Willow over the edge. Maybe we’ll get a Dark Piper who goes nuts and flays Izul alive.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

CornHolio posted:

Has he been on the show that long?

I kinda figure next season he'll still be around and when somebody asks him about it he'll just say he got better. Didn't he go up against AIDA solo and somehow, off-screen, survive?

It’s kind of a running joke that we never hear what happened with Aida because he always gets interrupted by the main cast coming in or out

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I liked him because he was kind of doofy and likeable and had more personality than you'd normally see from a minor side character. Same with Piper although she's not doofy, and she's a better character I think. At least he got a little more to do this season (him tripping balls was great) before getting offed.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm drawing a blank with the twitter image - who's the blonde lady?

Adrianne Palicki / Bobbi

e: beaten, stupid phone call distracting me

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Avalerion posted:

I wonder why they killed of Coulson at all, were they thinking last season would be the.. uh, last season, to only then get two more?

Basically, yeah. I think I read that they wrote last season’s finale to also work as a series finale because they weren’t sure if they were getting renewed.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I'm guessing it's something like the brain scan is a replica of their brains and thoughts when they were together, and in order to be unpredictable and stay ahead of the Chronicoms they would need to stay apart and NOT work together for once.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Comrade Fakename posted:

I will be genuinely bummed if we do not get a cameo from Ward in the final season.

same, and the time travel element makes it possible at least

RareAcumen posted:

Also, I never really got into Venture Brothers, h-has it really been Sampson the whole time? I always assumed it was Samson, like the strong guy from the Bible(?) as long as he has his hair.

you should give it another shot especially if you like comic book stuff, there are lots of great of homages to silver age Marvel in it (and tons of other stuff too). I think it starts off strong but the end of season 1 is where it really picks up in terms of ongoing plot lines and character arcs. it's maybe my favorite show ever.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

twistedmentat posted:

So the Chronochoms shot Archer?

haha I thought the same thing

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Azhais posted:

Disney plus is PG rated, so anything edgier than that is destined for Hulu

I don't think that's true, they've already announced that several PG-13 MCU films will be on there

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Erev posted:

Did anyone manage to grab a screencap of the list of names on the computer screen? I only caught Bruce Banner and Victoria Hand on the list.

some of the names seemed familiar but the only other ones I definitely recognized were Isabelle Hartley (Lucy Lawless), and Robert Gonzalez (Edward James Olmos) from season 2

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 26, 2020

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I liked Dollhouse a lot, but yeah it takes a little bit to get good (not as long as AoS did though!). It starts to shift gears after the first couple episodes and ends up going in pretty unexpected directions later on. I thought the flash forward/future stuff at the end of each season was super cool when I first watched it

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 8, 2020

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Jetfire posted:

This new Mallick's goon squad really feel like they're coming out of the Season 2 jobbers list. I hope they get stomped soon.

it would be kind of great if they keep building up to a big showdown and then when it happens Daisy just immediately says "screw this" and quakes them into the atmosphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Doggles posted:

Season 8 looking good.

I hope Blossom gets to quake Mojo Jojo into space