Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am excited for the next edition of Grey Hunter Destroys a Navy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

France is hiding until they can reveal the majesty of Le Surcouf as final boss.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, does the 3 Centerlines now immediately enable us to build BBs?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Imperator Nicolai Veliki

Just think of how jealous Kaiser Wilhelm will be.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why would we give the Tsar 6 fine 13 inch naval hunting rifles if not to defend his beloved people and hunt the actual most dangerous game: Battleships? He can mount their ship's wheels back at the palace as trophies!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bremen posted:

It's not big on micromanagement (and at game start you can even choose to shrink everyone's navy proportionately so you aren't dealing with hundreds of ships). It's grognardy reputation is almost entirely in the ship design, where you could spend a half hour fiddling with numbers or looking up what things like narrow armor belts and cross deck fire mean.

Though in a lot of ways, isn't that the entire fun of the game? Designing ships? Makes sense it'd be the biggest point of mechanical complexity.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Three cheers for our heroic Tsar!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Lone Badger posted:

He personally saved thousands of our finest! A true hero

And where is the Emperor of Japan, anyway? Hiding in his palace! Not like our true Russian monarch and his mighty cannon yacht.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pershing posted:

Åsidosätta

Seconded

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And lo, falls the roundest boat to ever exist.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sheep-dodger posted:

Efficient Rearmament Act

There shall be no gimmick ships of the BB, CA, B or BC classes until we have built at least five new ships of those classes or ten years have passed, whichever happens earlier

Seconded.

If we wanted to have the budget to build dumb poo poo and still overwhelm the enemy with an army of ship-corpses we'd have been America.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Breaking my ancient custom of never voting on anything to give a hard Nyet to Totally Not Blackmail because it's petty bullshit.

Same here. Totally Not Blackmail: No.

C'mon, guys, play nice. We're not the IJA and IJN.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those improved 5 inchers are going to be really nice for future secondaries and arming our next few waves of DDs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I enjoy the small shot of how we have no money in the corner of the extremely expensive BC's design.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also you can't name something below 70,000-80,000 tons the Maximum Battleship. Unless we have to grease the sides so it can get through the Panama Canal it isn't a Maximum Battleship yet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Guess I'll vote for Potemkin.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think we can take France. Austria-Hunagry is never a threat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nay across the board

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing is airbases are actually very useful. They're definitely something to consider when we're not building 3 BBs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nearly losing to a CA with a BC is one of the most Austria-Hungary moves possible. Up there with having over 40 subs and not managing to sink a single merchant.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That was my guess as well, but you've gotta admit, it's a pretty Austria-Hungarian move. Looking vaguely threatening on paper but then the details show they're all from the 1905s and completely worthless. This is the country that called '3 9 inch guns' a battleship armament.

They're probably all out puttering around the med, randomly exploding when someone aboard leaves the stove on.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those triple turrets are going to be a godsend for future designs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah
Yeah
Yeah

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Huh, the Quads are Improved Quads immediately. That'll be nice.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Though scrapping one that's only 6 months into being built and has been sitting on pause for ages is less of an issue, especially when you just made some huge advances while waiting for the money to free up to build it. Scrapping the one that's almost done would be a bad move, scrapping the one with 27 months left isn't necessarily bad.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Danann posted:

Potemkin's the one on 7 months, the Rimsky-Korsakov's the one that's being proposed for scrapping and she's the one that's on 23 months and more.

That's what I mean, Potemkin is almost done while Rimsky-Korsakov has only actually been building rather than on pause for like 6 months of its 30+ month construction time. We should finish Potemkin and I agree we should just scrap Rimsky-Korsakov.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

When I was playing with a friend for the first time, CLs were definitely some of our MVPs as far as winning a lot of smaller engagements while also being useful. Plus, we have double turrets for CLs which allows for some mean CLs. And CLs stay useful in fleet engagements because enemy Destroyers hate them.

The issue for us is that building multiple capital ships at a time is difficult. Very difficult. It's hard enough to do as someone like Germany. To be honest I'd be more down with canceling the Korsakov not so much to replace it with another BB, but rather to replace it with other kinds of ships.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yea to scrapping the Rimsky-Korsakov and Annoy Austria Acts

Nay to all others

There's always time to dunk on Austria-Hungary.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LCS Act-Yea

All Others-Nay

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like the idea on the gun arrangement on the Penguin.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

bewbies posted:

YES to

Blue Water Navy Act of 1929
Baltic Air Expansion Act of 1929

nay to all else

This

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What level of AI vs. player control of the fleet is Grey playing on again?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcturas posted:

Can you refit ships with higher quality same-size guns? We just unlocked Q1 16” guns and all our battleships use 16” guns. If that’s a fast refit we might be able to sneak it in ahead of the war with Austria and I assume it’d give us an even bigger edge?

You can, but it's surprisingly and enormously expensive. It can be really worth it sometimes, though. Qual 1 16 inchers are a really good thing to have.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

16 inch Qual +1 guns are probably genuinely better for far less weight.

Not that this should stop us building 20 inch armed BBs or BCs once those come available, mind. Because it's a 20 inch cannon. You have to try to make that thing float and shoot.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My god. Every time I look at that design, I see something new and horrifying. In a way, I admire its purity.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Did you ever consider if you combined these two pure creatures that live within your imagination, you would produce a mighty hybrid that could do all the things BBs do, instead of a pair of pure yet crippled Hapsburg-esque abominations choking on their own tongues.

(I love the Moskva and your Agincourt, But More idea)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Servetus posted:

We have the lowest Naval Budget of the Great Powers! How did this happen? Austria has a bigger Naval budget than we do!

The Tsar is putting the gold on his bread.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pingvin 2

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just prefer to use the 5 inch guns if possible, especially as we have Qual +1 ones, so I thought the Pingvin was a better DD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

yea
nay