Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's really hard to raise the stakes on The Revolting Flayed without just becoming a blood elemental

Our blades are sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Dual Swords - Bio stalker is super fun. Am I missing something, or do you take basically all of the Bio moves? They all seem super useful.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

John Murdoch posted:

I'm possibly unaware of some secret optimization tricks, but generally speaking the newest powersets have zero skippable (or at least out and out bad) powers for better or worse.

That is good to know, thank you. I thought I was crazy when making the build that I took everything.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The CD timers are such an amazing addition. I never realized how short the CD timer for the Warshade Dwarf buff was.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

clone on the phone posted:

What about the TW part?

e: Actually while I'm asking, how are sword / mace / axe? I need some kind of martial weapon for the theme i'm going with.

I heard Mace is pretty solid, but I am talking from memory so take it with a grain of salt.

Kodilynn posted:

Definitely a major quality of life improvement for powers like self heals that can make or break what you're jumping into for sure.

It makes the timing of pulls and popping cool downs soooooo much easier. I feel like if a lot of players use this there might be a nice boost in teams overall dps. I could just be dreaming though...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

From reddit, holy gently caress:

MY LIFE FOR AIUR

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Everslain posted:

If anyone ever asks if you want to do the Dr. Quaterfield Task Force, don't do it.

Holy gently caress...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I want to start up doing a melee focused mostly human PB again but I cannot find any good recent guides about them. The one I am using is this: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6824-youre-a-g-d-pb-guide/

Anyone else got experience with this kind of build? I had one wayyyyyy back in the day but I have no memory of what I built it like.

Also, Water/Atomic blasters are awesome. I did not hit max level yet (or even fully kit him out) but I am loving it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nonexistence posted:

That guide looks perfectly fine

Awesome! I always liked PB's as a class, glad to have a guide to help me wade through the abilities.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting a character that can AoE farm to level 50 was the best idea.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Decided I wanted to make a new scrapper because the alts never end. Made a Titan/Energy scrapper.

I can't wait to level him up because he hits like a truck right now but suffers from the usual low level problem of, never enough energy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Diephoon posted:

I somehow managed to play on Homecoming for months and months without knowing about endurance enhancers that you slot into health for passive boosts. Panacea: +Hit Points/Endurance, Numina's Convalescence: +Regeneration/Recovery, and Miracle: +Recovery go into pretty much every character I make now and can be slotted at level 10, 20, and 30 along with Performance Shifter: Chance for +End in Stamina at level 21.

You can also run Death from Below (there's usually someone spamming for DFB or plenty of people willing to join if you go to the effort of making the group yourself) on a new/low level hero side character and pick the endurance bonus at the end which will last you up to level 20 IIRC. Failing all that, if you have money you can always buy blue inspirations at the local hospital, and homecoming's P2W vendor has an endurance restore temporary power I usually save for when I get end drained/recover from a death.

Oh yeah, why didn't I think about just buying those for him lol? I will do that when I get home, hopefully it will curb the endurance drain.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Diephoon posted:

Yeah this all operates under the assumption that you have millions of influence to spend (Panacea is usually pretty pricy around 9 mil). I get around 100 mil every day or so if I bother to buy super packs and convert the ATOs into brute sets.

I have a farming character, so it might take a little bit of time but I can grind it out :).

What do you mean by the conversion thing? While I have been playing for awhile now the crafting system still confuses me a little :smith:.

In hindsight, I should have made my farming character on a different account so I could power level myself...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

LordSaturn posted:

that poo poo never goes away, tbh

I think the idea is to buy super packs, and take the ATOs from them, and use them with Enhancement Converters to "convert within rarity" repeatedly until they come out as Brute ATOs, because those sell for enough more to be worth the cost/effort

Makes sense, that also explains why converters have such stable prices.

Where does one buy the super packs? The machine/person in the AH?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Awesome guide, thank you!

I for some reason thought super packs was referring to enhancements themselves and not the 30x converters :hotpickle:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I got a Fire/Rad brute, if you see me online let me know. I usually pick up some lowbies to level them a little.

Freedom - Excelsior - @mesdoram or Ajora is the character.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tsurupettan posted:

the HC team stopped bein lil bitches and you can make videos/streams of HC server stuff again

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/28866-homecoming-code-of-conduct-update-may-13th-2021/

They probably got some green lights from NC.

Also, pretty sure they were doing that because they didn't want to be shutdown via a metric fuckton of lawsuits.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tsurupettan posted:

were you part of the secret server? because this is the same poo poo they've been peddling for years and years and i don't really believe anything that comes out of it any more.

Nope, this is just hearsay I came across. Both in game and on Reddit I've read people saying these things.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Homecoming's got page 3 up on the beta server.

Lots of everything! Stone Blast, Stone on Scrappers, Stone Armor and Elec Blast might not suck anymore???

It's only for the new SF for now, but new higher difficulty options with bigger rewards are also pretty neat. Also: innertube.

Electric blast not sucking? That would be a nice change :unsmith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sea Lily posted:

i have a friend who's in that SG

it seems a lot like something goons would enjoy, tbh. buncha weirdo rats living underground in a ramshackle sewer town

they had a wonderful thanksgiving dinner

:allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inzombiac posted:

This is especially fun when you're a team of 8 Masterminds goin' buckwild. Sure you can't tell what's going on but that doesn't matter!

All MM groups are hilarious and fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a few months since I played so I hopped onto my 50 water/atomic blaster and remembered how much fun it is. It just feels so versatile and having double amp damage is a lot of fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Seventh Arrow posted:

I am vengeance. I am the night. I haven't thought this through very carefully!

:allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Whenever I want to get back into this game, I just hop on my Bots/Time MM and have an absolute blast.

I am so glad I can play this game again.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Coward posted:

Un-nerf Regen!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Time bomb was always hilarious to me. Love that skill, even if it is not even close to being the best.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Soooooo they moved the placed to farm out of Atlas?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Potsticker posted:

It's okay. It's also in like every other zone.

That is good to hear at least

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Fearless_Decoy posted:

It's Trick or Treat season, there's giant farms in Peregrine Island.

Neato, I will check that out :unsmith:.

Seems like they nerfed my Rad/Fire brute. Guess I gotta hit the drawing board and figure out a spec to not die quickly :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pindakaas posted:

Hey the new patch is out. Illusion control dominators, sentinel and mastermind buffs and more.

Mastermind buffs? Ooo gotta check that out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Inzombiac posted:

Illusion Dom... my holy grail.

Gonna have choice paralysis on secondary.

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Gynovore posted:

It was that way before. One endredux solves the problem. Even half an endredux from a set is often enough

Good to know know :hmmyes:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How's the illusionist dominator?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Stolen from Reddit:

Reddit posted:

Metalios and Zed have released a new version of Mids' Reborn for both Homecoming's Issue 27, Page Five, and Rebirth's Issue Four: 3.4.7.3. Please note that only Windows 10 and 11 are officially supported. If you are not using 3.4.6, there are several steps that you need to do:

1) Uninstall and delete Mids' Reborn completely. Wipe the folder clean.
2) Download and install the .NET 6 desktop runtime. You can obtain it here.
3) The built-in Windows ZIP archive extractor sucks. If you do not already have an archive extractor program (WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRAR, PeaZip, etc.), installed, then I recommend downloading and installing PeaZip. It's free and open source software. You can obtain that here.
4) Download Mids' Reborn and extract it into its own folder, whereever you want to put Mids' Reborn. For example, I personally have it in C:\Loaded Camel\Mids Reborn\ You can download it here.
Open Windows Explorer, right click MidsReborn.exe, and go to the Compatibility tab. Click "Change high DPI settings" towards the bottom. Then follow the screenshot. Once done, click "OK." Enjoy.

https://preview.redd.it/meq2okbptmx91.png?width=400&format=png&auto=webp&s=2f5b643c4eb95abcd7fd4d0d14057e822a067c56

Known issues:

Exporting builds to forums is borked. Until it is fixed, go to File > Export > Forum Export > Yes > Data Chunk, and select "Only export Data Chunk"
Sentinel Ranged_Damage and Melee_Damage modifiers have been changed for Sentinel, but not the powers scales. Damage may be off.
This update contains most of the revamps for Masterminds that could be done but not the revamp of the pets' powers due to some limitations (e.g. critical hit chance increase for Ninjas)
The Pet Powers window is broken.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

deep dish peat moss posted:

I ended up as a Dual Pistols/Devices blaster instead:

Fantastic name for them :unsmith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If you had not tried water/rad blaster I suggest giving it shot. It is actually really fun! Double build up is sooooooo nice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Freakazoid_ posted:

Does the new content they're working on involve new costume pieces? I'll come back when I have some new fashion to work with.

They added a poo poo ton of new costume customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That is a crazy amount of updates and changes...