Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For Xbox Im expecting Age of Empires 4 to be a day and date launch on gamepass and yall will act like thats really cool and important but 90% of gamepass pc subscribers will just use it for access to whatever Bethesda shits out onto it.

Ubisoft to reveal a streaming service and their attempt to cash in on <spins wheel> rocket league. Nothing will look interesting but someone is buying 800 copies of the division so this show repeats every year.

Devolver to do another "wacky" show to declining results but show off some fun looking games but the nagging question of "why the gently caress do you have this show?" will linger

EA will show off its star wars project, not to you, but directly to the head of disney. It will ultimately be poo poo, but it wont matter to Disney because thats apparently their vision for the franchise after buying it.

Nintendo will show games you already knew with mechanics basically identical to past efforts but since you are nostalgic for these franchises they will be the "winner of the show" regardless of the product quality.

Square Enix will show off the exact same alpha footage of their avengers game that leaked like 5 years ago and act incredulous when someone points oit theyve not done a single minute of work on it that entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YOURFRIEND posted:

God willing they will port some of the Good Wii U games.

They already ported all of those

Barudak
May 7, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Still waiting for Hyrule Warriors and Wonderful 101.

Hyrule Warriors is on switch though?

Wonderful 101 isnt worth porting. Its more clever than it is good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Operencia is an Epic Store 1 year exclusive and really good.

And if an installer keeps you from Pc gaming while my decades of poo poo not working hasnt completely stopped me yet you dont want to PC game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you genuinely give a poo poo about a game only being available on the Epic store I have to assume you're over 35

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

goddamn people were excited for whatever Freelancer was

Freelancer was basically single player Star Citizen as far as what they promised. What launched was an unfinished mess and missing huge swathes of what was promised or systems simplified to the point of wondering why they existed which won't happen with Star Citizen since it'll never come out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If thats true I'm curious what "older games" means cause 31 games streaming is barely more than Microsoft offers nearly on accident currently through Gamepass to PC users and you can download those titles.

Edit: Theres no way thats the pitch, again, loving Gamepass gets day and date drops.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Genuinely, if thats Google's launch Microsoft will finally get to feel the joy of hastily redoing parts of your conference to lay a lethal PR dunk on Phil Harrison

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 6, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RUMOR: Xbox press conference changed to Phil Spencer coming out in an all red leather outfit and just laying burn after burn on Phil Harrison

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't imagine playing Witcher 3 on switch, not because I think the experience will be degraded but because theres no way I'm playing Witcher 3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm really curious if the next time EA buys a studio someone tracks how long it takes for 100% turnover in the business.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Didn't google just kill YouTube Gaming. Like in the last month or so?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft is unveiling Gamepass for PC at this event with what appears to be Metro Exodus among the titles coming to it so unless they've decided you suddenly are only allowed to stream on the PC and have to pay $20 a month for the privilege I think Microsoft doesn't even have to do anything to have the better offering.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cannot believe Microsoft put together a more compelling offering on accident on PC

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally the aspiring child molestor demographic takes back E3

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Its going to suck when thq announces timesplitters

I played part of one of them (maybe 2? 3?) and all I remember is it felt like goldeneye with unreasonable enemy difficulty so THQ wont get me into their child rubbing grip with it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brick Shipment posted:

... oh.
I guess my next question is 'why?', but no one has to answer that one.

Well given my experience managing corporate advertising the answer is "because THQ Nordic endorses nazism and pedophilia" and wanted to make that clear

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also keep in mind that if you try to visit 8chan in some browsers like chrome youll get a warning thats basically "hey, do you really want to be on an FBI watch list? Yes/No"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wowzers Yooka-Laylee must have bombed because this looks like what Id expect a first time kickstarter attempting to rip off donkey kong country to look like not a sequel to a banjo knock-off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I like the "master their expansive moveset" part that was just 6 different shots of the ball rolling move

Yeah but they got rid of the stamina bar, one of the stupidest things in the original

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That doesnt look like a regular Tales game...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope one of the sidequests is you doing ride along with a Trauma Team

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

New 500 dollar xbox coming out every three years on a human face saying pc costs too much forever

Please, there will also be a 600 dollar model

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had to play CoH for school and it wasnt fun.

I also dont give a poo poo about character creation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wildstar was definitely one of those bombs I enjoyed the hell out of watching fail

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fun fact: Everquest 1 is still running, still making money

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nobody gives a poo poo about 9/11 anymore and unless your launching a flight sim or something nobody cares.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously it was almost 20 years ago. I think it can be a normal date that things can happen on again.

There are soldiers fighting in wars caused by 9/11 that were born after 9/11. It's just a day.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yo if you have Xbox Gold and Gamepass services go sign up for Ultimate; it merges your months together. I.e., if you have 6 months left on your gold and 3 months left on your gamepass it'll give you 9 months of both.

Kurtofan posted:

we forgot

This is my favorite knock knock joke

*Knock Knock*
"Who is there?"
"9/11"
"9/11 who?"
"YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER FORGET!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The leaked list of games at launch is also pretty good.

Also laffo that they're like half-way to blowing up Google Stadia and their conference hasn't even started yet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Do you remember like five years ago when Microsoft tried to end the concept of used games?

And they still are.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harry Privates posted:

How do you do this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...te/cfq7ttc0khs0

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 9, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Updated my link, thanks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Commander Keen gave me whiplash from woo to fuuuuuuck this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Lol why did the mobile games get a better response than Wolfenstein

Because Wolfenstein 2 sucked that much

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah show me the next Arkane flop

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stop talking and let me kill everything

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

sony really wont show anything this year? i know last year loving sucked but i will miss them.

microsoft anounced a new console but there is no hype whatsoever?

i got old or what the gently caress?

Microsoft revealed exactly as much as Sony's console reveal: not a goddamn lot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dammit where is the Doom RPG collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Seriously put the RPGs on switch you shits