Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I didn't realize Luchasaurus is Austin :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I hope Jackson doesn't turn out to be this year's Winston.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I'd love for Jackson to be Winston, but he doesn't seem nearly as interesting.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but when I think of Winston I think of a dude who has gotten by on his looks for his whole life, forms early bromance, ends up having terrible views.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's amazing that years after BB15 people still have to be told to at least hide their racist tendencies.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

As always I think the house comes down to a couple of big personalties. This year its Jack, Christie, and maybe Tommy
The problem with this is no one is particularly interesting. Jack is a pretty bully, Christie is just boring, Tommy is a stereotype.

Too bad BB always falls into this trap of looking like they will do interesting things (Christie and Tommy knowing each other? What else is going on?) and then just abruptly drop them. The game should be non-stop twists. Wacky stuff like the comp where the house gets trashed and Zingbot and lovely punishments should be the norm not the exception. I haven't been paying too much attention but are there even have nots?

edit: the most interesting person is David. He's at least trying to raise the alarm that if you aren't in the annual giant alliance, you are a target of them. If you aren't running (Jack) or tight (Holly, Ana, Jackson) with the annual giant alliance, you'll be a pawn at some point, if not the actual target when there is not enough resistance from the other side to do anything about it.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 13, 2019

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Hold up.

Jackson and Kat hooked up before feeds and Jackson and Holly are?
Jack and Ana hooked up a few times and now it's Jack and Kat?

The TV episodes have been insanely boring because they won't show anything scandalous and I don't have the time for feeds, so this thread is all that's keeping my interest this year.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah I'm sure production is rushing to punish one of their golden boys.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jackson is a piece of poo poo so I'm down for a Paulie style meltdown.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Catching up on the show episodes and wow Jackson is really their golden boy isn't he. They sure didn't protect Cliff with the edit, he still looks dumb as hell.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

For once I don't know who goes up next week.
Since we're in the hell dimension, Jack wins and puts up Nicole and Sam, backdoors Cliff.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

So are Nick and Sis going to be a thing once Jack is out?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Ana rants about Cliff and calls him a “pussy.”
This person actually making a move is a pussy - a person who hasn't done anything herself the entire game.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Christie getting 3rd nom and leaving on Tommy’s hoh would be something.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

I've only been watching since 15
If I started with 15, I probably would not have kept watching.

When was the last the season wasn't a complete trainwreck? I'll exclude 16 because Derek just ran over everyone.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Every drat year you hear pawns go home and then it still happens and they still don't understand.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Nick's punishment the rest of the season is impotently watching Jack/Sis hook up until the finale.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jack, Jackson, Nick, Kemi, and Sis would all be great on the challenge.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Someone at CBS recently said that anyone going to MTV won't be brought back for CBS's shows.
Last of this topic but Chase (from the Bachelorette) went on MTV's Ex on the Beach last year and was on Bachelor in Paradise this week. Maybe this is a new policy going forward?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

Ana is basically a brunette version of this blonde girl named Jenna that’s been on a lot of them.
Holy poo poo this is incredibly on point and I can’t believe I didn’t see it sooner.

The challenge rules for exactly the reasons others pointed out. Paulie is dialed up to 11 but so is everyone else. Da’vonne has been on a few seasons now and she’s much better off the big brother leash.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm guessing nothing is really happening since Jess is a lock to go for days now? Do they suspect a DE?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Victorkm posted:

My favorite thing about the Challenge is that the biggest money winner to date is Ashley Mason who is a worse and less likely 2 time winner than Sandra from Survivor. She got lucky to win 2 seasons on the backs of better players and 1 of those seasons happened to pay out the biggest prize ever on the Challenge so between her prior win and the last one she eclipsed the prior biggest cash winner Johnny Bananas by over 500k. I like to use that fact to taunt my mom because she HATES Ashley so much. I do the same with Rachel in regards to BB.
Worth it because she took the money from Hunter. Hunter is an utter prick.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

You'd probably need a primer on the challenge to get started on it now. There's way too much history for the show to even explain every season. Plus it's a rotating subset of a greater cast so you might have to understand the history/alliances of previous seasons to understand why certain people hate other people.

Of course if you don't care about that you can just watch for the challenges themselves or just to see who is going to get hurt in the dumbest possible way.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Nicole has zero chance. Jackson would be stupid to take Holly, even though I think he beats her too.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

If Jackson takes Nicole she wins. If Nicole takes Holly she wins. She has not a bad chance.

Just to take the Jackson vs. Nicole scenario, Nicole has Jess because she won't vote for a man, she'll have Tommy for obvious reasons, which means she'll have Christie, Jack might (probably) is still pissed off and will vote for Nicole and Chicken will do what he says. There's 5.

edit: Oh yeah and Nicole has Cliff. She has this if the gets to F2.
I think it's delusional to think the gr8ful/sh66ters (?) clique will not support them. Jack and Jackson made up before Jack left. They probably think ~*America*~ wants to see their reunion tour at the finale.

Jackson vs Holly: Jackson wins because he will make the proper argument that Holly just followed what he said to do.
Jackson vs Nicole: Jackson wins because Nicole is a monster. Jess votes against Nicole.
Holly vs Nicole: Holly wins as the last surviving member of a boring alliance. Jess votes against Nicole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Yikes, I just watched last night's episode and I don't stand by my own posts anymore. Tommy seems extremely hurt and might be able to poison the entire jury against Jackson. That was dirty and not in a "good game play" way.