Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Dear loving god they wasted an entire loving season of Harley Quinn to set up something they could've knocked out in two episodes.

Breaking Bad could've been done in like 8 episodes but that's not how stories work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

It's weird how Bee and Puppycat gets successively worse from the pilot to the frederator/kickstarter show to the netflix show

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

There’s a non-zero chance that this is like Harley Quinn, in that it’s actually really good but nobody knows how to market it at all

But all of this?
That trailer, those character designs, the loving soulless Twitter thread announcing the entire voice cast?
I do not have high hopes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

readingatwork posted:

[words about neo yokio]

This is completely my feelings on it, and I think trying to contextualize it as "2am Adult Swim" is brilliant

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Who the gently caress is this show’s target demo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

AmbientParadox posted:

I think publishing an autobiography when you're 30 about your mid-20s is premature. But I'm not a big name in Hollywood so what do i know!

tbf Jeanette McCurdy's book is really really really good

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I finally watched Inside Job

Real bummer it got shitcanned, right after it seemed to have found its footing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

What the gently caress

How have I never heard of this before?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've been mates with the creator for ages and ages and even if it's bad, I'm thrilled to see one of his shows actually get picked up, instead of being passed on for loving Allen Gregory and Napoleon Dynamite

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

do they drive more cars?

Airplane but yes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Doomstar Requiem was pretty good

But the sound mixing was absolutely abysmal and you couldn't really hear the dialogue, which is pretty fuckin critical in a rock opera

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

pixaal posted:

I've only watched it on 2.1 speakers and didn't have a problem, is it the surround mix that's off? And I normally have problems hearing people in shows (the whispering poo poo stop it use a stage whisper.)

I watched it right when it aired, there's good odds they redid the mix after that

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Trailer did not have music credits

Is there any word on who's doing music?

Can I get an Anamanaguchi cameo or something

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Watched the Metalocalypse movie

It's good. Quite good.

It also needed to be twice as long. Thing moves way too fast, plot never has any time to breathe.

Also had the same problem I had with Doomstar Requiem in that the vocals were mixed too low, or maybe Metalocalypse is just a place where my hearing damage from years at metal shows truly rears its head

e:
also feel a bit ripped off paying $20 for a one hour 'movie'
Really just two episodes, even if it had a full season of content mashed into it

Sockser fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 29, 2023

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Adult Swim is 13 hours of the CN 24 hour cycle now
Okay
That's
Well that's weird but okay
Surely this means that

Oh, okay
only 3.5 hours of the 13 are AS original content

So equal parts AS and American Dad

very cool, Zaslav.

e:
Also gently caress Toonami, I guess, why not

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The Merkinman posted:

Is there any Animation for Adults that isn't just an excuse to be as violent and gory as possible?

The Simpsons, Mission Hill, Futurama, Venture Bros, Bob and Margaret, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Bob's Burgers, Royal Crackers, Inside Job,

I could keep going

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Tree Trunks is great you're all jerks :mad:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

We did, like 6 years ago

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

That's the first confirmation I've seen that Anamanaguchi is doing music

Hell fuckin yes

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Scott Pilgrim:

My understanding going in was that it was going to just be an animated adaptation that deviated a bit. I expected a changed ending and some streamlined characters, not unlike the film or the game. I did not expect it to be a completely original story.

I loving loved it
The books/movie don't focus enough on how Ramona also sucks and not just Scott, and her getting closure with her ex's and recognizing her own issues is great. Fleshing out the ex's and giving them more personality and story is great.
Shocked and elated for a new Metric track. Was hoping for a second one in the finale, but that's me being greedy.

Wallace, as always, is the best character in all mediums.

It did make me really crave a straight animated adaptation of the books. It kinda toes the line between treating the movie as canon and treating the books as the true canon

I want more
Give me more

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I would definitely not recommend the Netflix series to anyone who had not read the comics or seen the film. It is definitely a sequel too the original story and not a side-story or anything

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzOUmo4xFQ

Super excited, hoping that they let Jason get weirder with showrunning in S2

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

DoubleCakes posted:

On whim I bought the entirety of China IL on digital which feels like the proper way to come into that show. The difference between the first and second season is as noticeable as a bank explosion because the 11 minutes per episode in season 1 made everything move a lot quicker– the lack of room to breath. The compressed plot contributes to the sense of surrealism. Then season 2 comes along and makes everything 22 minutes per episode. I still like the show, in fact I like it more, but there was something unique about that first season but keep in mind I usually don't watch Adult Swim stuff.

It's a real bummer that Brad Neely's Harg Nallin Sclopio Peepio is kind of straight up bad and unfunny, dude deserved to have five more seasons of China IL

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_jANMqAgA

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDa3ii_mHmc

Hey Arnold was the realest

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Gwimbly is probably the strongest episode of the show, but there's not a single iconic stinker in the whole lot

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not much of a Supes guy, but I always assumed it was less a "weakness" and more of a "vulnerability"

In the way that I, a regular human, am vulnerable to being stabbed

e to clarify:
or in the way that Batman would be similarly vulnerable to magic

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I know the creator to some degree, and it definitely seems like more of his personal humor is coming through in the second season and is feeling a lot more like what I would have expected it to be from the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I like Great North, but it mostly lives on having a good grasp on the characters and just enough heart behind the writing. I don't think there's been too much of a notable shift in anything from the first season to now, so if you didn't really jibe with it early, it probably won't hit now.

Krapopolis I still think kinda sucks. I can see why and how it could be funny but all the pieces don't really come together in a satisfying way.