Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I mean, if I had an opinion on Assad, I'd keep it to myself. The curse is probably nothing, but why risk it?

The Lion Of Damascus's Wager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

anyways bring back the vlogs matt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

They are raising money to CGI out Virgil.

In the Special Edition of the Iowa State Fair Chapo Trap House, Virgil has been digitally replaced with a new character named "Goblarx" that we think audiences are really going to connect with.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Truly, we are in a golden age of shoplifting.

when my home depot switched over to primarily self-serve checkout lines, they may as well have changed all the prices on those little bins in the hardware aisle to FREE

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

lmao we're the same person

Let's get patches for our jackets that say "NOT ONE CENT FOR A $2 BOLT"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this is an advanced technique if you ever need to get hardwood from there that they charge like $9/ft for: just grab a tag from a 2x4 so you have something to scan that doesn't set off the "hey this needs to get measured" prompt

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

he is weirdly annoying to me and i'm not sure why
when matt goes on a manic pop psych/leftism hybrid tangent there is at least drunken midwestern prophet energy to it, when bessner does it it's like someone who is REALLY trying to sell you on a timeshare

I think he has more of that Journalism Voice affect than the rest of them where it sounds like he's running things through a filter to avoid being perceived as biased or ideological

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

did anybody say "cringepoints" yet?

If this gets out, Chapo is ruined

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it was funny enough that Aimee was a spurned Chapo reply guy, but now they're cultivating an entire rogue's gallery

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Execrable latte liberals at their cringe worthy best to reprise the Weimar Republic zeitgeist. You wonder why Trump and his authority seeking followers are trying to rig elections in 2022. This is one party people with common sense will do well to avoid.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i do not understand why we're talking about some person writing a snarky summary of a party which afaik involves no podcasts nor promient podcasters

idk, seems like Felix was there:

The Article posted:

To my surprise, I overhear a self-assured man in a denim jacket talking about how much he loves Mayor de Blasio. “The de Blasio mayoralty was a good time … The reason it’s a hot take is because he’s a disaster. Relatively soon we’re gonna look back and be like, de Blasio, that was okay.” I join his conversation, but everytime I agree with one of his talking points about de Blasio or soon-to-be mayor Adams (“the perfect mayor for the moment, because he’s Black, a former cop, and plausibly a critic of the NYPD who actually loves the NYPD”), he disagrees with me. He tells me he’s a writer — “I’m not very successful. I have a podcast.”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

i doubt there's a shortage of guys who parrot everything felix says in brooklyn

It's definitely not Felix - the next few sentences reveal that the man has a girlfriend.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

yes? it's not difficult, being a nurse doesn't give you some sort of special virus arbitration powers.

sure it doesn't, but it does give you complaining rights about how the pandemic is being dealt with over literally every other profession

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I would argue that as long as we’re sending children to the plague halls to breathe each other to death, teachers should be able to complain just as much as nurses.

Complain, discuss, joke - the point is, anyone who is performing a public-facing job during a pandemic should be allowed to say "this loving sucks, and no one is doing anything to make it better" without being hectored to footnote their comments with covid safety tips.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

now that being said, Felix has absolutely been a huge baby about the 'wearing a mask at the gym' thing, dude you make enough money to have someone come to your apartment and assemble a home gym for you lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Focusing on “individual responsibility” is a lib obsession because it lets them ignore the complete societal failure. No amount of shaming people for eating out will ever do anything.

It’s like trying to shame people for eating meat or not recycling because *the planet is dying*

Right, there's no meaningful force attempting to change our 'produce as much as possible, consume as much as possible, grow as much as possible, repeat' culture. And yeah maybe some people use that as a shield to excuse their own lovely behavior, but it doesn't change that it's true.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

but wearing a mask isn't just for the benefit of other people and you don't have to go to restaurants

whatever protection against covid is provided by a mask is reduced by taking it off and on a dozen times to eat while you're on an airplane. that's what they were saying, not that "masks are dumb."

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shocking lack of respect for our healthcare hero veterans in this thread

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

but on the other hand, they're also the C-SPAM 2021 "Most Improved" Award recipient

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

having done some work with R and sentiment analysis in the past, i can tell you EXACTLY how Sarah Silverman ended up the furthest left-wing voice in podcasting

first up you put together a list of words that mean "bad" and a list of words that mean "good"

then you put together a list of words that mean "democrat" and a list of words that mean "republican"

you count up all the times when good word happens with democrat, bad word happens with republican, and that's how left wing you are

you count up all the times when good word happens with republican, bad word happens with democrat, and that's how right wing you are

as a result of this any time you do political sentiment analysis CSPAM comes out as a moderate voice for logic and reason, because "the Trump hamburger party was amazing" means we're republicans, "Ted Cruz is the most cucked man in politics" means we're democrats, "I can't believe how excited I am for the Biden campaign!" means we're democrats, and "the democrats are a loving waste" means we're republicans

this would make sense with the Adam Carolla placement because the 'politics' he cares about is all just culture ware specific stuff like women dying their hair pink and people not eating enough stew anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

non-sense. Buffalo, the gateway to Canada, would never be ceded to PA or *spit* Ohio. Now, if full Balkanization is on the table, I'd accept a new Great Lakes Union

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Judakel posted:

khive was right lol

you're gonna have to be more specific because they're wrong about a lot of different stuff

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

I do the morally righteous thing and just have doordash deliver my kitkats to my door instead of going out side and spreading the death plague. It’s just that easy.

If you don’t want to do the moral thing that’s on you, but I’m going to keep ordering my daily kitkats (they’re fresher that way).

I keep thinking about how we have all these delivery apps - like you have the tech for coordinating an actual lockdown right there. People can place orders for the groceries they need, the medicine they need from their homes and find someone local to deliver it. You couldn't ask for a better system to be in place already if you had to keep people at home for a month.

"Hey, we're gonna test these drivers for covid regularly and get them PPE and give them government healthcare bennies for life and they'll make $50/hr. They're gonna be our lifeline to everyone that's sheltering in place over the next month."

But no, sorry - we can't do that. It's not for doing that. It's for getting people Taco Bell within 30 minutes, so we can't use it to do something other than that. It's just not what it's for.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Would you be a driver?

sure why not, it's my hypothetical

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Forrest Gump 2's framing device is Forrest telling stories about his life from the late 90's - 2020 to fellow passengers while waiting for his cancelled flight. His first story involves being in an airport back in 2001, when he helps a nice young muslim man after he drops his boxcutter in the airport.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think he wants to be hosed by felix actually

Contemporary Author account spotted

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Why is this thread the most aggro

cuz everyone knows deep down that all podcasts suck

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

you can still die from a blank. if you don't think this is true you might in fact be a stupid, stupid termite

okay but it wasn't a blank in the gun that alec baldwin killed a lady with and there were vocal concerns about the safety on set from the crew and the propmaster handling the weapons was inexperienced and the AD in charge of checking the gun to make sure it's not loaded told them it wasn't loaded

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's fine but at least send it to one of the youtube guys who upload them 5 minutes after they post it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Smythe is trying to be one of those old rear end dudes who always pays attention, takes good notes, and gets good grades in college. 😂😂😂😂

smythe wearing a kangol hat backwards in the front row of the lecture hall

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

RLM are probably making the best content on YouTube and having even the slightest crossover with the Cum Town universe was too close to ruining something as pure and innocent as Mike Stoklasa and his gut-churning fury at the state of society and its endless trash

yeah but think of how close it brings us to a Rich Evans and Stav Re:View episode of some random greek boner comedy he grew up watching

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao hell yeah

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

At least once every two weeks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ptkfvk posted:

nick doing the bit as a pilot trying stand up on a 14hr flight had me rolling recently

Stav's Doctor calling in to the show

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

like even if this were true (it isn't), who loving cares? what does it matter now?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

guy who wears a robin hood hat everyday: okay guys, i think that's enough jokes about my robin hood hat.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh hey pretty mama let me terk at you a bit, let me see that smirl

you wanna bust? you wanna bust nuts? cuz lemme tell you, we can have cershews or we can have erssues

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

it’s cool that you guys love war, no judgements, we all know how annoying it is to download music files and keep them on your phone

thank you for understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i loving love war man, Low Rider is such a jam