Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
WHERES my loving VIRGIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Matt Grinchman imo

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

https://twitter.com/len0killer/status/1346957103215202305

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

a Loving Dog posted:

i looked it up and i had to see this and now so do all of you. sorry

this image is too psychically damaging for one individual, it must be shared to lessen its power, ty

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Finicums Wake posted:

the matt bruenig vs oren cass debate was interesting.

oren has a weird conception of the individual wherein they're some kind of appendage to the family unit. so, for example, if an infant is living within deprivation, we shouldn't just give the newborn resources but do some kind of cost/benefit analysis of the newborn's family's worth (?), and then decide whether to distribute benefits based on whether the family member is an appendage of a 'worthy' family unit. under this scheme, lots of helpless people will be hurt for no cause of their own. that's bad, to me.

watching american conservatives tie themselves in knots by trying to square the circle of individualistic meritocratic society with a bio-organicist collectivist conception of the social is wild.

edit: was talking about this:

it was interesting hearing the debate, then hearing matt's post debate breakdown on the pod. listening to the debate, i felt that cass basically fell back to almost mystical arguments regarding familial obligations. matt pointed out the same thing on the pod: 90% of debate club ppl would agree with his args, but the discourse doesn't work that way

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

insanely powerful jpg, ty

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Eustace posted:

What right do 30+ year old men posting on a dead forum have to deem anything as "cringe"? Scrolling endlessly on twitter and SA is as cringe and cope as you can get

not posting cringe is impossible, if you're a poster. eventually, you will be wrong and embarrassingly so, especially if you've been posting for decades. this is the reality of posting. you have had and will have bad takes. the probability of posting cringe increases to 1 over time. look above your post, look below your post, if neither of those posts are cringe: yours is. this very post is cringe.

what separates the top tier level of posters is their ability to cope with this very fact. despite the online chorus, coping is good actually. we all must cope. I live in the great satan, and know that we are ruled by perverted criminals who will happily kill anyone, ANYONE! that stands in the way of their depraved quest for more money/power/control/adrenachrome. there's not much I can do to monkeywrench this system besides going full Ted K. we all gotta cope with that

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

xtal post the pods

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

xtal can’t post his pod bc he knows it’ll do immense psychic damage to its listeners, thus violating the NAP

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

xtal posted:

Something something your monitor

wish you’d spend less time on bad posts, and mor time on posting ur bad pods, tbh

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Grevling posted:

It only highlights the problems with the TV shows but offers no solutions.

exactly. if they were serious about revolution, they would use all their Patreon $$$ to create a leftist prestige tv show. do the work!

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Aimee’s Right

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How has no one posted this gem

Aimee Therese, u r the Copecast Thread Smokeshow of the Week

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Josh Christ posted:

Making my way down town, driving fast, three podcasts, and I'm so gay dun nuh nuhnuh nuhnuh

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

I guess if my name was justin case I’d use a pseudonym too. no judgment from me

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

chapo and scharpling cold open has producer chris playing classic best show bed music... king poo poo

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Mr. Lobe posted:

The delivery and timing of "oh my god" is *chef kiss*

someone should add the Kelsey grammer falling off the stage sfx

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Reik posted:

Suspending someone on a forum for using a slur after being repeatedly told not to use that slur is not "tone policing".

whatever you want to call it, your crazy version of “how come THEY get to say it” about a minority group and a reclaimed slur is super bizarre

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

i say swears online posted:

grandpa, are you just going to do the crossword the whole time i'm visiting?

S I L E N C E

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

xtal posted:

Being gay and using homophobic slurs is just perpetuating the cycle of abuse.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

virgil can determine by taste if the gamer girl who sold him the bath water is underage

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

an hour into Ep 2 of Hell of Presidents and Matt really just pronounced 'whetstone' WHEATstone smdh

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Dongicus posted:

cope casts

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Trillhouse posted:

my dad got invited to a scientology compound when he was in college in the 70s.

he realized it was a cult pretty quickly and asked them if he could leave. when they said no, he got scared and just ran full speed out of the building while they chased after him lol.

probably the appropriate action honestly.

dad left before the miracle happened. smdh.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

amber is a classic pickmeisha

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

i still unironically liked virgil's contributions to the show, i'm bummed he's most likely a pede/groomer. rip. i also loved the hooray show and bummed about sanz's past. but if they do a podcast/interview soon i would 100% listen lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Populon posted:

Free Larry, Imprison Bust Rodd

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

listening to Talking Simpsons w/ virgil and matt, virgil is one of those absolute creeps that pronounces "meta" as "MAY-tuh".

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

crepeface posted:

i feel like there was a better way than to ban just children from online game gaming but oh well.

china's moves recently are interesting. feels like a boomer's reaction to toxic western cultural phenomena.

another example of the leftist Xi participating in cancel culture

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Xaris posted:

no new Death/Corner for awhile, looks like MSJ is getting surgery (i hope it helps with his body problems). i was looking forward to his episode about ISIS-K because the dude's got a strong finger on the deep state pulse, but i guess i'll listen to the RWN instead

get well soon MSJ

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

crepeface posted:

having the standard fantasy about going back to a pivotal point in history with modern weapons except it's with 21st century insults and comebacks honed in public schoolyards and absolutely destroying the chump wannabe debaters and speechmakers in hell of presidents

you're telling me the 24th president used "Think hard, retard" as their campaign slogan? and won??

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

lmao when did janice soprano join antifa?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

TheMightyBoops posted:

All I can think of when I think of the New Yorker:

https://twitter.com/therealoj32/status/1318348497272238080?lang=en

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Quotey posted:

im liz warren in the background of that tweet

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Danger posted:

framing covid response as biden/trump or D/R is loving dumb and anyone who does that should absolutely feel ashamed of themselves

you'll get probed in the covid thread for saying this

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

hrafnsson, hrafn jónsson of the other :shrug:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

this mike duncan guy sounds like a real dumbass

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

lmfao

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

papa horny michael posted:

there's a better chance in nyc of someone who looks like adam being wealthy, or otherwise connected in a way that could help you. like say getting a call to not go in to work a certain morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Judakel posted:

why would he wish on his own hand?

lol