Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

KomradeX posted:

That one was also like 6 hours long. Call me crazy but most movie podcasts don't run 3 times the length of the movie. Bob and Henry need to focus or edit themselves more because this poo poo is absurd

?? 6 hour long movie critiques are a time honored tradition dating back to The Phantom Menace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

MikeCrotch posted:

Socrates even in his prime couldn't have stood up to Diogenes any day. I would bet my mortgage on Diogenes wiping the floor with him on the debate floor, stone cold lock

All Diogenes had was quips, best he could possibly do was make Socrates cry

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

wonder what would have happened if an illiterate farmer tried to live in a jar downtown and jack off in public

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Wolfsheim posted:

Man restaurants are so good

Just being brought food and drink while having a time with friends and loved ones, it was basically the only part of leaving my house that I missed during halfassed covid lockdown

If this is the ideological line in the sand then I'm sorry to say the capitalists are correct (it's not and the discourse is bad)
you can have a good time with friends while also serving yourself or waiting in line to be served

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Wolfsheim posted:

Not as good of one though

I disrespectfully disagree, waiters are nothing but a nuisance

edit: who still deserve a living wage and untill the 20% tips

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 03:15 on Jun 5, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

some plague rats posted:

Literally every organization on earth has traditions, if you want me out of bed on Sunday morning there'd be better be something on offer beyond a sip of wine and a lecture in a dead nerd language about how abortion is bad

well there's guilt which is something they have going for them over the Prots

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Varinn posted:

adult converts to catholicism should have their brains studied by scientists and never be allowed near microphones or cameras until we can figure out if its contagious

nah protestant to catholic conversions should be tolerated as a form of harm reduction

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I'm just glad most the TradWife chasers are attracted to Catholicism, let me enjoy my biannual Orthodox rituals (and associated bake sales) in peace

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

mark immune posted:

henry rollins, i think

no its the Lion from DARE

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

so does anyone here listen to the boring podcasts with no deniably racist jokes?

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 02:52 on Aug 10, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

Fall of civilizations
Tides of history

I feel like Fall of Civ sidestepped some of the controversial topics in the most recent episode on Petra, but otherwise it's a solid "put me to sleep" podcast.

If you like that topic check out Oldest Stories.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Xaris posted:

Blowback
Ghost Stories for End of the World
Citations Needed*
Revolutions
99% Invisible

e: missed the boring part of the equation. i guess CN and 99PI count as "boring normie podcasts without jokes"

Revolutions should have kept going until the Icepick

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

On a purely aesthetic level Yu-Gi-Oh cards blow Magic and Pokemon cards out of the water

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cloks posted:

the secret true anon project is a gourmande animated series aimed at the kindergarten set. a small but loud contingent of goons will insist it's for adults.

He does have what it takes to succeed in voice acting

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

V. Illych L. posted:

i think that media guy is jewish and was proposing some kind of mysticism rather than explicit adoption of dogmatic, organised religion. this is still silly, however, and could be avoided if the USA didn't collectively decide that kant was for nerds and that pure reason is actually great and can solve all your problems

If you had to pick, oganized religion is way better for political organizing than "mysticism"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Ukrainians are Balts now?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Shipon posted:

I'd have more sympathy with the anti-chapo people (I do not want to know a god drat thing about New York City thanks) if they weren't either just rival podcasters trying to grift themselves but less successfully, or being the most annoying anarchist and/or liberal wokescolds who do things like say the same obvious political observations multiple times in a row

at least matt will and felix make me laugh now and then, their haters are just annoying

that it's just dudes hanging out talking about whatever is enough to be anti-chapo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

in five years all podcasters will be dead, cancelled, or doing ASMR fetish content

Or sell outs like Mike Duncan

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

large breasts determining political views

The world is not ready for this conversation

Not every woman with large breasts goes on Fox news but every woman who goes on Fox news has large breasts

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Halloween Jack posted:

Why do people do kratom? From listening to podcasters who do kratom, the only thing I know about it is that it's a drug and that it tastes like poo poo. Is there some uniquely wonderful high you can only get from Kratom, The Drug That Tastes Like poo poo?

It's legal and won't kill you

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Revolutions Podcast recap: History doesn't have laws, anyway here's some laws of history I came up with

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

not quite, it's being a better friend than their partner

which makes any relationship where it happens really sad imo

Sad but more realistic and durable

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Breadallelogram posted:

allen ginsberg supported nambla and he was probably cia right?

What about Harry Hay? He was big into LCD during the MKUltra era

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

will they let me call in with hate mail?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

War and Pieces posted:

will they let me call in to Arthors podcast with hate mail?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

loling at the idea that russia wasn't a kleptocratic mafia state in 1997

They had applied enough costs if whitewash for Daily Show libs to take Obama's "reset" policy seriously in 2008.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Futanari Damacy posted:

Didn't realize this wasn't the same as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5HLn3eYLSo

love that this YouTuber has also got Century of the Self and Lincoln Park on the same channel

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

I've never seen the appeal of tcg, grew up with videogames that were too good I guess

I recommend checking out stardeus it's really good

a way for people with poor social skills to socialize irl

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

pro-tip: makerspaces, not only do you get to meet fellow Weirds you can also build a shelf or a 3d printed buttplug or whatever

they want $60 a month which granted is cheaper than magic or warhams but still esshh

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

C-Euro posted:

Just change the dang culture then, I dunno. There's more than one way to win that war, this is Civ not Starcraft.

I just don't think conservatives can be broadly appealing on a cultural level but smarter people than me have probably written a lot about that already.

It's possible but only if you're actually the underdog

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Fly Molo posted:

incredibly good episode. it’s heartwarming knowing even mao went through an anarchist phase, and I loved how he missed the boat in wuchang because he needed to borrow rubber boots before going. big goon energy lol

it’s decent to good overall, but I’ve had 3 complaints:
1) once Covid enters the scene, he starts going on about how oppressive the CCP and lockdowns are. he has entire episodes complaining about Covid lockdowns. I just skipped past them
2) same deal: in general he’s got America brain, and goes on tangents about how evil communism is. dumb but typical for podcasts.
3) he, like mike duncan and the age of napoleon guy, got mad that I poo poo-talked revolutions series 10 in the succ zone a while back
https://mobile.twitter.com/thocpodcast/status/1542526454180757504
His annual Tienimen Square thing would be imeserably improved by reading Chinese news bulletins from that day.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Gripweed posted:

Are there any actually good Warhammer lore videos guys? I remember hearing one completely misconstrue how the psychic power of a WAAAGH distorts reality, and that put me off the whole concept.

Occulus Imperia is really good, he does everything from an in-universe perspective and has a really arrogant yet exasperated tone befitting an Imperial scribe.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Was looking up bootleg Gundam reviews on YouTube and the guy spent half the video talking about how he was able to build he kits in a Philippine prison as a perk of being the cell blocks "mayor"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

G*rmania

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

Nah she was 100% right

Liz in her nerdphobia doesn't realize that everybody under 40, no matter what breakfast club clique they fit into, grew up commiting mass murder in GTA for fun.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

It's grim but no epidemic collapse means that there would be been enough locals to meet the demands for slave labor and less intensive to import enslaved people from Africa. Obviously this would have huge repercussions on Old World history too.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

hobbesmaster posted:

never mind that, you get questions like would Cortez have even succeeded in conquering Central America

Yes because divide and conquer works every time in every situation.

His descendents would be Aztecified within a few generations tho.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

RuneScape was better and I will not be going back to check

you could play RuneScape on the school computers

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Her Dryer posted:

I've been relistening to the History of Rome podcast and jesus the pace is unbelievable compared to the glacial crawl of the Russian Revolution series. Vercingetorix comes and goes in 15 minutes tops!

time moves faster back then just wait till you start getting into Sumerian history podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

quote:

a lifetime of firsthand research on the Something Awful forums