Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
jesus christ adam, what a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

This is good because it's a lazy way to own anyone

"Logged on to see you all still talking about the space movie/getting mad at politics/posting on an internet forum in 2019. Are you all ok"

Like it works in any situation

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1212875872602120193?s=19

the meta irony being this person keeps being recommended on my TL and is seemingly permanently mad at cumtown

I blame this thread for diluting their algorithm or whatever

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Why does every Chapo adjacent thread have a guy doing a weird meltdown today

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

It wasnt even an amber episode this time though

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Ape Fist posted:

Really loved tonight's Episode of Chapo Trap House where two guys quietly reminisced about how they used to be funny. I don't know who these two were and I'm sure they have a rich history of being very comedic and tickling a few funny bones but that was genuinely boring as gently caress.

They are filmmakers not comedians :confused:

Uncut gems is a very good movie btw

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

chapos are allowed a vanity episode once in a while, but I’m also allowed to think that particular episode is a I ♥️ NY starfucking borefest

I liked it (and I don't even live in the big apple! The city that never sleeps! The windy city!) but this probably should have been one of the bonus episodes

Also can't wait to hear Matt at stroke-inducing levels of rage over the hillary poo poo coming out today

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Doc Hawkins posted:

no, i mean, they're talking about kobe, and like, inspirational quotes of his, saying it was a particular tragedy because it was him

talking about a terrible crash that killed nine people, i totally get

I realize that at this point there are so many daily mass shootings the standard response is to make an offhand joke about gun laws and move on but in the before times if some prominent celebrity died people would conceivably remember and still think about it for five, maybe even six days later. Sometimes even a week!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Siljmonster posted:

If you die in a helicopter crash there's a 99% chance you weren't helping anyone else

What about all the troops who die in helicopter crashes because those big dual rotor helicopters are insanely unsafe??

Yeah that's what I thought checkmate lib

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Percelus posted:

amber is 100% right about successful pmcs looking down at their friends/family who aren't and thinking they did something wrong

they think people deserve to struggle economically for whatever loving insane perceived sins they might have done

Terminal protestantism poisoning

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

gh0stpinballa posted:

if bernie wins the prez then logically chapo should conclude no? seems like felix is already mostly checked out.

On some random recommendation I listened to the cumtown episode that they did just after hillary lost and nick mentioned that matt was freaking out about CTH being unable to continue because they would just end up being the daily show or some poo poo which is kinda funny in retrospect because all the best chapo bits are them attacking centrists

And there will be no shortage of angry democrats moving ever rightward when/if bernie wins

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Click the ilhan tweet and scroll up

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I enjoyed true anon's episode about helping each other out during the pandemic but I'm struggling to get on board with their "don't wish for boomer death" bit after the president unveiled his plan to have Walmart test you in the parking lot or some poo poo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Zas posted:

everyone on this forum spends so much time posting about left wing politics but what good has it done you? you don't know the first thing about solidarity

I apologize for insufficient posting praxis, zas

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

*performatively cackling at the idea of a large-breasted baby Rip Torn for several minutes straight*

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Really feeling trillbilly's newest ep with Tarence bouncing between "we need to start killing these people" and "I dont loving know I made masks for the hospital yesterday and it felt kind of good I guess what do you want from me"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Matt's the best one you weirdos

Hes the only one who can both carry an episode solo and also ruin an episode by shouting over everyone else, he is the alpha and omega

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it makes the whole tabletop rpg renaissance a lot funnier, tbh

say what you like about getting together to play pretend with your friends: it's a lot loving cheaper than anything else

There is nothing cheap about tabletop gaming and even if you torrent the $150 books or whatever its still a huge pain because you then have to print like 200 pages of poo poo at a minimum versus just torrenting PC games or whatever

Also you can't actually get together with your friends right now

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Percelus posted:

hot take - do androids dream of electric sheep is far superior to bladerunner, it's all style no substance with the cut parts like mercerism from the novel that give it subtext and depth

also death stranding is basically the empathy box, gj kojima

ridley scott is that gundam nerd missing the message meme

Yeah!

But the opposite of what you said, nerd

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Bladerunner: humans are dogshit. Androids are sexy perfect hardbodies that yearn for the lives we no longer find any joy in. Harrison Ford uses a nerd voice to unsuccessfully trick a lady. God tier

Androids dream of electric sheep: what if religion was VR and also fake. Robots are evil. Deckard's wife nags him that the emotion box is broken. Everyone is mentally disabled because of space poison or something. Yawn boo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

2049 had a better plot anyways

Okay assuming you remove all of the plot elements that connect it to the first one and its just a story about a lonely android who loves a VR girl that's almost true

But then jared leto rambles at an annoyed Harrison ford for 20 minutes and boy what a mess

It looks pretty though!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

For some reason my mind immediately associates tony scott with domino and the taking of pelham 123 remake which were absolutely garbage before anything good hes made

I didnt see the other Denzel train one

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

hello fellow anarcho-syndicalists,

Could I please get this in video form yelled from the drivers seat of a hot parked car tia

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Dmitri-9 posted:

"You need to apologies because your acquaintance has bad fans" is not a political position, it is something a crazy person would say.

This was literal the media coverage of bernie on rogan for like a month straight

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Is the orcs guy the same one who did the 'maybe you're the real racist if you see watto as a negative ethnic stereotype' posts or do podcast threads just attract a certain type

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

This is just projection tho

Projecting what

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao holy poo poo this podcast that did a review of cumtown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyqcAPcD34

"the hosts dont even introduce themselves"

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyqcAPcD34&t=1126s
and then the 3rd guy told a joke and the other 2 guys dont even laugh at it

Actually listening to this whole thing was kind of unbearable because of how unfunny the hosts were but the part where they premiere a soundboard of a guy saying "no poo poo sherlock" on repeat to own nick for not having a job was that kind of anti comedy that wraps back around to being extremely good

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I loved tool in high school and thought the fact that the main guy had a different band where he wears a stupid wig the whole time was the coolest loving thing ever

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

My friend, have you heard of Chris Gaines?

Also cool as hell, yes

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I didnt read that million word post but :laffo: at Lee Carter equating the death threats hes been sent by chuds with felix making the worlds most benign joke about gaming keyboards and calling it coordinated harassment

Meltdown may strikes down the just and unjust alike

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

What was the first 'literally every member of a gender does this hyper specific thing that happened to me in middle school' viral tweet that caused all the others to happen in the last few days

And are they even sorry for making twitter as unreadable as it has been

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like it when they get a new sponsor and the coupon code is something like CTOWN and then you never hear from them again

Thursday boots we hardly knew ye

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

pdog posted:

(because they’re all white)

Now you've done it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Exactly! I plan to benefit from Chapo divorcing the same way I benefitted from my parents divorcing.

Better yet, instead of breaking up entirely, Chapo should be the SNL of the left twitter podcast industry: it takes the brightest new talent and gives them a prominent space to shine in front of the audience, and everyone leaves after a few years because either they've built enough fame and experience to start their own projects or they've turned out not to have what it takes

no

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I actually do vaguely remember the clown pepe thing because people posted about it in cspam as another example of incomprehensible alt-right memes but it definitely started and ended over a year ago, and even for the month or so it was in its prime I cannot imagine trying to explain to someone the imminent threat of the honkler-to-breadpill pipeline and not coming across as severely mentally ill

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Is this guy a gimmick though

His angry tweeting seems less genuine and truly mentally ill than the honkler lady, a very halfhearted meltdown imo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

correction, the other ethical war movie would be one about a PFC buying a dodge charger at a 28% APR

I hate that I know this but the SCRA was actually supposed to prevent that

It also basically lets any soldier lease a car make one payment then just never answer his phone again and eventually leave it on a base parking lot a couple years later with no real legal penalty which is pretty funny

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

i haven't seen richard jewell but the macarena bit makes me want to

also feel like amber would be bad-faith cancelled for doing a misogyny by singling out olivia wilde as being bad before kind of faintly saying the thing about cops

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I tried to listen to the two sams podcast for like two weeks and it was just such a drag I couldn't get into it

They have catchy intro music though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Okay so all I know about liz bruenig is shes adjacent to leftist podcasters but people are mad at her because she said a guy shouldn't have sex with an octopus can I get some kind of explainer here