Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So I'd been playing this game for quite awhile and just could never parry melee attacks properly. I ended up resorting to just using blocks and dodges. Now I found out that there's actually a trick to parrying. Once I started doing this, I got much better at parrying and can do it fairly reliably now. I now share this trick in case anyone else here didn't know.

Unlike most games with a parrying mechanic, you don't just tap the block button. You have to tap and hold the button.

Why they decided to do it this way instead of the standard way is a mystery to me. It's not intuitive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I just replayed Fallen Order and the lack of fast travel just kept making me angrier and angrier the further into the game I got. Why did they leave out such a basic and important QoL feature? Going back to a planet to get something you missed, having to take half an hour to figure out how to get there and then another half hour just trying to figure out how to get back is not fun!

All they had to do was put in fast travel between bonfires. That's it! Fast travel would break or trivialize a specific gameplay sequence? Then disable fast travel for the duration of that sequence and then reenable it immediately afterward! This is not hard! gently caress!

The very first thing I did after completing the game was check to see if the new game would have fast travel. It would have been a 100% dealbreaker if it didn't. I just hope to god they fired whoever greenlit the sliding sequences. Those were not fun.

It will also be great if they've decided to not make chests be pointless this time around. If literally the only thing you're going to put in chests is cosmetic items then it would be better to just unlock all the cosmetics at the start of the game and leave out the chest system altogether.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The trophy doesn't require you to counterattack the thing with a kick. You don't have to time it or anything. Let one kick you and then kick it one time at literally any point before you kill it. It's a pretty easy trophy.

The trophy that was a true bitch was the one for killing three guys with one lightsaber throw. It took me forever to find three guys who would actually line up properly. :argh:

...! fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 19, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

I've been replaying this one and the whole Dark Side = Empire thing is getting to me.

"My mentor was tortured by Space Nazis into giving up my position, leading them to torture me in turn. She was morally wrong to give in to the despicable Space Nazis, therefore my only option was to become a Space Nazi in order to kill her"

I got the impression that there was an extreme amount of brainwashing involved. That's not something that could be overcome without some serious deprogramming. Trying to logic Trilla out of it or appeal to emotion had no chance of working. If anything, she's a victim.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Someone never played Cyberpunk 2077.

:wtf:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

PS3 :smug:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

WattsvilleBlues posted:

139.08GB on Xbox Series X
147.57GB on PS5

Is there much detail on the Deluxe and pre-order content?

God loving drat!

Did they do any optimization at all? Pretty sure that's the largest PS5 install size I've ever seen and I've seen some loving gigantic ones. There's no telling what I'm gonna have to delete to make room. :argh:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It's probably 100+ GB of cosmetics

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

I'm playing through Fallen Order again on PS5. It's just fun. You have a laser sword and you get to do Star Wars poo poo. The game is exactly as advertised. My only issues with it are no fast travel, one of the worst maps I've ever seen in a video game, and long elevator rides. I think most of those are being fixed in the sequel though.

The elevators in Fallen Order are just disguising load times, much like the elevators in Mass Effect and the room doors in Metroid Prime. The only real alternative to those elevators would have been for them to have a long "Now loading..." screen, which would arguably be even more annoying.

The PS5 version of this game shouldn't need them but I can't imagine the PS4 version not needing them. And since the game design would need to be the same for both systems, I can't imagine any version of this game not having something as frustratingly long as those elevator sequences.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

This is it for me but I bet it's too long lol

Fortunately you can now subscribe to SA Blue for $8 to enjoy 4,000 character thread titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Under ten minutes! :getin: