Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game is making me very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Look for me in the credits under Clan Rapier. :cheerdoge:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are those giant hideous beardo backer portraits all over the place in this? I feel like half the screenshots I’ve seen have them in there and it’s really ugly and jarring and way more of a turnoff than the 2.5D graphics stuff

there's more than I care to look at and a spell that uses them...need a kramer mod asap

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

At least you can kill most of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hollowheads unite.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess I’ll pick this up whenever they patch in an option to hide the upsetting omnipresent pedo paintings.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the actual game like to play. please tell me w ith as little irony as possible any1

It's more like SotN than any of the others, just a big castle filled with weird items and equipment. Though unlike SotN most of the weird stuff you find can be useful for most of the game. It plays just like other Castlevania games with a few twists like basic abilities that you can aim with the right stick. It being in 3D makes what the enemies are doing a little less clear sometimes, especially if you're using a weapon that has flashy elemental effects on it. Though there are some cool game mechanics that take advantage of it being in 3D.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i think its only the first song and it still sounds like a weird knockoff. everything else is just background noise, its really bad lol

I disagree, it's like half good fast paced stuff and half uninteresting. not really a cohesive soundtrack

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it works with greatswords so I assume it works with everything

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

actually I guess I just had high attack speed with greatsword for some reason but clubs, katanas, spears etc get cancelled when I land

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

anyway its a good game so far .. i think i can recommend it now (60fps). sure beats the poo poo out of dawn of sorrow anyway

I think it's middle of the road for me, not as good as order of ecclesia, aria of sorrow, circle of the moon and around as good as sotn and portrait of ruin but better than the rest. theres a few bosses I kind of hate

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Like AMG said you can unlock them with passwords but I think Hard is balanced around NG+ and Nightmare is a "no-leveling-up" run which doesn't sound very fun to me, combat in this game is fine but not so good as to support such a mode

hard is definitely fine on NG, yes I know this is coming from me but it's not a huge jump in difficulty. just new moves for the bosses and tougher enemy layouts. the first boss on nightmare does kind of suck imo but I'm not very far past that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Honestly after OoE the list is pretty even in how much I like them until you get to the few I don't like at all (dawn of sorrow and harmony of dissonance). I put Aria a little high in my mind because it was the 1st one I played and Circle of the Moon because it actually has some decent platforming in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1143647835008720896