Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I’m here for the bow lord who supposedly ends up riding a dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It’s going to bother me that only one word in the thread title is uncapitalized

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Did Claude go and stare straight into the reactor core or what

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

A fourth house doesn’t seem likely for all kinds of reasons, but at least it would only require eight new characters.

It would be hilarious if the game Three Houses ended up having four houses though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I would like the master-level classes to include a flying archer, an axe black mage, and a punchy-fist white mage.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Annath posted:

I'm gonna go whatever route allows me to marry the Empress.

This is all just an elaborate game of FMK.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Junpei posted:

Have Petra's, as well.

“Petra is the granddaughter of their king.”

Class: Commoner

Guess we know what the people of Fodlán think of foreigners...

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Junpei posted:

You know, that makes me wonder-if Petra's grandfather is the king, what's going on with her parents?

How do you imagine a monarchy works?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Feeling really good about my Golden Deer pick now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The Duchess Smackarse posted:

Can I gently caress a dragon and/or my sister???

Sothis might be a dragon, so there's still hope!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

https://youtu.be/aEbu8lyy-zc

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

For the record, Sothis and wyverns aside, there is definitely a full-blown giant white dragon in this game. It has appeared in trailers as both artwork and as a living, moving, fire-breathing thing, though we don’t know whether that’s in the present or in the ancient past.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

golden bubble posted:

Sounds like that confirms the leak for about four routes for the game:

• Blue Lions route
  • Golden Deer route
  • Black Eagles but you tell Edelgard she needs to be less tyrannical
  • Black Eagles but you tell Edelgard she needs to be more tyrannical

If they make a hidden, unlockable route that is not the golden ending but instead the one where you enable a tyrant to kill everyone else and then have to kill her, too... mad respect.

I wouldn’t mind a golden path, though. It would suck rear end if it were available at the start and there was just a clear correct choice to make. However, a central conceit of this game is that Byleth can see bad outcomes and then go back and fix them, and I think it would be neat if a New Game+ actually assimilated your first (successful) playthrough as a vision that Byleth was consciously using to steer things toward a better end.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I think cross-house supports have been seen in some of the support lists. I imagine all eight students in a house will support each other (and Byleth), and then they'll each have one or two supports in each of the other houses, so that they can always support with someone in your army.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

The silent bylett might be a counter thing to literally everyone else being voiced or something.

The cost of paying two voice actors to do one third of the dialogue in the whole game twice over probably factored in to their artistic decisions, yes.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

This is going to be decision paralysis: the game, and I am here for it

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I think we've seen Byleth's full class chart and there was nothing unique in it, but I'm still hoping that all four main characters have unique final classes gated by the time skip. It would be a real shame if Male Byleth had only one master class that specialized in swords. Also, for Claude, I had better get that wyvern archer class described in the leak, dammit!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The guy who's doing Polygon's review just confirmed on Reddit that males can be dancers, and that none of the unique classes appear on the certification board until after they are unlocked through story progress.

So I think among Master-level classes, we have Falcon Knight and Gremory as female-exclusive, with War Master as male-exclusive. I believe Dark Bishop is male-exclusive and also unique in the same way as Dancer—you can get special instruction in the class, but only once. It's unclear to me whether it's an Advanced- or Master-level class.

edit: heh

Zoran fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 17, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

You cannot get A supports before the time skip.

Byleth can not become a Dancer.

quote:

It feels like mounted units are way more powerful than they've been in previous games. The maps are a lot bigger and many of the top tier classes are mounted, almost like being mounted is a direct upgrade to non-mounted units. That said there are a few non-mounted top tier classes that crush in terms of stats and damage, like the magic-centric Gremory infantry class.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 17, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

Everyone's playing on normal mode, still waiting to see a week from now if anyone done with one route tries hard mode and see the changes.

It was kinda stark how different hard in SoV was, and I wonder if hard mode's solution to horse Calvary is just equipping more anti-horse weapons.

I really wonder whether enemy units use combat arts at all, and whether that is affected by difficulty.

cheetah7071 posted:

That was my reason for thinking that they only played birthright. They could also just be a person who doesn't think too hard about the story and just appreciates the spectacle

Yeah, I don't really read too much into it. I just think it's hilarious that this person picked the one comparison that was sure to send people into meltdowns.

edit: He elaborates:

Zoran fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 17, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

And this very thread sang the praises of the Fates gameplay for months

Conquest is very good!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

so apparently three houses broke street date in China, so maybe some spoilers might pop up soon. Who knows

No, it was a screenshot from a (Switch) friend of a reviewer in China showing the person had starting playing nine days ago, that’s all

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Someone posted the cutscene (probably from near the end of the school phase) where the school has its formal dance, and it features Claude winking at male Byleth and then taking him by the hand onto the dance floor. This game is such a gigantic tease

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Poison Strike exists in this game, at least on Hard. It's in one of the spoiler screenshots. I haven’t spotted it myself, but someone mentioned Seal Speed returning as well.

I would bet anything that the Death Knight is recruitable. He has a skill to boost weapon exp gain and a whole lot of random higher-level weapon ranks, even though he only wields a lance.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 20, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Endorph posted:

Claude isn't romanceable by either gender, lol

unless its a mistake.

Haha that owns if it’s true. They contradict it in the paragraph before the table, weirdly.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 20, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Here's the list of Master Class skills and requirements.

Dark Knight has dark magic access (and indeed also has Dark Magicfaire) for the first time ever.

Male Mortal Savants look gross. We knew this already, but it's still surprising to me that there's only one sword class open to men, and it’s a hybrid foot unit.

Bow Knights can have 1-6 bow range and canto, so if you field an entire army of them you may be able to win the game without ever leaving your units in enemy range again.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 20, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Obviously I’ll have to play it by ear once I actually get into the game, but I think I have my list of four cross-house recruits I’d like to get into the Golden Deer. Sylvain is the number one choice for his obvious synergies with Hilda and Leonie.

And for his sake, I might need to also grab someone like Ingrid because the poor dude strikes out with almost every woman in the game lmao

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Looks like it's finally time for actual no-poo poo story spoilers. The 4chan leaker posted a shot revealing someone's big secret.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

No confirmation on what they specialize in, although the odds-on favorites would be Authority, their respective default weapon types, and their respective movement types. Since Byleth's class is infantry, it might have a third specialization in something else; I would guess Faith, Byleth's hidden talent.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 22, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

Do we still not know what exactly NG+ carries over? If its character levels that would kind of suck because leveling is fun, but if it's, like, your ranks in weapons and magic so you can more easily swap classes or recruit characters, then cool.

No one's allowed to discuss that yet, and the one person who's leaking in spite of the NDA hasn’t beaten the game yet. He got past the timeskip this morning. Someone posted video of playing with low-level Golden Deer characters with their post-skip models, which I think was a mistake, but it indicates a possible “adult costumes” option in NG+.

My money's on being able to keep your renown (or the bonuses you’ve bought with your renown). Those bonuses have effects like doubling your class mastery rate, giving extra experience, and improving your teaching.

I want to know whether there's a lunatic mode.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 22, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Most of these are obvious, but where does Claude getting a wyvern come form? I never saw him as the "giant death lizard" sort. Have we ever had an archer wyvern rider before?

(On classes) Claude getting a wyvern is in the Thanibomb leak; he’s been shown in Wyvern Rider repeatedly in pre-release footage; and he has a strength in flying.

And no, I believe this would be only the second flying archer class ever after Kinshi Knight.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

The ROM has been dumped and posted to 4chan.

More on post-skip class mechanics: The unique lord classes supposedly have no requirements and are simply added to the characters' certifications after the skip. So, for instance, you won’t necessarily have to train Edelgard in Armor to use the class (although I assume that higher Armor ranks will have significant bonuses).

Zoran fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 22, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

4 Difficulties

Normal
Hard
Maddening
Infernal

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

MASSIVE SPOILERS related to late-game classes

By fusing with Sothis and awakening the progenitor god's power, [Byleth] obtained the certification for the Enlightened One class!

Edelgard accepted the Twin-Headed Eagle Heavy Armor that was delivered from the Empire and has obtained the certification for the Emperor class!

Dimitri accepted the Battle Gear of the King of Lions from Rodrigue and obtained the certification for the Great Lord class!

Claude accepted the Silk Dragon Armor from Nardel and obtained the certification for the Barbarossa class!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Funny test data from the text dump

quote:

Prototype
α scenario
Tutorial
Chapter 5: Dragon's Table
For videos
For screenshots
Fell Dragon test

Character change test
Unit battle test
For Kitaura's tests
For Erikawa's tests
For Shiojima's tests
For Kojima's tests
For Hisatomi's tests
For Kaga's tests
For Kiuchi's tests
Yoshida's test scenario

Hyrule Castle
Oyama's test scenario

Guess they made some prototypes based on Awakening and Zelda

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

lurksion posted:

poo poo's wild, especially since stuff is so out of context I'm basically :confused:

Yeah I’m watching the cutscenes (with no audio) and just going :tviv:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

I don't like it when they have 4 difficulties, cause wtf is above hard but not lunatic levels

If I were doing it, I’d probably make the Maddening difficulty harder on the strategic level: constraining your resources, slowing down your Professor Level and weapon rank gain, that kind of thing. And then Infernal would have Conquest-Lunatic-style tactical difficulty, with tight enemy formations and difficult skill setups.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tae posted:

Famitsu Cover for Three Houses (ignore the reality that you're horribly maiming a third of them)

and you're killing the rest!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Serenes Forest has the characters' spell lists, the class skills, and the class mastery skills datamined.

There are some interesting wrinkles in there. For instance, Lysithea only learns Dark Magic from her Reason ranks—no black magic at all. That means she gets nothing out of the two Warlock class skills, which are Black Tomefaire and Black Magic Uses x2. She's better off going through Bishop instead, unless you really want her to get the Warlock Mastery Skill (Bowbreaker).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Zore posted:

Does that mean she can't actually cast Reason spells until Gremory since Dark Mage and Dark Bishop are male only :psyduck:

Any class with magic access can cast every kind of magic.

Lysithea is just a pure magic nuke. This is her spell list:

Reason: Miasma Δ - Swarm Ζ - Luna Λ - Dark Spikes Τ - Hades Ω
All five are dark spells, which have various effects on the enemies.

Faith: Heal - Nosferatu - Seraphim - Warp - Abraxas
All but Heal and Warp are offensive light magic.

She's built to do one thing and do it very, very well.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 25, 2019