Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It occurred to me that we haven't seen much of Byleth's papa. I hope we get some father/daughter time and he doesn't become another Greil or Shiharam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Carlosologist posted:

Jeralt being like FE6 Karel orand Athos would also own

With how this game lets you be more free with weapon ranks and eschew traditional limits, let him do it all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So is that the secret identity of Flame Emperor or Death Knight?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Well you see when the boy ejects from his cockpit...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I didn't see anyone post these:

Gilbert
A Knight of Seiros who hails from the Holy Kingdom. He’s deeply faithful, and is a serious and polite person. He doesn’t show much emotion, and doesn’t talk about himself a lot. As such, it’s hard to know what he feels about things, but supposedly he’s fond of fishing and cooking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jAhtJItK4

quote:

“Nice to meet you, teacher. My name is Gilbert, and I shall be accompanying you on this assignment. While I do not know how much of a help I may be, I shall do all that I can to help you.”

>Aren’t you being a bit too stiff?

>Nice to work with you.

“I apologize, but that’s just how I am.”

Shamir

Shamir is a master at the bow, previously part of the Knights of Seiros. She was once a mercenary, but she became a knight in order to pay back a debt to Rhea (Church of Seiros’ High Priestess). Among the knights, she’s a rare non-believer of Seiros’ teachings, but she is completely loyal to Rhea personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSAMWiFRJk

quote:

Shamir: “I see you wandering the halls of the Monastery almost every day. If you’re looking for something, you should do a better job at it.”

Protagonist’s response:

“Been thinking about the enemy’s objective.”
“I’m not looking for anything.”

Shamir: “Then I suppose that’s fine. Well, it has nothing to do with me, but I eliminate those who get too close. It’s my job.”

I like Shamir a lot.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hey, apparently Cyril is recruitable. Yay, maybe we won't have to kill him after all?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Endorph posted:

You could just have different dialogue for pre/post-timeskip. The cast here seems way smaller than Fates/Awakening which reduces the amount of supports needed by a lot, so you could use that same workload to have alternative supports for pre/post-timeskip.

The Kotaku article mentioned that one of the supports she did post-skip referred to someone who died during the skip as if they were alive, so this may not be the case, or at least not done evenly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkVA8GlMgE

Someone noticed that at 2:57 in this intro cutscene, you can see modern skyscrapers for just under a second. Probably nothing relevant and just touching on the time travel aspect of the story, but an interesting detail.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Wait, can males be dancers?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I am all in on making Raphael my dancer. This is all that matters now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

General Morden posted:

that looks worse

The socks don't work, imo. Also the gloves are weird but that may just be me not being hip to fashion trends.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Dancer Raphael is so loving valid.

Hell yes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

A good question. I was also curious if someone who learns magic goes into a non-magic class, do they lose access to their spells?

My understanding is only spell casting classes can cast magic, but does being in a class give you that class's spell list or do you have to be a certain level to unlock them or do you have to study for them?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Do we still not know what exactly NG+ carries over? If its character levels that would kind of suck because leveling is fun, but if it's, like, your ranks in weapons and magic so you can more easily swap classes or recruit characters, then cool.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I still don't think FBlyleth's stockings looked good but watching some of these streams they seem easy to not notice while the game is in action so if they bother you, you'll probably tune them out when the game is under way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Anyone watching streams know one that isn't being streamed by someone lovely? First one I found named F!Byleth "Thot" which tells me all I need to know about him and the next one said he picked his house because it wasn't "full of [homophobic slur]s."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Tbh the game isnt going to be Awakening

Good.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

What kind of a fuckin name is Byleth

Jeralt is deep into demonology.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That's some buuuuuuuuullshit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Avalerion posted:

If so that honestly makes it all the more baffling as to why.

Like that bait and switch is so abrupt, from the sounds of it, that I wonder if writing the support and writing the ending were split between two people who had very different ideas about that relationship.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

was that avatar buyer mad about...endorph being positive about this game??? I can't make heads for tails of it. what's the point of buying a red text avatar (or essentially red text in this case) if it's just incomprehensible

I didn't notice until you mentioned it and... yeah, what?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So if I make Raphael my dancer he will have a basic level of dancer-esque stats even if he spent all his time as a heavy armor?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

I actually don’t have anyone doubling out of the gate, at least in the Blue Lions.

Put anyone who doesn't double in the fourth house, aka the bench. The failhouse.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Amppelix posted:

This is every character early on thanks to the way weapon weight works out, that's not a very viable strategy

How does it work? Is it FE4 where it applies no matter what? PoR where strength reduces it? Something else?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That's... huh. Well, that kind of explains the armor skill that reduces weapon weight by 5.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

When poaching a character from another house says they like a high stat and a skill, how high is "high?" Over 20? 30? C rank? B?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Do adjutants get support points? That would simplify my trying to get points with Benadette.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

rannum posted:

It's really weird when even the other professors, who all refer to each other by name, refer to you as Professor.

None of them were listening when you were introduced and now they are too embarassed to ask.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So do battle quests like "Banish the Bandits" expire like paralogues? I am at a point where I am on the last day of this particular month, I want to do Ingrid and Dorothea's paralogue, but I also have this quest and I'm not sure if it'll expire at the end of the month or keep going until I get around to it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I... don't know what that is.

In the Tales system, you get Grade, which is points to reward you for doing well, mostly in fights. When you NG+, you spend grade to add modifiers or carry over certain bonuses to the new game. It varies by game, but carrying over stuff like your unlocked titles (which give stat bonuses in some games) or weapons, or enhancing gold and xp drops, etc.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

I love you Bernadetta you complete disaster of a human being.

Hearing her talk about her dad's "training" was :stare:

Harrow posted:

That makes sense--I'll keep promoting ASAP, then.

Out of curiosity, can you use master arts in any class or just the abilities? It looks like Myrmidon gets Swap, for example, which could be fun to play with.

I wonder if class XP ever comes faster. Like I can think of a bunch of units I'd love Deathblow on who I wouldn't necessarily want to use as a Brigand for very long.

If you get an art for a mastery, it can go on almost any class unless that class is specifically barred from something tied to that mastery. Like I don't think you can put Fistfaire on a Holy Knight because they can't use fist weapons.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

RoyalScion posted:

Ingrid isn’t doing that bad parents wise.

I haven't finished her stuff, but it does seem like Dad at least is willing to listen to her based on his paralogue.

Also Lorenz seems to have a reasonable father. A very busy and civically-conscious one, perhaps.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Same, I weirdly enjoy the mechanics of the fishing minigame. It's super satisfying.

I am salty that after fishing 50 times and getting all these five star fish in the fishing tournament, I cannot actually give them away as gifts.

I have 49 trophy fishes perfectly preserved in my pocket at all times. Teach isn't taciturn because of he's secretly a dragon robot or whatever, he's just bitter about being too good at fishing and being buried in fish.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh what the gently caress. I have been playing this game for 30 hours at this point and just by accident discovered fast travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I am just popping back in to say this music is super infectious. I am playing it in my head a lot.