Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

They have lines when they level up and stuff so I imagine they'll have lines in supports.

I think I'll go blue just to see Dimitri's wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Both sides having pair-up could have worked if Nohr and Hoshido were actually equals who were both fighting for people they love. But.

Nohr is some kind of blighted sunless hellscape for presumably dragon related reasons, You probably need really great teamwork to make a super power out of that kinda shithole!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

its easy to make it a superpower when its literally the only other country on earth

I think somebody said that opera house place were that Certainly Not Azura person tried to dance Garon to death at was the capital of a neutral/Nohr friendly country. That Nohr then tried to purge a bit. Ninja hell I think was its own place, and Scarlett was from some subjugated nation I think.

I feel like there were actually a lot of countries mentioned in Fates that just kinda fell under the banner of Nohr or Hoshido for one reason or another.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Aha, so the supposed 4th route is getting Hufflepuff to admit their actually Slytherin then?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm so glad the Teachers have real support lists.

E: Also messed up that you can S support the pope but not marry her or something? In general Rhea and Sothis seem kinda weird. From the lack of her and Sothis' supports with any others it kinda comes off like they're npcs rather than actual units. Which is interesting.

Awakening had a good few characters that only had Supports with Robin. Samurai girl, the Khans and the villain recruits. Could be something similar.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm getting a lot of real weak level ups but the growths in this game seem on the low end so maybe that's intentional. Annette and Mercedes consistently have their poo poo together so there's that at any rate, and all whoopty Dedue needs is to go stand out there and let the waves break upon him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Annath posted:

Questions:

Does finding lost items require a unit to tell you they've lost something? Or what? Dorothea told me she lost a shirt, and Caspar made some quip about how this cloth he found made a great sweat rag, but I didn't acquire any item to return. Was that just coincidence?

How do Byleth's skills increase? If you can apparently recruit everyone, I intend to try, but I have no idea how Byleth gets better other than changing between classes which I can't do yet (I just finished the Ch. 1 or 2 Mock Battle thing)

That one got me pretty good for a moment becuase I ran back to Casper after Dorothea mentioned it and Byleth gave out a "..." so I thought I was on to something but it turns out their just really stone cold.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ashe, buddy, I like you okay but you have had 4 bum levels in a row, your not even gaining loving speed. I can just buy keys if I want, to so I'mma need you to pull up on level 6 or it's the loving bench for you mister!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Dedue and Felix C support actually felt tense enough I expected violence, I dig some of these supports.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So does choosing other houses change up your missions at all? I picked Blue Lions and about half my jobs seem to be trekking up to Fearghus for one thing or another. only on month 5 I think?

Yes I know about the Time skip, I'm just curious about the monastery stuff.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, it's chapter 6 for me now and I've only poached Cyril from the students and faculty. Should I be working harder at this and is there anyone out I should be trying to scoop up as a superior Blue Lions player?

Also Cyril has leveled 3 times, and Mr. Aptitude gotten 3 Luck and a single point of Dex, Res and Cha each. I am kinda losing my mind about furiously hard some of my dudes are lagging compared to others.

Also Ye Olde Medieval Illustration Stag, NOOOOO!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dimitri is a monster truck that walks like a man.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Leal posted:

Three Houses: neglecting my student's request to grow closer so I don't miss out on their motivation filling back up.

Playing hard to get raises the GPA, alert the board of education.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think one of the things that bothers me about my stat ups isn't so much any of my characters are becoming unusable, Dedue has had least 7 twofer level ups but pity stats from class change and his personal skill render him perfectly capable of walking up and baiting the none mages into running into his fist, but that when someone from another house is invited in or is in a paralogue they'll have a stat total that meets or usually exceeds people with 3 levels and probably some ability buffs on them.

It doesn't even particularly matter because I mop the enemy up easily enough just the same, it just rubs salt in my 1 LUCK 1 DEX wounds.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

My stat ups have been so loving painful. I'm starting to wonder if you could use the rewind as a way to reroll levels

I keep doing this thing where I tell myself I'll soft reset or something if the level ups are a wave of disappointment but then Dimitri or Ingrid or Mercedes will pull another 5 to 6 in all the right places at the start and everyone else after rolls snake eyes and I sigh and keep shoring up my monster units.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jesus, I haven't figured out why yet, but Felix sure has a lot of anger towards Dimitri.

Dimitri: Hello Felix, how are you-
Felix: gently caress you forever!

I'm only around chapter 7 or so but between Felix's C supports with Dimitri and Dedue and a few suggestions about history how their families interacted I'm think I have an inkling of the source of Felix's utter contempt for Dimitri and general less then social nature.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is there ever a really good time to take a seminar?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
These Professor ranks are getting to feel a little steep, like 7500 to move on to B+,. I've leveled it every once every month until now but It might start slacking off unless the Xp comes in fat.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm trying to picture how Blythe's lectures actually go seeing as being a wee bit of an ice cold murderbot that barely talks and has no history they can confirm is something that people not only notice but will occasionally admit to being actively creeped out by.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

JBP posted:

I feel like I should have played on hard. Is the game going to catch up to me on levels or what? The professor is invincible, as is Leonie the paladin knight from hell. The rest of the crew can die but they're mages and also nothing ever threatens them because if the blenders out front.

Yeah doing the para missions plus the odd quest/monster hunt has put my average level of my units miles ahead of where the plot thinks it should be.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Finished January or whatever weird phase of the moon the fodies call it. Whole hell of a lot of plot going on and excited and all but uh... Byleths new class is silly looking with that giant rear end collar, bet that poo poo was Rhea's idea too. Silly pope lady.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It looks like the school phase is about to end, I guess I should pull out a guide or something and I figure out who owns what in this mighty page of everyone's garbage I've collected.

I liked that time I took one of Seteths pens right off his desk while he was 3 feet away, gave it to him, and then he thanked for finding it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gauntlets are stupid when your playing Blue Lions and most of the house is a bunch of jocks. My Dedue had almost never had more than 3 points a level but he kept putting them into STR, HP and DEF so slap some knuckles on him and he single handedly murder the entire map unless a wizard happens to fart in his direction. And then there's Felix who right out of the gate throws 5 damage onto every hit if he doesn't have a battalion and tends to be fast as hell so he can murder about anything in arms reach.

Even Annette had been getting weirdly high strength growth for me, she a score of 14 at level 16 before she dropped the habit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I dislike how many maps get reused in paralogues, Like I think I've been in this walled town map like a dozen times already.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

JBP posted:

I love it when they tell the professor how rich in gravitas and charisma he is.

I mean if you tea time correctly the Professor will have charm rocketing out every orifice. I'm up to like 42 and I ain't even done with the Blue Lions route yet.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

Charm is the most useless stat and I hate it

I have had so many unlikely Cha/Luck only level ups that it causes me physical pain and I deeply resent it's existence. But hey, the Professor usually has least 10 more of it then anyone else.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bernie seems like she would have alot of really great supports but I'm really loving her Felix interactions, and her support with Seteth is really cute.

Minor side note, can you get Seteth on any route because he is just the biggest murder machine in my army and I haven't even had to put boosters on him.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All right I'm finished up Blue Lions Chapter 17 just now and can someone clarify for me what exactly Claude was trying to pull by NOT just teaming up with us to kill Edelgard? I had to murder all the Yellow Deer except for like him and Hilda and that felt bad! :mad:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

I’m wondering if I have to upgrade all my Advanced to Master. Like I can’t see what naturally improves from assassin and a lot of the Master classes are mounted units. Risk of becoming a bit homogenous?

Gremory is huge mark up for a lot of caster women just since it has extra move and they fly more in the animations, and for some reason peggy knights have to skip the advanced category all together if they aren't up to learning axe murder just to drop it again for sword and spear.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

inthesto posted:

He's pretty consistently angry at no one and lashes out at everyone. But his supports with Dimitri, Sylvain, and Ingrid never actually dig into what the guy wants. He just gets moody and other people say "deep down inside you want to protect people" which I think is an incredibly weak copout.

Felix is a big Tsundere.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I I finished Blue Lions 19 and it's gonna make me feel a little bad to start up another house because I don't think my boy Demetri will be alright without the Professor around.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Rhea can also teach you how to fistfight and I really want to see her in action, brawling.

Every Pope has to be trained to fist fight in case Ezio Auditore shows up.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I finished the Blue Lions and am gearing up for a Golden Deer run since I've been a useless sack of poo poo this week and don't intend to stop now. I feel they were building up to some poo poo with Dimitri's step mom that never came up? The tragedy at Duscar is like this huge formative event for the kingdom, Dimitri and most of the class but besides finding out the queen was in on it you never actually solve the case and that kind of bothers me, not in the least because it was probably those pasty evil looking doppelgangers that were behind it and they never came up again. I think that Cornela was one because some people mentioned she was a bit different back when she first got her appointment in Fearghus but hell if I know.

For that matter I never actually found out what in the hell was the professor's deal with Rhea and Sothis was exactly. Like I can infer some of it pretty well especially since I decided to make Sothis my S rank because I missed her and she drops an interesting detail offhand but the B support with Seteth was all about him acting like it's a big old bombshell you won't believe better wait till you can hear it from the pope's mouth and then she's never actually on camera again post time skip so nothing doing. I do appreciate that you get to save Dimitri from his massive survivors guilt and PTSD, And it was sweet at the end when he really did try to save Edelgard, but I guess she's a pretty sore loser.

Last map wasn't too bad on hard outside of clearing the last rooms big fat pile of mobs that could poo poo enough damage that only Blythe had enough of both Def and Res to tank them into position for a good gambit loving. Edelgard herself was like strangely unthreatening for who can snipe twice per turn at anyone on the map, in no small part because she's always waste one on Dimitri who'd take 0 damage even if she did make 30% hit chance.

I appreciated the ending briefs for all the characters were a bit more fleshed out then they used to be, even if they aren't exactly huge.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zore posted:

That only applies to people without any crest. If they have a crest, even the wrong one, it won't do that.

no gods no masters, Edelgard 2020

Edelgard seems to want to be a Master though?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
You can repair any weapon in the game really, even if it hits zero uses you still have it even if you should switch to a back up real quick. the appropriate material might not be readily available though, Wootz Steel.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Quote is not edit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I was actually checking Serenes and the stat caps list because I don't think I ever hit one and their a bit nuts? I mean how would you even drag Dimitri up to 87 strength?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

even on the Golden Deer route Claude had trouble keeping the alliance from splitting between pro and anti-imperial factions before Byleth returns, yet in the other routes I’m assuming he somehow gets it together enough to retake the bridge and show up for chapter 17

Well, in Blue Lions at least Claude does not take the bridge, you and the kingdom do after murdering Ferdinand and Lorenz and some empire lady I know nothing about along the way after having received Claude's(or at least House Rigans) permission to cross their lands to do so. There was some initial hope that the Dimitri's forces and the Alliance could... ally against that were dashed when the delegation of knights Gilbert sent out were found dead. No idea if Claude actually did this at least but he does traipse across the bridge after you to participate in the Great Gronder Kerfuffle where he is fighting against you.

But he also tried to convince you to stop fighting him and unite against Edelgard which sounded fine but nobody wanted to trust him and I had to kill most of the golden deer for unclear reasons and was not terribly happy about it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
S+ ranking horse riding and armor for the type nullification seems incredibly underwhelming when barely any of the opposition ever uses slayers or maces or what have you in the first place. I think I only randomly bumbled a armor unit into someone with a hammer once, and that was Dedue so he still handily tanked it with his massive HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow, Byleth's unique class is ugly.

I got used to it after awhile, and could even kinda dig the fighting pope look. I never really got around to liking the collar though.