Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Wait, Byleth's a silent protagonist? I think I missed that in all the other info up to now, and now I'm wondering how that's gonna work with supports.

Looking forward to playing this, though, probably gonna go Eagles -> Lions -> Deer, then circle back around for a second Eagles run if the leak's mention of it having its own internal route split is true.

Shiny777 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The army of armors I build will wash over the continent and its cavalry like a tidal wave filmed in extreme slow motion.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The Duchess Smackarse posted:

Can I gently caress a dragon and/or my sister???

Your sister, no, because it doesn't look like you have any. A dragon, almost certainly unless they pull the most shocking twist possible by having the little green-haired girl with elf ears not be a Manakete.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Zyxyz posted:

Come to think of it, was it ever actually confirmed anywhere that Sothis and Rhea are the two spoilery wlw romance options mentioned by leaks/reviewers, or is that just speculation being repeated as fact?

As far as I know, it's not confirmed, but they're about the only possibilities left among the known cast so far.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder how easy it is to mess up the school stage of the game and not manage to recruit someone from another house and ruin the units that you do have.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was fairly easy to miss out on out-of-house recruits if you spread yourself too thin or something since it's sounding like one or two tops is about all you can manage to grab. I'd assume ruining your entire house'd probably take either incredibly bad luck with blind experimentation or a deliberate effort to pick every subject wrong, though.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I was hoping to try and poach Hilda for the Eagles because Axe Armor Serra is great and the best thing the Golden Deer have going for them, but since she's apparently their loyalist I dunno. Maybe Lysithea? Probably just whoever I take a liking to and/or lines up neatly with how I end up building Byleth once I start playing.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Endorph posted:

Claude isn't romanceable by either gender, lol

unless its a mistake.

The big chart says he can S support with F Byleth. Guessing they just screwed up with the small chart since Dimitri's also not on it but is also listed as romanceable by F Byleth on the bigger one.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I haven't gone deep into reading absolutely everything and missed out on the cutscene dump, but looking at the endings, so 8 same-sex S support options, and two of them give no ending, two end platonically, and one's kinda ambiguous. Really? Basically everything I'm hearing about the rest of the game is sounding great so them fumbling these isn't like, a game-ruiner or anything, and maybe the execution'll redeem it, but right now I'm facepalming hard and wondering how IS managed to gently caress this up.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Avalerion posted:

Has any place compiled all the leaks or is it still just random vids and snippets, everyone being so considerate when I actually wanna get spoiled dammit. :argh:

No single compilation yet as far as I know, but here's the stuff I've got links to:

Two text dumps and some of the cutscenes

https://pastebin.com/dXtyrvkB
https://pastebin.com/QiFxU3Da
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiEsb0b7WB-L-dLJwSBgvHQ

Dumps for the story and supports apparently exist, but I'm not seeing links to them anywhere and skimming/ctrl+f-ing for relevant bits is about the most I'm willing to engage with 4chan for this stuff.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tae posted:

Hilda's the only exception, and only if you're a guy apparently.

Oh goddammit, first she's not poachable, then she is with decisions, then that's only with MByleth? IS, c'mon. Just let me have my armored axe Serra.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Zane posted:

i haven't read anything about this edelgard business. what i have read is that sothis is a super incest romance through some incredibly convoluted metaphysics.

So is Rhea, as I understand things.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Junpei posted:

Golden Deer seems, to me, to be the most 'optimized' for endgame. Lorenz's strengths are perfect for Dark Knight, Marianne's for Holy Knight, Lysithea's for either Gremory or (if you develop her Sword Hidden Talent) Mortal Savant, Leonie's for Bow Knight, and Raphael's for War Master. Ignoring Claude, that just leaves Ignatz and Hilda as a little floudering.

Hilda's got strengths in axes and heavy armor, that's 2/3 of Great Knight, and Ignatz has sword and reason for Mortal Savant. So yeah, Deer crew looks pretty set across the board for Master Classes. Most of the students in the other two seem to either have strengths (counting hidden talents as strengths) that map perfectly to one master class or one missing requirement that's only neutral, though, so it doesn't really look like an overwhelming lead on their part unless the pace of rank increases make the difference between 3 relevant strengths v.s. 2 and a neutral huge in practice.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Should be about 20 hours from now, if they unlock it at midnight EST like usual.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The Duchess Smackarse posted:

Have they confirmed dragon loving yet

There are four dragons to potentially romance, though Sothis is the only one available on every route.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Nanigans posted:

Mehhhh

So how does it work with commoner characters? Do they just not have any special skills?

Commoners (mostly) don't have crests, though not all the nobles have them either. Think that's the only real difference.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Your Computer posted:

does merging with Sothis technically make you the Goddess and if so does that mean Mercedes is technically worshiping you

e: asking for a friend

Effectively yes but at least on BE and GD no one seems to really care about the theological implications of their robot professor suddenly being a deity very much.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Calico Heart posted:

IMO "Let me paint you a picture!" is the best Crit quote. Goofy and badass.

Weird theory on Genderlocking:

Did they just... design costumes for certain classes first (War Master, Gremory), fall in love with them and then refuse to make an "alternate gender" version of them? Maybe they couldn't conceive of another design for the War Master and figured it would show too much skin for the ladies???

For real no Dark Bishop Lysthea is insanely dumb though.

EDIT: I also loving hate that my fantastic lady Byleth in the fabulous wizard dress isn't allowed to punch anyone

I think they definitely planned for War Master at least to not be locked, because on BL one map has a female War Master among the green units. She has the portrait/sprite/battle model of a much lower tier sword class -not sure offhand whether it's Myrm or Merc- but she's there, functioning just fine and taunting Hilda with the +20 crit the game won't allow her to have.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Whether it's technically falsetto or an attempt to mimic the JP voice or whatever, she definitely does nail that "still working on voice and going too high" sound.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Not only were basically all the maps gimmick maps, but for almost all of them the gimmick was just a new take on "unless your team is all fliers your inevitable victory is gonna take about 20 more turns than it reasonably should" rather than even managing to be a sort of interesting kind of lovely like Conquest's parade of gimmick maps were.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Not true! VW has one available from a chest without any use of online functions required.

Unfortunately that chest is about halfway through the final map.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Main story'll probably end with your core team somewhere in the mid-30s to low/mid 40s range, depending on how many paralogues you do. If you're really thorough, a couple of your absolute best shitwreckers might just barely reach 50 by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Blaziken386 posted:

(my hot take is that Lorenz is a better fit for the sub-commander role, and they should've made him locked to golden deer. Mostly because thyrsus is a little bit too powerful for the game to let you have it in every single route.)

Alternately, keep Thyrsus available in every route but just tie it to Lysithea instead because we all know it's really her relic.