Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

We know it's possible to pull students from other armies into ours, but is it possible for students to leave? I know Mercedes is originally from Black Eagleland despite being a Blue Lion, and it makes me wonder if Edelgard or someone else will have a way to bring her back to her homeland somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

I'll bet that there's a point where the three armies combine and that's what that logo is for. Mix the three colors together enough, and eventually you get gray...

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

rannum posted:

the year will be 2026 and people will be handwringing over the new FE being a fates

Fire Emblem Fates 2: This Time We Actually Named the Continent

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Notty posted:

You can punch a horse, but you can’t punch ON a horse.

Infantry superiority confirmed.

This guy. This guy gets it.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Tae posted:

Did he do something bad in real life

The post above you has a link to a Tumblr post with more info (though the first "Continue reading" doesn't work anymore) but tl;dr he's abusive, manipulative, and sexually coercive and has been for many, many years.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Caidin posted:

I think somebody said that opera house place were that Certainly Not Azura person tried to dance Garon to death at was the capital of a neutral/Nohr friendly country. That Nohr then tried to purge a bit. Ninja hell I think was its own place, and Scarlett was from some subjugated nation I think.

I feel like there were actually a lot of countries mentioned in Fates that just kinda fell under the banner of Nohr or Hoshido for one reason or another.

See, one of the numerous problems Fates had was that it totally glossed over worldbuilding for countries not named "Hoshido", "Nohr", or "Valla". They didn't even give a name to the continent it takes place on...

That said, there's those three, plus the island the Rainbow Sage lives on, and I think the place Izana came from was its own country also?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Terper posted:

Yeah but the problem is not the quality of his acting but his character

This. I still want to get the game and do my best to enjoy it, but... yikes. I hope they at least recast him by the time Byleth inevitably makes it to Smash.

e: He apparently broke his non-disclosure agreement over it, but the game comes out Friday so :shrug:

Wes Warhammer fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 22, 2019

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

he broke his NDA? i thought we all learned about this from the feh dataminers getting m!byleth's data, but still it sucks

Yeah, he bragged about it at some point before E3. This post from the woman he told goes into more detail, about this and a lot of Niosi's other behaviors.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Zoran posted:

Post-timeskip mechanical spoilers:

All four lords do get unique classes. Edelgard has Armored Lord (with armor movement, boo!) and Byleth gets a special infantry class with a name that might be extra spoilery. It seems fairly obvious that Dmitri will have a horse and that Claude will indeed ride a wyvern.

Is the class really called "Armored Lord"? I'd almost have expected something a little less generic-sounding (like "Empress" or something), not just for her but for each of the house leaders.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Oh god, Lorenz looks even creepier post-timeskip :barf:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Terper posted:

Yeah, but has Mercedes taken a life??

Are you implying that she hasn't?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Forgive me if this was answered at some point (I've been avoiding the thread so as to not get spoiled), but is the Prayer Ring glitched? I'm doing Ingrid's paralogue, got the Prayer Ring from a chest and gave it to Felix but it does nothing for him. Dedue has been getting healed every turn instead despite not having that ring or any other form of self-healing. :psyduck:

e: Never mind, I forgot you have to actually equip it :downs:

Wes Warhammer fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 30, 2019

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Is there any child in this school who has a parent who is both alive and not terrible?

I would say Sylvain, but his older brother did get disowned for not having a crest, so...

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

Not a problem if you picked Xavier.

I know you mean Professor X but my mind immediately went to Xavier: Renegade Angel and that's a funnier mental image

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The counselor at Garreg Mach deserves the best compensation imaginable given the entire student body

See, now I want a spin-off game from the perspective of a counselor at this hell school.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Is there a reward for keeping all of the villagers alive in Felix's paralogue? I'm having a hell of a time with doing so, especially when the one exit for them is deep in enemy territory :argh:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

there is a reward and it's really loving good.

a shield that gives 6 def and 3 res, and has a chance to cut damage taken in half if the user has a fraldarius crest, i.e. felix.

Hmm. I'll come back to his paralogue once I'm at a higher level, because I don't want to miss out on that.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

I forged an Iron Bow into a Killer Bow and it's made Ashe into an absolute monster :stare: I was totally unprepared for the Death Knight popping up in Chapter 8 and only had him near where that was, but he was still able to one-shot one of the underlings and take his fancy lance.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Chapter 9: When you select a student from the Gatekeeper's list and it says that student came to mind, does that mean they're guaranteed to show up in the Goddess Tower scene?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I see a lot of complaints about Lorentz but where are the Sylvain complains? You're all biased to pretty boys.

With Sylvain, (spoilers for his B support with Mercedes) he's doing it to actively make himself as unappealing as possible because his whole life, people have wanted him only for his crest. That said, I don't give him that much of a pass given you find him in the midst of arguing with a girl he cheated on in a different support.

Also

Andrast posted:

It's not like you are going to use those units anyway.

The story works better if you are fighting people who aren't just nameless monks imo

I'm not to the time skip yet, but one of the reasons I haven't bothered busting my rear end to get everyone is exactly this. I'm fine with just the two that I got.

Wes Warhammer fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 2, 2019

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

lol (Chapter 12 Golden Deer) Edelgard decides to make her march towards Rhea in the very center of the map. In comes some random NPC archer who crits her twice with a 2% chance and brings her down to 1 health.

Definitely would have killed her, too, if it hadn't been a rando npc doing the attacking.

Clearly the 3-13 Archer went on vacation to Fódlan after Radiant Dawn :v:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

(Manuela/Hanneman paralogue) This whole time I was thinking that Manuela and Hanneman just happened to be the only teachers that Byleth actually met. But the three of them are really the only professors in the entire academy...? :raise:

I'll also vouch for Serenes Forest being a fantastic place for Fire Emblem info, I've been browsing it for years.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Finally got around to beating Felix's paralogue. I'm still not convinced it actually is possible to save all the villagers, specifically the one that starts by the exit and makes a run for it only to get incinerated by the mage blocking it. As cool as the reward for doing so sounds, I'll just have to do without it...

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

do you have anyone with physic? it really comes in handy for keeping npcs alive.

I have Mercedes, but I don't think Physic would have saved this particular guy (because between the mage and another guy right there with a sword, he would die in one turn) unless I spammed Stride to get a bunch of my units to the exit and clear it out before the villager got there.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

waah posted:

Also, let's go full on synergy/corporate sell out and remake fire emblem 3 houses, but with the casts of Persona 3/4/5.

You'd all buy it.

but who would be the church equivalent :thunk:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

e:f;b

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

One mechanical change I'm not crazy about in this game is the return of weapon weight without a stat that offsets it (the weight reduction skills don't count). It feels like I get doubled way more often in this game than in any other Fire Emblem, even with some of my speedier units.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

Strength offsets it at a rate of 4 points of strength for 1 weapon weight. And honestly, I like it a lot. Not automatically doubling every enemy is good.

Dr Pepper posted:

STR/5 reduces weight.

So if a unit has 10 STR they'll reduce weight by 2.

:sweatdrop: This goes to show how well I've been paying attention to the mechanics, I suppose.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

I'm on January with 4 paralogues to do (playing as the Blue Lions with Dorothea, Hilda, and Ignatz poached). Are there any paralogues that get added on the last month before the time skip, or will I be able to knock all of these out before then?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Does having an adjutant increase your support with that adjutant? I couldn't tell

Yes.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

It's kind of weird to me that they didn't really bother that much with unique bosses for maps (at least pre-time skip). Not that that was something that ever made or broke a game, but it feels weird that most bosses don't have unique portraits or even names.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Harrow posted:

What I'm really hoping for is something like the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC, a totally separate story that takes place in a different time, years earlier maybe. If they could somehow make a DLC that comes after the story and somehow works after every route that'd be cool, too, but that seems... difficult.

Maybe they could do a prequel DLC that expands on all the backstory books in the library, culminating in the fight between Seiros and Nemesis in the opening?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Eimi posted:

True but Ingrid has to be mounted she is a knight after all. This might be me remembering ancient history but I thought paladins were better with swords than lances.

Not always. Almost every Jeigan/Oifey archetype in the series has specialized in lances.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah that is weird, Leonie has some of the highest speed in my Golden Deer crew

Speaking of does speed have any affect on MOV or is that considered an entirely separate stat?

Move is only affected by class.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:hmbol: Ingrid and Ignatz's C support is so much funnier if you do it after the time skip
Ingrid, standing in front of the rubble in the chapel where the Seiros statue used to be: "Ohh you're painting the Seiros statue! What a good likeness of it"

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just realized that he was probably killed during the invasion. :smith:

He survived, don't worry. :unsmith:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

Blue Lions is gayer because you get to keep Alois

I have some bad news for you.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

I love the way Byleth emotes, they manage to be pretty expressive for a silent protagonist. In the A support with Annette, you can suggest that she take a nap on her day off, and Byleth even pantomimes falling asleep.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

I just got to the part in the Blue Lions route where Rodrigue shows up after the timeskip and his dialogue in the monastery makes me want a Blazing Blade-style prequel to Three Houses set in the time he and Dimitri's dad were in the academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Taear posted:

And I asked this before but the thread was busier - does anyone know where Duscur actually is?

It's within Faerghus, in a peninsula to the north.