Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Judi Dench as the other Mama Shaw would be inspired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ITS HAPPENING

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

lmao Vin is such a lame goober but I love him

honestly good riddance to the rock

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah Cena is funny as poo poo when he has good material to work with, him and LeBron were the best parts of Trainwreck

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

come to think of it yeah, F8 is pretty mean spirited in a way the others aren’t. i always think of Dom killing the Game of Thrones guy the way he did (snapping his neck over the fender of the car) and letty putting that guy into the sub props, both were extremely cool but felt kind of tonally out of step with the level of almost cartoonish violence the series generally operates in.

that one Black Hawk Down scene in 5 was like that too at first, but it doubles back around into being the setup for a tonally perfect gag when Dom enters frame in a t shirt just blasting guys with that same shotgun he always had and Vince is hip firing SMGs, then it culminates in the Predator style slow mo muscle arm grab, leading into Hobbes effectively leaving whatever sane tacticool Call of Duty universe he was living in and fully entering into Dom’s cartoon world and the different internal logic it operates with

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

how loving cool was Dom’s mid engine charger in this one like goddamn

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Mamoa is a natural Fast and Furious guy and always very fun to watch, very excited to see him and Dom slug it out then inevitably join forces to fight Charlize Theron piloting, like, a mech remotely from a hotel room where she recorded all her footage in one day via her iPhone

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

actually, I mean they're both universal, and wasn't there a quote from somebody about crossing Fast over with other franchises not being out of the question? He might literally be Aquaman

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Aquaman is Warner Bros.

oh right, duh

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ilmucche posted:

hobbs and shaw is on tv and wow is it a bad movie

it's one of the only times I've ever been outright bored and checking the time in a movie theater and definitely the only time that's ever happened at a F&F movie

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Hobbes/Shaw along with having kind of boring CGI action scenes had way too much of my biggest pet peeve in comedy, that thing where every riff goes on way too long to the point that it's interminable. like just letting the actors riff as a substitute for joke writing, then instead of picking one line that's the best one they just keep them all in and the movie loving grinds to a halt while the leads just stand there babbling and trading repetitive one liners for like a solid minute. you usually see it in like, Paul Feig movies, and it rarely works there with actual funny comedians doing it. watching the Rock and Jason Statham do it for like 2 hours was absolutely brutal

that airplane scene with Kevin Hart made me want to die

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

eh, hobbes and shaw was all rock and it was a black hole of charisma/fun

they've gotten worse since paul died

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

me, I was

if Han survived Gisele easily could've survived

I hope she comes back with a sick road rash scar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Amazingly some people still don't understand this.

it really is an annoyingly stupid question, even if it's probably being asked rhetorically a lot of the time

"why do they keep making sequels to this wildly successful and popular franchise that's beloved the world over? i don't even like them" baby brained question