Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/mitchaiet/status/1462627133524750337?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Watch Momoa be a drop in replacement for The Rock, just like Don Cheadle replaced Terrence Howard after the first Iron Man movie.

MacheteZombie posted:

This is actually going to be Fast n Furious: Aquaman 2

Fast Fin Furious.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

checkplease posted:

drat, so apparently Justin Lin decided he no longer wanted to direct Fast X. Director search is on. Maybe a return if Wan?

Tapped out after a week of filming? I wonder what happened.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe he just got tired of Vin Diesel's poo poo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

David Lynch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Who directed 2 fast 2 furious, the best fast and furious movie? Bring them back

John Singleton died a couple of years ago, sadly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the Vin part." Roman isn't like Dom at all...?

They're both ex-cons with shaved heads and an interest in cars, what else do you need.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pity the poor studios.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Payndz posted:

I just realised I don't have a clue which was the last F&F I saw in full. I know I haven't seen 9; was 8 a rain of drone cars and Dom vs Submarine? Because if so I've only seen bits on a plane even though I own the DVD and drat, has this demented series really hit "yeah, whatever :geno: " point?

Yes, 8 had Cypher hacking all the cars in Manhattan and the submarine at the end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A terminal case of Torettos' Syndrome, where the afflicted individual says "family" when under stress.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

They can't have her be evil or have amnesia because they already did both of those with Letty, sooooo... Cyborg?

Mr Nobody was driving a car with an air cushion beside the big plane and caught her on that then had her doing separate jobs from Han for the last ten years. Alternatively Cypher scraped her off the pavement after the plane thing and had her locked in a basement, maybe she got hurt really badly so she's just been locked in a basement since then. Maybe Cypher uploaded her so she's the AI who has been doing all the hacking all along.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

This was Idris Elba in Hobbs and Shaw.

I, for one, would welcome the existence of actual factual necromancers in the F&F universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Car

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

I've mostly been out on this series after 5, but Walker dying really put the nail in the coffin for me. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I liked it when it was mostly about famous-in-their-neighborhood guys and somewhat plausible stories, and Brian had a grounding presence. I love my share of trash but the epic bacon superheroes but with cars thing is artless and obvious in a way that just turns me off.

This is where I'm at, I think. I liked the series better when they lived life a quarter mile at a time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Magnets, I'm guessing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If Diesel insisted on that i could see Lin clocking out over it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If diesel can quit being a dingdong long enough to get the rock back on board then anything can happen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That is an interesting way to think about it especially given Vin Diesel's well known D&D hobby.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I have to imagine that sometime before the end we're getting deepfake Paul Walker. Maybe not a full lead again but I could see him swooping in to save the day while never getting out of his car.

One of his brothers looks enough like him to make that easier than it might otherwise be, though they're still working with the same body of reference material that was available for F7.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

they should really fukc brains and just make him a stay at home dad while mom is out popping the clutch

Jordana Brewster had to learn to drive for the first one but she's had time to get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Apparently Diogo was in a previous movie, which makes it sad that he died..i guess?

He was a minor character in Five.