Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Senator Drinksalot posted:

There's nothing more important than family, that's why I had to hide my brother from everyone for 3 decades.

Can't you read? Not all blood is family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

Other ideas I have are a comic crossover with the Batman Family (Roman meeting Alfred:"yo these guys have a Butler why don't we have a Butler" Tej after being airlifted on the BatBimp and discovering it being piloted by Damien: how old are you HOW OLD ARE YOU",) A Fast and Furious Christmas(with Santa being played by Dave Bautista,) and Fast and Furious Kids.

EDIT: Fast and Furious Transformers crossover.

There is already F&F Kids on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtwx1rvd-eA

re: Transformers
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Targetmaster_
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Headmaster_

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vin Diesel said he wants his former costar Judi Dench to join F&F.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mulan and A Quiet Place 2 have both been delayed as well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a Technic set, by the way, so it has moving parts.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope one of them is the evil Jet Li from The One.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calaveron posted:

And in the last movie I watched they were driving around a city trying to outrun and outwit a missile firing drone while Vin Diesel had a dramatic dual handed wrench fight with Jason Statham who is finally defeated when an explosion cracks the very earth open to swallow him whole

Dom dual-wields wrenches, while Shaw rips off pieces of his destoyed car. Creation vs destruction. Also, Drizzt vs Artemis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They merge with their vehicles like in the iconic cartoon Van-pires.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of older movies, an interview with Justin Lin from 2009 is going around about Tokyo Drift where he talks about how Universal hired a guy who's job was to get arrested instead of Lin if the cops showed up.

They call it the po-po drift.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Who will play Steve McQueen?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wild Speed: Magnet Force?

I hope FX will be Wild Speed: Space Mission

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hahahaha. Nothing of the sort happened in that scene. Basically Letty was injured as part of a plan to help her escape with Cypher. It's also connected to the plot twists of they were imprisoned in Antartica (funny that this is the second recent Michelle Rodriguez movie involving a similar setting) and then Giselle showing up to pick them up in a sub.

Overall this movie didn't have set pieces as exciting as Fast 6 or even F8 but Jason Momoa is a pretty scary villain. He knows Dom's weakness and even plays into it several times like when he revealed Aimes was his partner all along.

Side note:
Alan Ritchson is built like if Optimus Prime is a human. No wonder he got picked to play Jack Reacher.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 18, 2023

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quote is not edit:

Anyone seen the final trailer? It's 4 and a half minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoOaKN4qCKw

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 18, 2023

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So if this movie is still running on D&D principals, Jason Momoa playing a "Dante" means he's the equivalent of a devil from Hell. Because of course that's the final boss for any D&D adventure; after you have defeated dragons/planes and liches/superhackers, the only challenge left is an evil deity from the Lower Planes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jakob in this movie reminds me of Shaw in F8. They're all tough and serious in their first appearance but becomes an Uncle in the presence of a child.

Also just found out that the flight attendant is Paul Walker's daughter. Man, he died 10 years ago and she's an adult now.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 18, 2023

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lobok posted:

I was surprised by the end of it how little Statham was in it considering Leterrier directed it but maybe he wasn't brought in early enough to affect the script.

He will get a bigger role in the next movie since saving Shaw's mom seems to be an important plot point.

Alan Smithee posted:

wonder if they are doing hobbs and shaw 2

Its worldwide gross is over 700 million. So very likely.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 19, 2023

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Dom used to be thief and now is just a paladin

He's an Oath of Devotion, so it's appropriate that Dante is Oath of Vengeance.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you're tired of your parents asking for grandchildren, Vin Diesel has some things to say about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CskJPOeMDBr/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Amazingly some people still don't understand this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Fast XXX: the Handbraketurn of Xander Cage

That's how it's going to end. Dom has to drive into a supercollider to save the universe and he wakes up as Xander Cage.

Actually that's nonsense. He would isekai himself into the Pitch Black universe, and thus begins the Chronicles of RIddick.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Rewatching 5. I just realized that unhinged psycho Dom is what the recent movies have been missing

My favorite psycho Dom was "You think this is a street fight? It is." and then he finished it off with "the street always win".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe he and Elena will appear in the final movie and kill Dante.