Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
John Woo, which could potentially turn out terrible but if he can find his was back to form like he did with Red Cliff, it could be glorious.

Otherwise Yeon Sang-ho (Train to Busan)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
And then they follow it up with the plane sequence (which does an amazing job integrating a fairly large ensemble cast)

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Tunicate posted:

I assume the series is gonna end with the reveal that Cipher is Mr. Nobody's daughter, because family.

Or sister

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I imagine Gal Gadot will be back in some capacity now that they're officially doing no more Wonder Woman movies

Heavy Metal posted:

Speaking of which, Al Pacino should be in Fast X.

It should be De Niro, he was in Ronin. Or Ryan O'Neal is he's still up for acting. Has Pacino done an iconic car movie?

High Warlord Zog fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 15, 2022

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

Heat 2 was the dad-est book ever written and it was loving amazing.
I have no idea how the hell they are actually going to cast it, but according to an interview with Michael Mann, they've got plans already.

For better or worse Mann seems like the kind of director who'd leap at the chance to play around with digital de-aging

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Lobok posted:

They can't have her be evil or have amnesia because they already did both of those with Letty, sooooo... Cyborg?

Have her patched up by the evil cabal who were doing whatever they were doing in Hobbs and Shaw

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Is that the tank chase stretch of road near the end?

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

I know he's not being literal but goddamn now I want to watch Dom and his family facing down the literal end of days

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I wonder if the recent Fast movies, their difficult to work with producer/star, and their ballooning budgets have soured Universal on films of that scale. They seem to be pivoting - especially with the deal they've cut with James Wan and Blumhouse - to 10-20 million dollar movies that they think can bring in a couple of hundred million in return.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
He should play the same character. Bring Jamie Fox's president into the F&F verse too.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Hahahaha. Nothing of the sort happened in that scene.

If anyone wants to watch a movie that actually follows through on this debunked speculation, the Indian movie WAR will scratch that itch (and is honestly a better Fast and Furious movie than the last 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0mzXRk-oM

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

what is it on a scale of 0 to RRR

I'd say 7.5

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

One thing that's funny is how they clearly had to shoot around not having Vin and Alan Ritchson next to each other since Ritchson is loving huge both in mass and just general height.

They did that with Cena in the last one as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

checkplease posted:

Does Han coming back make sense? Nope. But the series is better for it.

On the other hand they're probably regretting trying to do the same trick again with Gal Gadot (whose character's backstory is that she's former Israeli special forces)