Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

i have a chapbook by ian svenious of nation of ulysses/the make-up from 2006 that devotes a chapter arguing a similar line about oasis and blur specifically being intelligence operations. strange parallel there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
the book is called "the psychic soviet" and it's full of insane semi-marxist frankfurt school style ramblings about seinfeld being a cultural trojan horse to make white people gentrify cities and how coffee is the blood of south america consumed by the american vampire etc

the chapter in question is called the seduction of paolo hewitt but the text is too tiny to photograph (it's pocket bible sized) but he repeatedly mentions blur/oasis as a means to pump up national sentiment in the UK

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

this is awesome

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Zoobtro posted:

i was the target audience for britpop and it loving worked. i was mad (in the "mad for it!" sense) about oasis and that image of blair and noel was huge. some important government guy and our kid shaking hands and enjoying life? things can only get better and all that. it was better than whatever the gently caress we have now i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGu__4igHIE

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
im more of a happy mondays type myself

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
gorillaz is good because it forced my brother to listen to de la soul

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
if i played guitar id be jimmy page

the girlies i like are underage

- famous rap/rock band

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Cabbages and Kings posted:

there's hippies and there's hippies. Some of the people I get weed and similarsuch from in the hills up here seem to be part of the same networks that either predated Woodstock or arose in its aftermath, and the politics of these people can be extremely vicious, and anything but right wing.

The first time I went to buy some hash after 10/7 I got grilled about my views on Gaza before I could even sit down; I was not expecting this so I went with the default of telling the truth ("the IDF is a fascist machine enacting a genocide; the US is actively helping; DTI DTA etc") and was then allowed a seat and it was clear to me that this person has stopped doing business and severed ties entirely with anyone who wasn't both aware of the issues, and interacting with them from a specific direction.

Then you have what I call "cargo cult hippes" who are just disruptive capitalists and the thing they have chosen to disrupt is "I ignore substance laws" and they put on the trappings of hippies to appear safer to the clientele they are trying to attract. NoVA was full of people like this, I haven't found many in the scene here, but I am pretty far up a hill and a little bit closer to some of the crystal veins of Family poo poo than is maybe healthy, so I think the fraudsters and money-grubbers either go sell weed in Burlington or go sell weed + hard drugs further south.

That said -- I do think that all of these shadow orgs that exist in the periphery of various hippy movements and use the movements as cover to move large quantities of MDMA/LSD, probably have interaction of some kind with MiC at various levels. So much money moving around.

there were intelligence officers living in the haight taking notes the whole time and the brotherhood got their initial large batches of base chemicals from a guy who seems to now have been an outright agent of the CIA

imo acid didnt like escape the lab after its initial stages of testing by military/intelligence, it just got dispensed to the initial political groundswell actually occurring at the time and turned them into a bunch of goofs who wanted to play guitar for 6 hours straight

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
& all the humboldt people i knew were apolitical wooks with guns

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
nothing worse than getting the come up flashes and realizing you wouldnt even know what acid is without the MiC

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

I don't really believe that (though you should not trust me as unbiased, since I have close relatives that skated out of being drafted to `nam based on direct personal friendships with a CIA agent and close relatives in the same general block of the family who were explicitly involved in LSD manufacture in the 1960s).

However, even if I did -- these experiences are nothing new, humans have been dicking with psychedelics for as long as we've been humans. LSD has a character that's pretty distinct from mushrooms/DMT, but I don't think it's that distinct from high dose LSA except the latter involves a lot more puking and cramping.

To me the history of the OSS/CIA and LSD/DOB/etc just looks like another case of powerful people trying to capture lightning in a bottle, realizing they can't because it's not the thing they thought it was in the first place, and then cynically repurposing it for weapons / social control / profit, usually but not always in that order.

Your glowing peak experiences don't owe jack poo poo to the MiC, they're just your experiences.

maybe Kate is lost in the DMT spirit world

thats all well and good but there's 0 chance that i would have had cultural exposure to psychedelics if they werent laundered through the military and then the cultural apparatus of capital and dispensed to me, the young answer-seeker. we bulldozed that kind of hokum when we built this great nation

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

they haven't even banned brown moses yet, I think synthesizer nerds with CIA-adjacent family are pretty far down the list

I'd never really thought about any possible connections between these two things (one person getting out of `nam on a CIA IOU, another person happening to move dirt in a Haight acid lab in the same general time frame) before yesterday though :crackping:

I wonder what family history may be buried and if there's weird lock boxes of paper I'll eventually find and be worried by

there were feds embedded in the haight.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Loucks posted:

Yeah CHAOS went into some details of that wrt the free clinic unless I’m confusing my sources which is entirely possible. Or are you referencing something else? Norbert the Narc doesn’t count because obviously.

uhmmm id have to dig it out but acid dreams is where i got most of my info on this- there was a division of FBI guys hangin out takin notes in an apartment on haight (altho i think it was closer to the park than haight and ashbury)

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

scary ghost dog posted:

you would likely have no desire for psychedelics absent those factors

yeah i mean here we are

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Real hurthling! posted:

i bet i would still love euphoria in an eyedropper sans our current world economic political complex

you're lying to yourself.

edit: about the euphoria part, not the you liking it part

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

scary ghost dog posted:

yes, this is correct. even the ostensibly hardline marxists of the cspam subforum are crippled in this way. vice is perhaps the ultimate weapon of capital

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
as i said before this whole kerfuffle you guys wouldn't have psychedelics without the OSS and the sooner everyone admits that the better. you aren't a seeker. you aren't a shaman. your ancestors were stupid bog people or dirt farmers. they werent doing shrooms and getting "insights" they were dying of cholera

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
actually your ancestors might have actively displaced the people who actually did culturally use psychedelics. talk about being sore winners itt

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
actually in a communist society id still be playing Shooters Gun and finding myself through mother earths healing medicine <3 i cant work at the steel foundry because i was diagnosed with adult ADHD

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
what if everyone in shining path... was high

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

This started at "recreational psychedelic drug use"

wah i dont wanna see how they make the sausage wah wah

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

gradenko_2000 posted:

I guess my question in this whole deal is, how do you reconcile the argument that hard drugs should still be available for use with the problem of drugs coming from the deepest black heart of reactionary elements in the imperial core? If the Communist Intelligence Agency is still importing coke from Latin America and heroin from the Golden Triangle, what was the point of all this?

they shouldn't. what are you joking? you think in an ideal workers governed society "all hard drugs should be available"?

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
your banana sources are from hosed up covert poo poo in guatemala, im not saying dont eat bananas. i eat bananas all the time. but you wouldnt have access to them without hosed up covert poo poo

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

selec posted:

any temperance movement in a capitalist structure is just going to be used primarily to discipline the members of the working class. this was obvious during prohibition in America, and continues under the war on drugs.

drugs grew up with us as we developed societies. if your planned culture has no room or role for intoxicants as cultural tools and even pleasure-seeking tools it’s something a nerd cooked up with a spreadsheet and can be safely disregarded.

material conditions drive the individual relationship with intoxicants, just like they do every other relationship you have under capitalism. you can’t get sober your way out of capitalism, and any movement that places sobriety in a list of goals for effectiveness is pre-alienating people for whom intoxicants mean survival and even joy. meet the workers where they are and focus on the goals of a movement, not a picture of a worker you can beat off to because you imagine them to be free of all taint.

who are these people you're referencing

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
who can't survive without drugs? addicts? we should be worried about alienating drug addicts? i dont care about alienating drug addicts.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
we will never know the identity of the Mystery Leg

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
he's not from philly hes from fuckign cheltenham. gently caress bux county

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Dokapon Findom posted:

Wonder if Bibi is a Pat's or Geno's guy?

real ones know its chinks up mayfair

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

okay before i thought it was just weird but now something's definitely going on

he put her rear end in the free british hospital

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

slave to my cravings posted:

the five pillars of hip hop
1. lyricism
2. graffiti
3. turntablism
4. sex trafficking
5. knowledge of the movement

i have thrown away my life for graffiti because i find its uncorruptable purity a rare joy in this stuped fukt up world

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
also yeah obv hip hop isnt exempt from this poo poo. they got the panthers already. this is just dudes rapping what the panthers did at best and i say this as a huge hip hop fan.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
as we saw with the struggle session over psychedelics- just because its something you like doesnt make it exempt, no point in pretzeling yourself trying to explain it otherwise. even funnier to say "look at kanye" as your example

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
oof they got relegated that year. out of the league. shame innit

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
here's conspiracy rap by jews to unify things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Khr45wT4o

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
now i got the cannon out/cause they sent the people to my house/
cause i searched for/ "who ta-nesi coates work for?"
and this simple inquisition brought the sheriff to my front door

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
you know you're deep in the conspiracy zone when you talk about reading the final call as a jewish guy without a trace of sarcasm

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
hot guy / fucks a lot / women feel safe around me/ flawed genius / blinded by elective surgery / #followthescience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
ive got laser eyes, and i know what you're thinking