Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

little tip: you might assume that the early weapons are weak, and ditch them at the earliest opportunity.

They're really, really not.

The Axe of the Black Labyrinth can kill at least half of the game's enemies in one or two hits; stronger enemies like Apostles of the Moon will die in five or six. You don't want to use the Axe at point-blank like a typical melee weapon, because most enemies will get a hit in before you chop them up. Instead, get something right in your crosshairs at about 10 or 15 paces and then attack. Your target will be yanked right into your swing, which has the added advantages of 1) stunning it for a moment and preventing its own attack, and 2) making a cool rear end noise.

The Staff of the Azure Orb is your pistol weapon, but its double fire makes it more like a machinegun. Because of its homing shots the Staff is one of your best tools against small twitchy fliers, and since it's water magic it'll wreck enemies that are made of fire.

I strongly recommend starting on Hard difficulty, even if you're new to the game. The biggest change Hard makes is more enemies, which just means more fun! :black101: You can go back to the starting area and change difficulties at any time.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

im playing on the secret difficulty level underneath the tutorial area, but it doesn’t list how it changes the game so i’m not actually sure how it compares to the other difficulties

More, tougher, faster enemies, and fewer pickups. There are a few other changes; Solegionaires will always block and Sons of the Scrounge will always spawn from their host enemies.

Mordja posted:

Rank ur episodes

(high to low)

The Arcane Expanse is absolutely gorgeous but Acrobats are the bane of my life :argh: They just hit so loving hard.

I'd probably rate Domain of the Sentinels a bit higher, mostly because of this bitchin' track and because it's got your first Star of Torment and Aeturnum.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 12, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

admataY posted:

Oh, and one little oddity , im not sure what was up with that final boss. Gaming trained me to assume there is some special method to beating him, what with the special looking pyres in the 4 corners of the arena , each burning in a color similar to one of the boss's special attacks .
I just ignored all that and emptied all my ammo in it untill it died .

Those will refill one of your mana colors when you're close by.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It starts to become a bit of a problem in the Arcane Expanse and the Void, since you can't harvest your enemy's soul if you've launched them into the fathomless infinite.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A lot of the secrets are hidden in little alcoves that you can only see from just the right angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

punch punch punch punch punch PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH