Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fabulousity posted:

According to Wikipdia Amazon ordered season two before season one even premiered. Is that based on ComicCon reception or something? How does that sort of thing even happen?

They're chasing that Marvel money, so indie superhero IPs are the hot thing at the moment now that Disney's consolidating its franchises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Chris Pine should be a little worried. Starr could be slotted into pretty much any role of his, including Kirk.

If anything, the way they've got him dolled up, he looks like what would happen if you blended Chris Pine and Michael Fassbender together.

He looks more like a younger Bradley Cooper to me, especially in the way he grins.

I liked that the super terrorist is named "the Captain". I hope he gets a marvel-esque costume next season, to drive the point home.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

During the A-Train race I thought the Boys were going to set up a garrot somewhere on the race track and behead him like the dude in the Counselor.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was Stillwell's baby the same baby as the eye laser baby from before? I was half expecting to see the baby emerge from the rubble in a post credits scene.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Instead of a generic terrorist, it would've been better if Homelander accidentally created someone as powerful and radically anarchist as Katyusha from the comic Uber. That book is grim as hell but Katyusha's storyline is pretty great.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

On my first watch I could’ve sworn Starlight’s mom was Joan Cusack. Just checked the credits and it turns out she was played by Joan Cusack’s sister. They look kinda similar but they both make the same faces.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

El Padrino posted:

Maybe it's Stilwell's milk. So yeah, definitely Homelander being weird.

I’d imagine it would’ve went sour by now.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ep 3: Black Noir crying :(

I thought he was laughing.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I need a Fresca now tbh

They’re going to offer one to Stormfront and she’s going to ask for a Zima instead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’d say it’s more of a rope-a-dope than a twist.

E: not calling anyone a dope in this thread, just using boxing terminology to describe SF’s dynamic both within the show and among her teammates.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 9, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Im assuming they are building up to a story like the start of Invincible. Homelander trains up his son, but his son has lived a loved life believing he is a normal human. When Homelander starts going psycho around him, his son will stand up to him and become an actual hero. (spoiled in case any one cares about not being spoiled on Invincible even though it's pretty lovely with stuff like fan service and overwhelmingly powerful woman characters constantly becoming damsels in distress)

That’d be kind crazy since Invincible is supposed to get its own show on Amazon too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

boo_radley posted:

was Stormfront's quip "Change with the times, I did"? that was great.

Maybe she meant like, the time of the day?

:)

Kidding aside, it’s pretty blatant where they’re going with Liberty/Stormfront, I’m sure she’ll do the big villain monologue and reveal everything when she gives Homelander that big pitch from the season preview.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hate-O-Tron posted:

I haven't really seen anybody posit this theory in the thread, but what if Stormfront is Homelander's bio-mom?

In the comics, Homelander was made from Stormfront's DNA.

Liberty disappeared off the map in 1979, which would line up to be around the right age for
Homelander.

It would explain why Edgar recruited her for the Seven. He has to know what a complete racist
psycho she is, and chose her despite that because of the maternal connection knowing how
many Mommy issues Homelander has.

The disappointment and reverence she shows as she circles around HL would definitely track
with that theory.

Now this is a swerve that would be interesting, and paint their last scene in a different light.

I’m wondering if the crowd scene from the previews with Homelander leads to an Iredeemable situation for him where it becomes public knowledge he killed an innocent, he has a public freak out and seriously fucks poo poo up afterwards to force people to worship him again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

If what I predicted doesn't turn out, the thing I'm guilty of is guessing wrong. It's not like we're in some contest where we have to guess everything correctly. Speculating about potential outcomes is half the fun.

The thing you’re guilty of guessing wrong is whether or not you can identify someone’s clearly racist traits. That’s not a good thing to be wrong about and says a lot about how you handle that topic of discourse.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

Even with the staggered schedule look at all the better than thou sperglords harvesting spoilers from the show runners and posting it here.

Goons are incapable of enjoying something unless they suck all the life out of it.

So you use ablest slurs on top of ignoring racist traits in bigots. Can’t wait to find out what other garbage viewpoints you have.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Retrowave Joe posted:

Bioshuffle should trade in his armchair for a student’s desk before he keeps pretending to be a historian itt.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do love how the plane incident proves Homelander is definitely dumber than Superman, because Superman could've lasered the engines off and just *carried* the plane to safety. That does pose another question - how much can Homelander bench?

(and yes, I'm aware the primary reason he let everyone die was because they knew he hosed up)

Airplane wings are full of fuel, if a superhero tried to laser off the wings or the engines, the whole thing would explode.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaUC1Al53uc
"I can't stop. I can't stop. I can't stop"
*zooms away*

Ah yes, truly the actions of someone who is remorseful.

If you want to defend A-Train, you're welcome to, but I am perfectly entitled to believe he's just as evil and narcissistic as the rest of the Seven.

He’s an addict, but again your ideology betrays you. There is no confusion for you in regards to A-Train’s motivation.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bioshuffle posted:

Also, what ideology are you talking about? The one where I think people who murder without remorse for their personal gain are more villain than hero?

The ideology that gives you the confidence to call an addict evil while being “confused” and giving the benefit of the doubt for other certain characters.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What did it say on Lamplighter’s zippo?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Not sure what you're referencing specifically, but until this week there wasn't. Apparently someone had a water proof GoPro that The Deep had some underwater friends dig up. One hell of an advertisement for GoPro, surviving a plane crash and whatever depths the wreckage sank to and however long it was down there, but it's plausible enough for television for me.

I thought he mentioned some of the debris washed up near Norway or something like that and that’s where his “contacts” found it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alchenar posted:

How they're keeping her in the cell is a secondary question to "how exactly were they testing the skills of the lady who hates them and can pop skulls with her mind when she's conscious?"

Don't think about this one too much.

Maybe her room was coated in something that negated her powers, but agreed, it’s nothing to get hung up about.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Delita posted:

Cindy was in lockdown for the first pop.

Who’s to say they didn’t bring her out on a test run?

It’s an extreme scenario which I don’t really believe, the set up is too obvious and more than likely she’s a red herring.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 2, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Fat Neil what are you doing

Did they say whether he was caught or not?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Asgerd posted:

Crossed is practically un-adaptable, since if you were to jettison the dumb edgelord poo poo there's literally nothing left. It's just a completely worthless premise.

Crossed 100+ was pretty good, in a “horror story told to give apocalypse survivors nightmares” way.

But it is absolutely unadaptable. Even the language is alien in that book.

E: didn’t see there was a next page and that FilthyImp already summed it up.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 8, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Bears are playing tonight. Plenty of comedy to be had there my friend.

:mad:

:(

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Maeve: “hey kraut” :clint:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Honestly, the scariest thing about HL's "self-indulgent" ending this season is that I think what he was really talking about was "I'll just have/make more kids."

Yeah, same. There’s a later arc in Invincible that actually follows up on this where its revealed the renegade leader of the viltrumites (the nearly immortal super race Invincible hails from) has stolen off to a remote planet where he knows the alien race is compatible for producing offspring and...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Becca's technique: stab her in the eye!

When that happened that comic panel from the Goon immediately popped in my head.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I would totally watch Antony Starr in a Carnosaur remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wP4rP6R70

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

cosmin posted:

don't want to derail this thread but I'm cautious about going into the Comics subforum (is there one?)

Now that I kind of finished The Boys and I found a good source for comics, is there anything else I should check out to clean my eyes and my taste buds after all this ennis-ness? Adult oriented, stand-alone arcs, no golden age superheroes, already read Transmetropolitan, The Losers, 99 Bullets, Preacher(didn't finish it), TWD but I think I missed Miller's Batman, never read any Daredevil (there was a good arc I think?), Punisher (should I start Ennis' Punisher?) etc

David Lapham’s Stray Bullets is what you’re looking for.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Why would you say “Hard-R” lmao Jesus loving Christ

Carnosaur is already r rated as gently caress too. The kills are nasty, a woman explodes while giving birth to a dinosaur, and the protagonists get brutally murdered at the end.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

I cannot argue with you there. He'd be too busy making a difference instead of trying to be top of the cool kids club.

Do you think Superman would mockingly call it the cool kids club, or just approve of the people who mock it?

:thunk:

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 23, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

pile of brown posted:

Is it Reagan?

It’s racism.

Ronald Racism.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I had to click on the Twitter profile because I wanted to confirm that was indeed the artist of the comic book making fun of those goofballs. I met him at comicon one year, super cool dude.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I steep my teabags in cups of pure warm milk.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn’t the whole first season of the boys about how Vought was able to stay autonomous from the us military after the war and how Vought’s trying to get exclusive military contracts with the government, something they wouldn’t need if the allies just came in and trust busted the place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GD_American posted:

Mark Duplass gets several lovely movie passes from me just for The League, but he burned several of them up for that turd.

The one he did with the woman from Mad Men was ok.

Creep and Creep 2 were documentaries.

I still hope he makes Creep 3.