Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

There's an amulet early on in one of the sewer levels behind an invisible crouchable-hole-in-the-wall that reduces armor weight by 40%, it's let me roll around in the heavy starter gear without any penalties in the "light" weight range. Super nice especially if you aren't abusing the pocketwatch stamina amulet.

Also as a mostly-solo player there's a skill that lets you spawn minions - it makes a world of difference in boss fights since it splits aggro with the billions of adds that all bosses seem to have.

Worth the 40bux for sure, hope there's an endgame to speak of. Highly recommend joining other people's matches early on for cash and materials. That said, I'm pretty sure multiplayer is split by difficulty level, so good luck finding anyone to join in "hard" mode and vice versa. Idled for almost an hour waiting for someone to join on me in hard mode then switched to easy and had bites instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ran across the first boss fight I would consider "poorly designed". Small bridge. Deadly fall on both sides. Destructible cover. Multi-phase boss with area denial abilities that can also knock you off the bridge. Spawns a second copy of itself at 75%, on the other side of the bridge.

This by itself wouldn't be too bad, but of course there are also adds. It spawns 15 or so every 25% chunk of health for each boss. The adds home on you and cause respectable damage and stagger when they durka durka your rear end. The adds do not drop ammo on kill. At no point during the fight does either boss come into melee range. Hope you enjoy spending loads of scrap on ammo boxes! It suuuuucks.

Think I got a way to beat it figured out, but goddrat they let the resident office rear end in a top hat design that fight. Even the singed dragon at least had ammo available.

Diephoon posted:

Can you be any more specific as to where this hidden place is?
It was in one of the first couple of sewer tilesets with meatball enemies right outside the base. There was a side room with a quote from an Indiana Jones movie spraypainted on a concrete wall that functions as the key to the puzzle. Even though worlds are randomly generated, I expect someone will run across the same thing somewhere else with different loot but the same puzzle. Amulet has been a lifesaver.

Edit:
Found a screenshot I took after clearing the zone because it made me chuckle.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 18, 2019

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The Treeant zone-end boss (you either get him or the dragon) spawns them in waves constantly as a core part of the fight as far as I can tell. He didn't have a visible modifier at least the several times I've fought him.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Make sure to kill all the optional bosses/side bosses then reset, yeah. Even out your gearscore before resetting too, so you aren't getting screwed by scaling.

https://old.reddit.com/r/remnantgame/comments/crs0i3/level_scaling_information/

Edit:
Yeah, I was focusing entirely on leveling my weapons for a solid 2/3 of the game until I read up on the scaling and started working on armor. It was an exercise in careful dodging and swearing repeatedly and loudly at the fights that spawn hordes of "dies in 1 hit but also spikes you for tons of damage" mobs.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 19, 2019

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I just got to The Harrow and the adds just seem untenable solo. Once they start spawning you're swarmed by those scythe-arm dicks more or less constantly, and I don't have anything that lets me clear large groups more than once a minute or so. I think I'm just going to come back here once I outgear it.
Specials that give you aggro-control abilities (spore pod, meatball summons, etc) are a godsend for solo players. Highly recommend giving them a shot when you can. The meatballs in particular synergize well with a ring that heals you on melee (their attacks count as your melee).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Finally got around to beating the final boss in normal mode after an accidental reset about 2/3 of the way through (didn't know what it did at the time). Trait level 165ish. Weapons and armor at 18/19. Terrible fight, but mechanically easy once you know the drill.

Rerolled world in hard difficulty, and it feels just about right. Things hit REALLY hard, but they still don't feel too much like HP sponges. It's nice that exp continues to pour in at a relatively quick rate. Burning through a few areas with a friend ended up with another 6 levels.

Looking forward to seeing their plans for new content because i can see this getting old fairly quick once you've gotten all the weapons/armor/items/traits and have cleared the game a few times just for shits and grins.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've probably run 20 or 30 desert planet adventure modes to completion without finding a single simulacrum. Anyone else had any luck? That's my primary material bottleneck at this point since farming crystals is so easy now.

Zigmidge posted:

Is there a point to having an alt in this game or should I just rock my main with my friend who just started?

Since they capped the difference for multiplayer scaling, not really, unless you just don't like the character model you rolled. I would actually prefer they have a trait level cap less than "all traits at 20" so there's a point in using the different character slots.

Edit:
No, just wait 10-15 seconds.

v

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All of the special abilities that aren't buffs or instacast/summon have a "primed" animation. Most of them look pretty cool.