Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Rad-daddio posted:

I've mentioned it in another thread, but there's a Disney Channel bump that was filmed right after 9/11 and it has various popular young actors talking about how cool the police and military are. It's really sort of creepy and dystopian.

Anyhoo, I know it exists I just can't find it on YouTube or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUVi5OOIZeE

Protip: DuckDuckGo is sooooo much better at finding poo poo like this compared to Google. I searched for YEARS of this video from the 90s of these punk teens destroying these homes in this newly-developed housing area (throwing a bowling ball through a barney the dinosaur wall, microwaving a live fish, bashing poo poo in with bats) and it was a major news story in the early 90s but I could not find it for poo poo either from google search or by searching in youtube and found it immediately with DuckDuckGo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Conan O'Brien used to have this ongoing gag where this clip would play of an old-ish bald man yelling either "YES!!!" or "NO!!!" or something over a techno beat. It would keep looping over and over on top of this techno beat. The guy kind of looked like that wacked out guy from Heaven's Gate cult but it wasn't him. I would say this was late 90s Conan. Searching yields nothing and I would love to see this again. I've been looking for it for 20 years but it's a pretty hard thing to search for.

Ralph Hurley posted:

I used to watch a ton of Nickelodeon in the very early days, around 1985. They did a lot of PSA type stuff for kids and teens between shows. There was a series that would start with a question a kid might ask about growing up, then it would show regular kids hanging out in playgrounds giving their best answers. One was a boy asking “how do I get girls to like me?”. Then cut to different kids all saying stuff along the lines of “just be yourself”. The last kid they showed was an absolute goofball sitting on a wall surrounded by his friends. He had on an enormous pair of sunglasses shaped like lightning bolts. His answer to how to get girls to like you was “Steal their comb. It works.”
All his friends die laughing while he just sits there with this smartass look on his face. That response made more sense to eleven year old me than anything anyone else said. I wanted to be that kid. I have had no luck finding the clip. My memory has cast him looking like Dustin from Stranger Things with lightning bolt shades but I’m sure he looked nothing like that.

I couldn't find this but chances are it's on Youtube; it's just that no one has chopped it out to make it it's own video. There's hundreds of hours of early/mid 80s Nickelodeon ad breaks so it's sure to be in there somewhere.

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

The first is an old SNL sketch where Adam Sandler plays Bill Cosby in an episode of You Bet Your Life. I know it’s from season 18 where the guests were Christina Applegate and Midnight Oil but I cannot find a video of it anywhere. I saw the sketch once with some friends back in 2000 and I remember it being one of the funniest things I’d ever seen. Probably won’t hold up but still, I’d love to see it again.

I found it and sent you a PM!

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Aug 3, 2019

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Riptor posted:

Was it his old announcer Joel Goddard? They used to use him in sketches quite a bit on late night

Nope. I absolutely loved Joel Goddard and would have remembered that. It was definitely a clip they stole from an old movie or something.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Bones posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_WPLNf3jbI

This is a small snippet of what's apparently a two hour video. If you search "teens destroy house 1995" on youtube you can find other clips of them destroying the bathroom and even smashing holes in the ceiling from above. They also liked abusing animals, so maybe don't go looking if you don't want to see that.

I always assumed that line on The Simpsons "video taping this crime spree was the best idea we ever had" was referencing this video. I can't find much about it but I think their parents had to pay for all the damages. I wish I knew their names so I could see what they are up to today (probably making license plates).

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Robokomodo posted:

There is a rap song that I’m 100% sure that KRS-One was on.

Some of of the lyrics include:

“I’m not a drug rapper, I’m not a thug rapper, I’m the type of rapper to smack yo rear end and snatch your stature” (paraphrasing)
There is a lot of internal rhyming like this throughout the song.

Please help me find this.

I’ve already been to NMD identify a song for me.

No-one replied.

I did not dream this.

I am a pretty big KRS-One fan and this isn't ringing any bells. You sure it's him? I searched some of those lyrics on genius.com and got nothing with KRS-One on it. If you are convinced it is him, for the lyrics to not be on genius.com it probably means the song was a freestyle which might make it easier for you to narrow down on Youtube.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Aug 14, 2019

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Robokomodo posted:

I’m positive it was KRS. At this point I’m just gonna have to relisten to his discography. I have it somewhere on a flash drive.

This song is real, unless I dreamt it. In that case I’m gonna write me a rap song.

It would be pretty weird for genius.com to not have a recorded song of his; I am more than sure it's a freestyle

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
For the goon that was asking about the Harry Cherry meme

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861354&pagenumber=784&perpage=40#post497350257

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Isn't this a Simpsons gag too?

"Sorry, Tennessee!!" was a gag that I must have heard on twenty different TV shows and commercials back in the 90s but I can't figure out what it meant exactly. Was Tennessee barred from sweepstakes and stuff at one time?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been looking for this one for a few years.

It was an image of Kevin Eubanks from The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. It's just his face with "THAS COLD, JAY" written under it but the reason it was so funny to me is it was made to look like a Gameboy Color game.

Nothing that I google brings it up but it used to get posted here a lot a good decade ago.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I have been looking for a suitable replacement for the ultimate bag o' chips

Sadly, nothing has compared. The only substitute I fall back on is Pringles pizza flavor chips, but 95% of the time the chips have a tiny smear of pizza flavor dust on them. Pizzeria chips were loving COATED in delicious artificial flavor.

haha I loving loooooooooooved those, they were so thick and "bakey".

I am hoping someone finds something.

edit: reddit is saying these are pretty close:

http://imgur.com/vwFJ95U

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Abugadu posted:

There’s an SNL clip from the early 90’s w Christopher Walken, called Stalk Talk. Good stuff. I can find the script but not the vid, as is the case with a lot of SNL skits.

SNL refusing to release seasons on DVD/Hulu is infuriating. Anyway, I found the episode for you. PM sent.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

actionjackson posted:

do you have a link to the video? I could not find it through DuckDuckGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDo7_MLzgI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1ptKwHobw

This of course happened in Florida (Jacksonville)

It was really big news when it happened and I always assumed the Simpsons joke "video taping this crime spree was the best idea we ever had" came from this.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 15, 2019

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GreatMrPopo posted:

There was a fake catalog i remember reading as a kid, in the mid 90's, just to set the era. A Russian kid in my social studies class, 6th grade, had lent it to me. The book was full of pencil illustrations of all the various gag gifts, including underwear that could inflate (of course, a google search for inflatable underwear was not very useful), and other bizarre and useless inventions. Each illustration had a description about each item. It was a real book, i remember enjoying the clever descriptions and all round quirkiness of the whole ordeal. I would then show the book to all my friends in each of my different 6th grade periods, giggling in the middle of class. WTF was that name of the book!? /i can only remember what it looked like, but the Title escapes me! The cover was mostly white, or maybe cool gray, and it would have had some of the illustrations on the cover as well. There might have been some shade of blue along the spine and the title area.

Mad magazine had a fake pullout called "Merely 99c". It was a flyer for a fake 99 Cent store and one of the items was soda with flavors like Yam, does this ring a bell?

Edit: found two pages

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 20, 2019

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think cable TV ever showed Faces of Death

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Acres of Quakers posted:

Back in the early 200Os I stumbled upon a song on Napster that was titled "Lilywhite sessions Too Blue". It featured a female vocalist and one of the lyrics of the chorus was:

The way I see it, your eyes are too blue,
Your voice a little too sweet.

I lost it when my hard drive died one day and have spent hour upon hour searching for any record of it, without luck. There's a song called Too Blue, but it's not the one I'm looking for.

No joke, go on soulseek. They will have it. I've found stuff on there a week ago that I'd been looking for for a decade.

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

There were toys that were sold in the early to mid 90s in Canada (and im sure the US) that were basically half mutant/ half car hybrids leaning closer to the action figure end of the spectrum than the hot wheels side. They were called gruesome racers or something. I vaguely recall that one of the characters was a guy standing with his arms out and two large wheels affixed to his hands. There was also a Twisted Metal character named Axel that had a similar design if I remember correctly. If anybody knows what they were called I would be interested in finding out.

Mattel Attack Pack?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Kharnifex posted:

Got a wierd one, pretty hazy

Pretty sure it was a kids show, possibly British
Live action, late 70's early 80's, reminiscent of the old tripods show

Involved an invisible alien hunter, that had a red triangle symbol, kind of like mosquitor from he man/she ra legs

It was hunting a kid I think, who was hiding in some kind of above ground sci fi bunker.

Maybe the hunter had glowing red eyes and pretty bad stealthing fx

The Tomorrow People?

This one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie posted:

I read a bunch of them, but owned the Ninja Gaiden one, read it many times.

Also the Gremlins 2 adaptation, which provided me with an excessive education on how metal arcs in the microwave.

Wait...there was a Gremlins 2 the movie the video game the book?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Oh man I wish that was what I meant.

oh haha, I wouldn't have been surprised.

My friend to this day still remembers the password to the last level of that game. NXRD . And I only know it from him telling me.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tip posted:

Reminds me of this book I own:

Bram Stoker's Dracula: A Francis Ford Coppola Film: Official Movie Edition
The novel of the film by Fred Saberhagen and James V. Hart
Based on the screenplay by James V. Hart from the Bram Stoker novel

With an Afterword by Francis Ford Coppola and 8 pages of full-color movie photos

It's basically the definitive version of Dracula.

I'd kill for a novelization of this game

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Obsidianheart posted:

Having a hard time finding a digital copy of the cover of White Rabbit by David Diebold and Kim Cataluna. Like, I can find it on YouTube, but not a good quality MP3 or such of it.

Soulseek has it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh man there was a "rare version" of I bleed by the pixies that I nabbed from ares/limewire/kazaa that I loved and I'll be damned if I ever find it again. I'm occasionally tempted to try finding it on said platforms but I imagine they're ghost towns anymore, if they even still exist

it's on SoulSeek, I just checked

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Everything is on soulseek.

I was legit shocked by some of the stuff I found on there

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Weaponized Autism posted:

X-Posting from NMD:

Back in the 90s DJ Venom released an album called Venom's Birthday Bash. Yes it was cheesy and dumb but I have a nostalgia for it. It contained techno remixes of theme songs along with other mixes. There was a song on there called "Suck My Motherfuckin Dick" and a remix of the Inspector Gadget theme song. Can't find it anywhere for download or purchase, and can't find it on Soulseek. Anyone know what I'm talking about and can help me find this album? It was ridiculous.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but...it's on SoulSeek

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Weaponized Autism posted:

I can get SOME of the individual songs, but I'm looking for the Birthday Bash album in its entirety.

SoulSeek depends on other users to get files, so you sometimes need to sign onto it at different times and days of the week to find stuff you otherwise might not.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DiabloNachos posted:

I've been trying to find a Conan O'Brien intro that goes like :

"Last time on Conan O'Brien" and then it shows a bunch of made up clips from previous episodes where Andy was poisoned, and generally a bunch of evil behind the scenes/backstabbing stuff was going on, like the show was Dallas or something.

It wasn't during the TBS era, it was older than that.

Failing that, there's a show when he went to California and Andy sleeps with the actress Conan wants, that's another one I haven't seen in forever.

I know this isn't a big help but there is a guy on YouTube named Bobblehead Conan who uploads a ridiculous amount of 90s Conan. If anyone has it, he does.

One Conan sketch I'm dying to find (I can't even find anyone on the internet talking about it) was from the late 90s where he makes some lame joke, I think about Jennifer Lopez's rear end. It was a terrible joke and then all of a sudden the show turns into a courtroom setting where they debated whether or not the joke sucked. It was absolutely hilarious and was one of the few things besides George Carlin that both me and my mother bonded over in terms of comedy. I wish I could find it if only to show it to her again.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DiabloNachos posted:

I've been trying to find a Conan O'Brien intro that goes like :

"Last time on Conan O'Brien" and then it shows a bunch of made up clips from previous episodes where Andy was poisoned, and generally a bunch of evil behind the scenes/backstabbing stuff was going on, like the show was Dallas or something.

It wasn't during the TBS era, it was older than that.

Failing that, there's a show when he went to California and Andy sleeps with the actress Conan wants, that's another one I haven't seen in forever.

This is crazy timing; Conan's youtube literally just uploaded it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTKw2Kw3Ktw

Turns out it was Max that was poisoned.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 2, 2020

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Jean Pony posted:

I don't remember what the character looks like. The most vivid image is the flying mouths. There might have been some evil lawnmowers as well. It's a game I tried when I was very young, but it was too creepy for me, so I stopped playing. I'd like to revist just to see how creepy it actually was.

This is definitely Monster Party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smzLdlmWyVk

And yeah the game is creepy as hell. There is a prototype version of the game floating around that somehow manages to be even more creepy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Trichord posted:

It's a song. Amazing, I love it. Youtube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHcfwidfq4
It's called "St. Lucia - Elevate (Jeremy Olander Remix)"
There's people on SoulSeek who have the 320kbps unreleased real version of the song, but they will only trade it for other unreleased songs. I'd give my left nut for this song. If any of you all got this, you'd be hero material.

I find that if you PM people on soulseek and humbly ask for a song, more often than not the person will hook you up.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

An animated/live action movie (tv show?) where some guy has a magic artist's palette.

Picture Pages?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been searching for this for a couple years and I've basically given up.

I love the sample at the beginning of this music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTG8U-FzmZg

It can be heard at 47 seconds into the video.

It's obviously an old folksy religious song from forever ago but I thought it was such a cool intro for a hip hop song. I check Youtube every once in a while for "God's Gonna Set This World on Fire" but none of them are ever the source of the sample.

Whosampled.com doesn't have it (obviously the first place I checked).

I'm starting to wonder how the producer of this song found the drat thing in the first place.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

Sounds like the Louvin Brothers.

e. holy poo poo there are a lot of recordings of this song

Checked out the Louvin Brothers; could not find anything that said they ever covered this song, unfortunately. :(

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This one has been eating at me for the better part of a decade. Every once in a while I'll search the internet for it but nothing comes up.

I could have sworn back in the mid 90s or so that Sega had a slogan that was "That's My Word!". As in, the voice over would say "Genesis...That's my word!!" or something like that. It also could have been "Mark my word!" or "Mark my words!". I always remember the slogan following the name of the product.

I'm thinking it wasn't Sega because their fans obsessively document everything from their history and I can't find this ever being a slogan they had. So it must have been for another video game type thing, or even just something completely not related to gaming but with the same "edgy" ads Sega had.

Anyone have any clue what the hell I'm talking about?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpancakes posted:

Are you possibly remembering scenes from the movie "The Big Hit"?

I definitely never seen that so I doubt it. Unless they used that slogan in the commercials for it? But I just watched a commercial for it on YouTube and didn't hear it.

I distinctly remember singing to myself "Sega Genesis...That's...My...Word!" over and over again.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah I'm a big 90s hip hop fan, in fact the way I remember it being said was similar (if not an actual direct sample) from this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlEhJUD-1pk

It appears at exactly 2:30.

I listened to all of the commercials you linked, it seemed like the first ToeJam and Earl commercial was getting extremely close to saying it but it ended up not. So I'm thinking it probably was a Sega commercial now. Only to find out which one.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Escape Goat posted:

There was a Mad Magazine comic (I'm pretty sure it was Mad) where an artist was staring at a blank canvas and struggling with creativity. So he takes LSD and then paints the entire room, but the canvas is still blank. Maybe it was Far Side, who knows.

I think Mad is scanned/archived... I had a giant CD set at one point in my misspent youth. but not the kind of thing you can search for and god knows when I saw it (or how old the issue was).

I have the "Absolutely MAD" DVD; it has every issue in it. I extracted all the PDFs so I can search the contents in Windows. Do you have any other search terms besides LSD?

edit: I went through 26 issues that had "LSD" in them and none matched what you are saying. But if "LSD" was written as a drawing instead of text, it won't come up in my searches.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 2, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I have a movie I'm trying to identify, but I don't have much to go on. Throughout the 2000s, I was downloading :filez: faster than I could ever watch them. Fast-forward a while later, and I had forgotten what it was, the file name was no help and whoever ripped it cut the credits off presumably to save a few precious mb. Fast-forward to the early 2010s and when it was uploaded to my Plex server, it was misidentified.

Although I started to watch it a few times, I never made it more than 5 minutes into it before shutting it off thinking it was going to turn into torture porn that was popular in the 2000s. While I'm a big horror fan, that subgenre just isn't for me...but I don't know for sure that it was.

All I know is that it was a horror movie that most likely made between 2005 and 2010. It started off in the woods and there were two women who I believe were being kept in pits in the ground or similar. They escape and start running and are chased by their captor. They're both filthy and wearing tattered clothes and I feel like it's raining during the opening scene too.

I know it's not much to go on, but if it turns out to be more of a revenge movie than torture porn, I might finally watch this mystery movie just so I'll stop thinking about it every once in a while.

Off by a year but is it Cabin in the Woods?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Not Appearing posted:

No, definitely not that. I wish I could remember what Plex kept naming it because it may have been close to the real name.

If you still have that same computer that Plex is installed on the downloaded poster is probably still on there.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I remember when I was really small seeing on the news that some family was somehow reunited because of the movie Twins. It had something to do with someone recognizing an extra in the background as a long lost relative or something like that.

It always popped into my mind now and then but I can't find anything on it. It was definitely like a legit news story. I remember it being in the media for a while but I can't find anything about it. I was too young to understand it and I'd love to know what the hell that backstory was.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Hirayuki posted:

I found this in the IMDb entry for "Twins":

Might be a start!

I can't believe I remembered the movie correctly! I was 6 years old at the time!

I wish they gave a bit more info though so I could find some newspaper articles about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

uvar posted:

Thanks Hirayuki, it didn't even occur to me to check the IMDB page, and I gave up quickly because it seemed impossible to separate articles about the plot of Twins from people getting reunited because of Twins. But the Santa Fe bit was enough:

The article goes on, https://infoweb.newsbank.com/apps/n...28207E95A848360 if you have access to that through a library or something. Oh, or here's another version that's freely available https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/03/07/Quirks-in-the-News/6248605250000/

Holy poo poo thank you so much! Even as a little kid I wondered how the hell seeing someone in a movie would reunite them with that person and the answer is finally solved! 🍻