Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

exactly what I've been saying to all these lazy rear end "Kirk Cousins needs to step up this year" and "100 million guaranteed DURRR" comments I've been seeing all around the nfl media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPUG9FfrY9c

Like, the dude's still kirk cousins, he's not gonna turn into Patrick Mahomes but he had a career year last year and was basically as good as you could ever hope for.

Cousins had such a trash offensive line too. I feel like people are sleeping hard on the Vikings. If they fix their offensive line problems, they are as complete a team as there is in the NFL.

Last season, the Vikings were a crushing disappointment based on expectations and still finished above .500.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

I agree with one caveat: wide receivers. They've got Thielen and Diggs, who are fantastic late-round/undrafted gems. But you saw Treadwell dropping crucial passes in that video and the dudes they've brought in behind those top two guys are questionable to say the least (Chad Beebe, Brandon Zylstra, a few other guys I don't know). The whole offense could fall apart if Thielen gets injured.

But the main thing the Vikings need to be able to do is run the drat ball. With their defense what they should be is a ball control offense that methodically moves down the field, NOT a team relying on loving Kirk Cousins to go totally ham through the air on third and long over and over. I couldn't possibly imagine a worse gameplan than that

I'm confused. Are you saying the Vikings wide receivers aren't good?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

LabyaMynora posted:

Generally speaking, aristocratic dynasties tend to go the other way the further down the lineage you go.

No, no, no. When you keep the bloodlines pure, you become even better. Like taking the finest of wines and throwing them in a blender.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Play posted:

Wasn't it really cold? Seems like that would prevent the ball from really going and necessitate a bit of extra umph. Not that another dude couldn't have done a better job

Pretty sure he was supposed to have a pretty big leg. Otherwise, why pay him all that money?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Honestly, I'm surprised the Lions one isn't somehow sadder.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MikeCrotch posted:

I saw a guy on the train wearing a Blake Bortles jersey the other day.

I live in Nottingham, England.

This probably makes aboutt as much sense as me being a Lions fan I guess

Jags play one London game a year, so it makes perfect sense

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Fenrir posted:

The former isn't completely out of the realm of possibility, but the latter sounds like something you'd come up with after a long hard session of heavy drinking while huffing diesel fumes.

Only if huffing those diesel fumes makes you prescient!

2019 MVP TRUBINSKY MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!

:v:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

I remember feeling like an insane homer for thinking the Bears should have been in the mix for Mack before the trade and then being very happy with the price they paid to get him. One of the few times in my life that optimism about a sports team ended up being justified

Just went back and checked the TFF thread when the news broke and soooo many people were calling it a lose/lose deal. Someone even laughed at the Bears because Mack wouldn't know the playbook for the season opener :lol:

I remember a lot of people saying the Bears wouldn't make the playoffs with Mack because they spent too much draft capital.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hope

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I have a similar diet, only when I crave a Krispy Kreme, I buy a dozen and cover them in maple syrup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Love it