Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I do not have cats atm but it turns out that you can timeshare them just by putting food out and talking to them.

Six Dinner Sid is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can we have "polls are meaningless" somewhere in the OP please

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kind of burying the lede of them having invented time travel IMO

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Surprise T Rex posted:

Yeah it legit queues out of the door most days, it's mental.

never underestimate how charging twice as much for something can delude people into thinking it's somehow twice as good

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

njsykora posted:

Their doughnuts are flavourless shite as well. I'm reminded of that the hard way every time I'm tempted by them in the cabinet at Tesco.

I enjoy how they're always at the other end of the shop from the bakery to stop people from making the immediate price comparison

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

But how are we going to binge eat to combat the onset of clinical depression and get rid of the bucketloads of candy from Halloween?

forget candy, this 31st October I'm going round asking for tinned food

and making notes of the houses which have big ground floor windows and no dogs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Here’s one for you guys, the estate agent for the flat we moved out of is tying to stiff us to clean the carpet, saying it needs to be professionally cleaned. Our argument is that it’s been cleaned perfectly well, and indeed to a better standard to how it was when we moved in. There are photos.

What’s the best way to tell them to go do one?

Is the deposit with the DPS? If so you can dispute their assessment of what you're owed and the burden of proof is on them to show that the cleaning was necessary.

e: a catte reacting to Boris Johnson as PM

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Philosophical Cat-Sitting Question of the Day:

if you were going to eat tinned cat food, would you prefer it room temperature or cold out of the fridge?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

crispix posted:

Don't eat the cat's food, OP :catstare:

Tacit rule of cat sitting. It shouldn't need to be said.

I was just feeding him and started wondering about keeping open tins of cat food in the fridge

like even with the skinniest cat they don't last more than 36 hours and just the idea of that meat and jelly being cold feels wrong somehow

(I promise I am not high right now)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

Make a nice pie case, and have at it.

Some of the cat food combinations are bizarre, but hey, it might taste alright.

chicken and duck seems like an odd choice

I guess it's too expensive for Sainsbury's to do one that's just duck on its own

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Also cheesy chips always sound nice and always end up being poo poo so they can safely go. Chips and gravy and chips and curry sauce are both abominations, which leaves chips and peas as the only sensible choice.

90% of chippies just chuck a handful of cheese on top of the chips so it doesn't melt properly but just kind of congeals a bit. The secret to a godly cheesy chips is layering - if there isn't at least one layer of cheese in the middle of the chips then they can :getout:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
definitely subscribing to UKMP if it'll teach me how to cook meth

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
tea is poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

namesake posted:

UKMP try outs are a dramatic reading of this.

we should do a dramatised reenactment

who's a good foley artist

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I'd love to see it done as a light opera.

brb, writing lyrics for "I am the very model of an anarcho-capitalist"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

If you turn on the news it's basically a bunch of vultures praying for a dam to collapse so they can get the money shot and then spend the next week or so pointing cameras at crying families.

luckily there is an easy remedy for this

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

That's a separate spinoff podcast. Pissflaps presents Scotpol, featuring Coohoolin and Jedit.

the first podcast in the world to have negative subscribers

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm probably being super racist but I've always wondered about this because as far as I can see she's... not black?

she's mixed-race, which to the kind of gammons who camp out for a week to wave a flag whenever a royle babby gets popped out means she may as well be straight off a marmalade jar

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

:gritin:

move over cassetteboy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The Sign of Four is seriously problematic to read nowadays.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

His whole chart makes no sense. Counting supermarkets and a chemist as fast food because they sell meal deals but not including coffee shop chains like Starbucks, Costa, Nero etc. Then he's got restaurant chains where some branches facilitate takeaways but no all such as Pizza Express. He's just picked a bunch of brands he knows that sell food.

it's also hilariously London-centric, like I'd guess a good third of those brands don't have more than one store outside London each

e: Shake Shack 9 London branches 1 non-London (Cardiff)
Pizza Pilgrims 10 London branches 1 non-London (Oxford)
Garfunkel's 7 London branches 1 non-London (Bath)
Angus Steakhouse 5 London branches 0 non-London

and I don't even know what that P&B logo is but gently caress listening to this guy for more than 5 seconds to find out

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 5, 2019

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
well if there were no Hispanics in the US then there couldn't be any hate crimes

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do you think it's the source of the leaks?

personally I'm all in favour of the RAF dropping 70 tons of sandbags onto it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Absolutely nothing to indicate that the perpetrator was anything to do with the Labour party, yet they manage to make it sound like the Labour party are running death camps. Getting sick of this. Especially as they haven't opened comments under this article (which is rare for the Independent).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/antisemitic-jews-dirty-st-albans-police-video-assault-labour-jeremy-corbyn-a9040191.html

Found the twitter feed. More than a few calling him out on smearing labour in this.

https://twitter.com/tswyatt/status/1158475056361680896

stage 1 of the process was to get everyone to internalise "Labour are antisemitic"

stage 2 is to get everyone to internalise "antisemites are Labour"

e: have a relaxed catte

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 6, 2019

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
man Danny Baker has fallen hard since the BBC fired him

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

How does he account for crime being much lower than during the heyday of public corporal punishment in the 18th and 19th centuries?

imagine expecting logic and reasoning from a boomer's lead-addled smoothbrain

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
^at least I edited it out so people didn't have to witness it twice

Bardeh posted:

did you know that EU supergirl also wrote and illustrated a book? it's about as good as her singing

imagine paying to copyright this poo poo

imagine

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Zephirus posted:

Remain Stache dude clearly not having much luck with partners, given the err.. relative disparity in muscle mass

conclusive evidence that the fubpees will still be complaining about Brexit even after 3 more countries have left the EU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jedit posted:

Brexit has pushed support for remaining in the EU up to an average 80% in the other 27 states.

oh no

my joke about an extremely lovely drawing is not factually accurate

whatever shall I do

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine how happy all the gammons will be when we can actually grow Yorkshire Tea in Yorkshire

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
loving lol that the shy Tories are now parroting literal Tory attack lines

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rarity posted:

Realtalk: Rowdy Ringsports and Games are both secret hotbeds of left-wing theory and I love them for it :allears:

SAS in general is much more left-wing than you might think a forum comprising 90% American sports fans would be.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
looks like Radio 4 have managed to commission something even loving worse than Dead Ringers

I had it on for a maximum of three minutes and honestly I've been to funerals that were funnier

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
can't believe Epstein managed to tie his hands behind his back then drown himself in his own toilet

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
being that Epstein was (allegedly) a purveyor of underage girls to the world's elite there are quite literally hundreds of people who would rather see him dead than alive and testifying

wouldn't surprise me if the screws who had shifts guarding his particular section spent the last couple of weeks playing all the bidders off against each other until they'd got a high enough offer to do him in

e: catte harness in action

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 10, 2019

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

The voyager probe has recordings of Bach's violin sonatas played by Arthur Grumiaux as the pinnacle of earthly music and hell, they're not wrong.

loving :laffo: trust the STEMlords to pick Bach as the best composer

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

:hmmyes:

(actually if I was sending music to aliens it would just be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDjBNgwX-U)

(e; what are you some sort of kachaturian stan? rachmaninoff? loving mahler (lol)?)

Shostakovich, Dvorak, Mendelssohn, and yes some bits of Mahler are pretty good if you're in the mood for it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
yeah turns out that if you're good enough at what you do people will remember you a hundred years after you're dead, who knew

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

My point wasn't really that you were namechecking dead classical composers, more that you would take apparently huge issue with JS Bach, and then present as an alternative... a handful of the other main heavy hitters of the Western canon. They're all good

E: also I don't care about whether individual orchestral composers are technically"classical" or not, we all know what we're talking about

I don't have a problem with Bach in general except that I find some of his stuff (especially compositions for one instrument like the aforementioned violin sonatas or the cello suites or the preludes and fugues) generally not that interesting, it feels like they're based too much around technique and specific patterns rather than having any sort of depth to them. Some Bach is good though, when I played in a string orchestra at uni we'd do one of the Brandenburgs most terms (though if you're one of those people who insist on only using "authentic" instruments you can gently caress right off)

One of the reasons I like Shostakovich so much is that there's so much going on beyond/behind the music, you can really feel that he was pouring his soul out into it, rather than someone like Bach (or indeed Mozart) who was writing just to pay the bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Miftan posted:

I can understand classic music being impressive on a rational level but it actually just bores me to tears so I listen to Streetlight Manifesto and Dead Prez instead.

not to have a massive go at you but everyone I've met who's ever said that is basing it on an infinitesimally small sample

I'm pretty sure it's basically impossible for anyone who likes some form of music to find the entire output of 500+ years boring