Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I like it when the numbers go up, but sometimes the numbers go down! Did I break something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Peachfart posted:

omg, corgi

I totally forgot why there was a Corgi there. But it was a great idea at the time.

I feel like that is 70% of the games brainstorming sessions.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Eldercain posted:

I'm honestly just kind of stunned he's still working on it. The world has left him behind and the mechanics are just so heavily out of date with current good designs in idlers

The man could've made infinity dollars but he kinda just vanished when he was at the top of the world.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Atoramos posted:

Honestly iOS/App store sales can supposedly be pretty great for this kind of thing but ymmv

Yep, but they would require a complete ui redesign likely and be more work. Also, offline drops.

I'd be so down though.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Late game AP purchases are also part of the intended progression when you're earning a substantial amount. Having an extra (digger/beard/etc) slot early isn't going to break the game.

The biggest "required" one currently is the evil only accessory slot. It's good!

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

I've already got a few hearts ready for this feature

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

FreshFeesh posted:

Guess I'm going to try out 4G's little project, here goes nothing

The most important thing is joining the discord and finding methods to @ him without appearing to do it to annoy him.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I half want to write some sort of AHK script to automate the fixed target ones.

They exist, on the discord.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Looks like that idle mage game added a prestige mechanic. Buy a wizards hall, you end up with a wizards council, and points you can spend on bonuses to other runs. Then you choose another slot on the council and do a run.

Included upgrades I've seen are improved rest, and another action.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

ScottyJSno posted:

NGU

Any tips for late Evil mode. I am currently grinding my way to be able to sniff Rad land. Maxed out the Exile easy drops. Just crawling along doing 24 rebirths doing wishes and and QP grinding.

Only to wait awhile for the next feature which may help. That's what the rest of the game is at this point.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Merijn posted:

Just posting here to let y'all know Cookie Clicker on Android just updated, and the alpha build has prestiging! :D
You can switch from live to alpha on the About page, and import your live save.

How did he even make that game in the first place

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Merijn posted:

....Javascript?

More of a project management question

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Yes - Evil plus. I was asking mostly because the bonuses are spread between perks and quirks and wishes in 1s and I couldn't find a stat for it to determine whether it went 1:1 with all the bonuses or if I was just losing count while clicking through the various menus and hunting out the ones I'd already unlocked.

If it were 1:1 then I'd get some more merge slots and put my quest items in there, but at 2:1 it's really only useful for compressing too many quest items from idling and I'm better off simply getting more inventory slots.

Its mainly a sanity upgrade from moving an entire page of items to a different page.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Kin posted:

So if i've managed to beat boss 150, i probably should have beaten Walderp already right?

Edit: i've only got 1 more bearded axe to get to max out the Beardverse set too.

Except for the very start of Evil, you're gonna unlock new adventure stuff way earlier than you can handle it. Cause the opposite is more boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

What's faster when I first hit Evil mode, doing a ton of 1-hour rebirths to take advantage of early bonuses and a single level of fruit, or 24-hour rebirths to get a full hit of yggdrasil every time?

Also, instantly go into a basic challenge when you get into Evil.