Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

That thing the central node does every time it hits 42 is really annoying, NGL.

It feels like its just there to make everything take more time. The first few times was fine as it actually did something but the 100th time, when its happening while i need it to stay at 42 to act as a catalyst feels completely pointless.
if i remember correctly, you can stop it from hitting 42 and keep it steady at whatever value you desire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Jaxts posted:

It's good to know that even after all of these years I still shouted "ce n'est pas possible" when seeing that pineapple
c'est possible!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

are there any new idle games that have ends like spaceplan or universal paperclip etc etc
"The Supplier's Complex" is a p fun, short idle game w/ a definite end

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

xiw posted:

Also the vaporiser does it do anything except give magic XP? I seem to get a million times more just by trying to use the closest magic spring instead
Vaporizing gold gives you five mana. Generally pretty inefficient, yeah.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
so i've hit a wall in The Prestige Tree (my game state: https://imgur.com/a/LGPcmNR)

there's only one challenge left ("slowed to a halt"), which seems impossible to complete atm.

the only possibility i can see is either in space config, or just grinding quarks & hindrance (extremely unappealing).

thanks for the help!

crime weed fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 5, 2020

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

E: Oh my loving god I looked it up and luckily found a reddit thread with that exact problem. As it turns out, in the time halt challenge, the time resets if you prestige, so just pressing E to enhance a few times easily gets you the challenge.
:cripes::cripes::cripes:

thank you

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
so, the latest Evolve update --- question about soul gems & the new content:

is there some trick to getting to 2000 gems for the towers - apart from waiting? Do the mysterious pillars boost gem drop rate? If you get enough security, does that reduce the soul gem cost somehow? Or do I just need to wait 70 hours for the gems to trickle in?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

Have you scouted and secured the Pit yet?
Yup!

Garfu posted:

Touching the ancient pillars and spending a harmony crystal with each SPECIES will lower the required soul gem amount by 12 per gate. However, the best way to farm soul gems is to boost attractors. The more attractors the more gems. Try to pump your attractors up as high as you can while still keeping a foothold with your fortress. More predator drones, more war droids, more gun emplacements.

I don't think this needs a spoiler cause this is like sandcastle builder levels of gobbledygook
yup, did that! definitely not gonna reset 43 times to get the 500 discount, but it's a neat little feature for sure.

and yeah, maxxing attractors seems like the only way to improve drop rate at this point - up to 42/hour! Only 35 hours left to go!! 🙂👍

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Garfu posted:

Yes, 2 additional prestiges past the black hole, a lot of content.

I've always said evolve is best played sped up a lot. Still provided me a few months of entertainment even sped up 20x
what's the console command to speed up tickspeed?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
pretty cool idle game based around closed-loop water cycles on a planetship:

http://stopsign.github.io/Terrafold/

notes:
*starts super-active, then suddenly becomes super-idle
*your soil is limited, and you can't delete farms. don't overbuild them, or you'll get softlocked; i ran comfortably off 20 for the initial phase of the game.
*there doesn't appear to be an export/import system? if someone figures out how to export/import, please let me know!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

I think you can avoid that softlock if you make sure to get the science to unlock computers before you run out of land.
Oh no, the potential softlock occurs *after* the computer and before the space station

If you use up too much land, you wont be able to get enough trees to afford the 5 million oxygen cost

(And yeah, you can turn ore to dirt, but that takes *forever*)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
So, some dude decided to revamp Space Company's UI + start adding updates:

NG Space Company!
https://ngspacecompany.exileng.com/

It still suffers from Space Company's storage mechanic, so I highly recommend dumping this into the console whenever you idle:

code:
setInterval(() => {
 document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragecarbonS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemetalS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemetalS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegemS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragewoodS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesiliconS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageuraniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelavaS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragelunariteS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragemethaneS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragetitaniumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragegoldS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragesilverS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStoragehydrogenS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageheliumS1').click()
document.querySelector('#tpUpgradeStorageiceS1').click()
}, 3000)
(this automatically clicks all the storage upgrade buttons every 3 seconds. reload the page to turn it off)

also, if you'd like to auto-build dyson sphere stuff
code:
var btns = document.getElementsByClassName('btn')
setInterval(() => { btns[FIGURE OUT WHICH BUTTON HERE] }, 3000)
(the button doesnt have an ID as of this post, so you'll have to find it yourself sorry)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 30, 2021

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Re: resource grid

Has anyone figured out how to edit saves/access the game's internals through console?

I lost my save, and clock-scummed my way back to my previous status, but I didn't anticipate the secondary safeguard against scumming that had been programmed in, so my game's a little broken now (your respec timer is tied to your save's timestamp)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Lilli posted:

Finally managed to get 37 clusters for the divine factory, 37th cluster was miserable, required 8.5UD replicanti. Highly recommend making an upgrade II potion for replicanti boost II if you plan on doing a run for it, but I cant imagine doing clusters 40 to 42, going to be nightmarish.
it probably would be, but I don't think there are (currently) any features locked behind those clusters; the unlocks end at the city currently

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
houses add ~3 minutes to your timer; they're almost always worth it - it's basically 3 free minutes of skill grinding (the longer you focus on & grind one skill during a lifetime the more efficiently you gain instinct)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
for anyone interested in starting a new space company run, here's a save file that basically fixes the horrible storage system (by giving you dimensional storage right off the bat):

code:
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
alternatively, you can add this to your save file @ the end of your items array (you can use this to decode your save):
code:
      {
         "id": "dmUpgdDimensionRift",
         "unlocked": true,
         "count": 1
      }

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
this has already been posted but

https://semenar.itch.io/incremental-game-jam-game

The incremental game jam game is kinda cool. Starts off a little slow, and then branches out to a big grab-bag of smaller incremental games. Some of them are hit-or-miss, but overall a neat experience.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

xiw posted:

loop odyssey endings: am I missing something? I've blown up the crystals and killed the demon king and gone back to the necromancer afterwards, but I can't get an actual ending and the achievements don't trigger - any hints for actually triggering an ending?
did u throw the slug by the mana beam into the fire?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
new (extremely) beta game by Spotky1004

Module Incremental
https://spotky1004.com/Module-Incremental-Beta/

Game doesn't explain itself well, so:
*First prestige adds prestige points to your pool
*The next prestige will cash in those points for random module drops
*The blue "2.00" button is the prestige point requirement for the next "Upgrader" buy

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

It's ridiculous how often I've seen an upgrade that costs, say, 1e6 of a resource so you spend an hour waiting for it to go up to 1e6. Then you can't buy the upgrade because actually you only have 5e5, and the upgrade actually costs 1.4e6 :arghfist:

Does selecting a higher level for a module before you equip it actually do anything or are the arrows just there so you can preview costs?
to my best knowledge it's for previewing costs so you can set up your spreadsheets

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

pixaal posted:

Name sounded familiar same kid that made resource grid. That never got too far past the beta feel and felt like it had places to go. Has spotky1004 done anything else? I like following idle game development but if this is unlikely to go places and be as spotty and random as updates on resource grid it kind of loses that. A really buggy game with updates multiple times a week with new stuff throw in with bug fixes is a fun and interesting experience with half finished poorly documented features. A game that does the same but on a time scale of months instead of hours or days is just low effort.

There's a big difference between this is broken and has been for months, and oh this is new how does this work? Does this work? No this doesn't work. Maybe it will work tomorrow.

I'm not counting it as down and out but so far based on the posts itt and the dev this seems like it will be forgotten.
he's made a bunch, but the other big game the dev made was calculator evolution

https://spotky1004.com/Calculator-Evolution

the dude definitely develops in bursts, but i do like analyzing his UI design + code

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
So, I was stuck at the upgrader 6 wall, and decided to

Save up for the "Sacrifice Module" (upgraded once) without buying goldmine.

A couple prestiges later:

:eyepop:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rynoto posted:

As changing Governors costs plasmids be careful which you choose per run.

MAD-tier Governors: Sports to counteract stress and keeping morale multiplier high if knowledge cap isn't needed; Educator if knowledge cap is a problem; or Soldier for faster combat if the morale production isn't needed.

Bioseed-tier: Educator again becomes useful for the ballooning knowledge requirements; Media to counter stress until you pick up Content from Genetics and a lesser amount of knowledge; Noble for more citizens which can become scarce; and Spiritualist for the factory production.

BH+: Criminal as CCR starts becoming very powerful at this point and only gets stronger while money quickly becomes a non-issue. Soldier maybe as a backup for early Hell if you're losing people too fast.

In the end the various boosts aren't too strong except for the earliest game and by the time you're regularly doing Blackholes and up you'll just automatically run Criminal forever.
The cost scaling effect is particularly strong on non-junk gene ascension runs bringing the thermal collector cost scaling from 1.03 -> 1.025 (huge bump, especially when combined with a secondary cost scaling reduction)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

Fair enough, I'll have to give Criminal another shot then.
If you're going deep space, I'd recommend starting off Sports & switching to criminal for the final push; the morale goes a long way, and the reduction in surveyor deaths & recovery is sweet.

e: tried switching to criminal & the morale hit sucked rear end. maybe just sports all the way lol

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Jade Rider posted:

Been feeling the idle game itch again. What's cool and good lately?
orb of creation was updated for Patreons; it's a biiiiiiiiiig one, game moves a lot faster, lots of new mechanics & a changed up early game. i like it a lot so far

it'll be coming out on Steam March 30th, but if you want in early:

https://www.patreon.com/marplegames

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is the early game less fiddly? The last update made it way more so than I remember early builds and it turned me off of it
the interface has definitely been improved --- you can preview the spells to learn, and it tells you the requirements. wording of effects also feels more clear. leveling up spells is a little more clear too

the early game is also faster (i think?) and more idling options open up sooner

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

This exotic mass in the black hole is taking loving forever even with 9 mass ejectors (to be 10 in a few hours). I've been running it on and off for like 3 days now and I'm still only at 0.0136 solar masses of exotic matter.
exotic mass is based on your infernite & elerium gather rate, not really your # of ejectors

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
in order to get through truepath in a reasonable amount of time, do i need blood infusions, or are just a handful of ascensions & 60% mastery enough?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rynoto posted:

You could probably do MAD and Bioseed truepath but Apoc would likely not even be possible for storage reasons.

For comparison it took over a week at 200%+ mastery, 3k phage + many more plasmids, and 50+ harmony crystals for ccr and all the crispr + many blood infusions to do t3.

It's the most endgame content right now.
holy heck, whatta slog

is the experience notably different?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
has anyone else noticed that there's something very broken going on with high-pop + theology zigs?

the bonus if 4x higher (1.25x -> 2x @ 80 priests); not even sure how its happening yet, i've been looking through the code, and it should be accounting for it.

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 31, 2022

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

I'm working my way through my 25th distinct MAD for the auto-pick perk, after I get it what should I shoot for first, a few 3-star MADs (I have the craftsmen stuff all picked) or a 0-star Bioseed? Not done either yet.
the best bang for your buck is 3* bioseed; pick unique planets with lots of unique traits

grab governor ASAP

ascending should be your next priority after that, as custom races are OP (i recommend 1-2* with 4/5 cost creep CRISPR)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Randalor posted:

When should I start picking up the permanent traits with Plasmid in Evolve, and which ones should I focus on?

And at what point should I switch from doing bioseed runs to doing all of the 3* MADs?
the wiki lists the minor traits available; there are some that a pretty clearly stronger than others.

id recommend getting one point in the strongest ones early, then put a few more in once you're at 300+ phage.

note that bought traits count double

how i rank things:
*content - free morale, though you only need one point in it (add more once rich)
*tactical - huge combat bonus. each point is a 10% increase
*cunning - huge hunting bonus (10%), a couple phage dumps is basically a major racial trait
*promiscuous - necessary for hell, extra points QOL that speed up early game + takes the edge off high pop's slow growth
*ambidex - nice crafting bonus; worth sinking points into once you're phage rich
*metallurgist - free alloys
*fibroblast - solid regen bonus, only really nice for early game, but it reeeeaaaaly speeds up soldier healing early on.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Tei posted:

I started playing Evolve
https://pmotschmann.github.io/Evolve/

... I don't know what to think. It started as some sort of Swarmsim and now it feels like the Cats games (I evolved to humans). It has some ideas, but ....

is this a good incremental? I have not explored it enough to have a opinion yet.
it's fine

the biggest upside is you can play it basically forever if you want

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

isn't this true of most of these games? games that actually end feel rarer

I played through Evolve back when Plasmids were basically the end, and now people are talking about blood sacrifices to open portals to hell and whatnot, feels like there's a lot of shenanigans afoot

but I'm really not in the market for something like a Trimps that goes along forever with increasing necessity for external scripts to automate the crummy parts. I think I got my fill of that with Kingdom of Loathing
you can get through the four reset types listed above fairly quickly; with a few cost creep upgrades and Governor, you can knock out an a 1* Ascension fairly painlessly, and it's pretty fun

knocking out 1* and 2* asses with a good custom race can be fun --- broken combos are really satisfying

after that you're in Trimps territory if you're aiming for collecting 4* a achievos. the hell path takes a tooon of idling, and you'll probably want to cheat in prestige resources if you want to experience True Path without a massive grindfest

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
shrines are broken for ascensions b/c they bust through the early & lategame knowledge grind (and you can get a 10-20% steel boost on top to boot)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
re: synergism

what's the correct timing for automated ant sacrifices

it seems like shorter sac timers get worse over time as ELO goes up, but maybe im missing something

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i enjoy getting lost in the wasd halls of grass cutting incremental

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rynoto posted:

It's a very slow burn game.

For actual content I've been enjoying: Unnamed Space Idle has been surprisingly fun despite the name. Decent amount of systems to interact with and very idle friendly, especially with upgrades you can get from doing achievements.
this game is a pretty fun twist on NGU; thanks for linking it!

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
not sure if they patched it, but space theology gets mega broken by insect races

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

How fast is the average reset in USI? I never got that much into NGU (or that DBZ protagonist game it was based on for that matter) because of each reset being a day long.
I also looked at USI before but completely disregarded it because of the name :v:
my experience was:

*first few resets were active-play speed; a constant drip of new features
*after that it starts to slow down
*now at sector 20, and it's slowed down to something to do every half-day or so (might be optimizing incorrectly; i suspect i should be pouring all my points into synth base production, but i really wanna save up for the next synth slot)