Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Okay unless Evolve speeds up drastically after the first reset, or I'm doing something wrong, I don't think this is for me. I'm waiting for my soldiers to heal so I can go on more pillages since they're the only thing giving me meaningful resources, so I can get coal to get the Rotary Kiln because it's basically the only upgrade left that doesn't require Titanium (which I don't have and can't get yet), or only applies to crates/containers/mercenaries, and I get randomly attacked by a rival city and lose most of my soldiers, so now I have to wait another 20 minutes or something to try pillaging for coal again. This is super frustrating.

Open coal mines for coal, it's much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Arcanuse posted:

Theresmore patch just rolled out.

Is there a link to an updated battle calc? might as well annihilate more enemies forever :3

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Before I go digging in the past pages/on the discord, how does the battle calculations work again? I remember someone saying that having a balanced army is a trap based on how the math works. You're supposed to just go full bore shock troops right?

Basically, the enemy will have one or two types of units, sometimes three.
The two rules I have on hand are...

quote:

When one unit is strong against anything in the opposing army, that unit gets +100% attack

Battle order
Tank -> Shock -> Ranged -> Rider -> Tank
Weakness order
Tank <- Shock <- Ranged <- Rider <- Tank

So if you use the spreadsheet (or a swarm of spy units, i guess) and figure out what army type you're fighting, you can go hog wild with their weakness, activate the prayers and buffs, then slam your troops into theirs to win.

If you had a balanced army, roughly half of them would be mediocre, 25% of them would weak to the enemy forces, and 25% would be strong against them.

If you're sending in late order units, a small deployment of tanks should be enough to slow the enemy down.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

quote:

Was wrong about Theresmore combat!

Well poo poo. I sat there with an old cheat sheet open and tried to relay what it told me.

Thanks for the corrections!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Theresmore has a weird prestige curve. Like, usually the gameplay pattern is you play until the content is numerically overwhelming then ascend to gain major benefits allowing for further progression. In this it looks like you can beat it on the first run or two and prestiges are nice QOL boosts but won't meaningfully change the next gameplay loop. So, like, whats the point?

If you're crushing all of the opposing angel armies on your second run, I would like to see your builds, please. :)

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Like this? I'll be damned, that is better but I cant figure out why

Blue is multiplier, not green :V

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I've been playing Your Chronicle and using the guide linked inside the game on occasion, and it seems to think the Queen Bee summon is very very important, but I've been idling 40+ hours in the Deep of Moon Forest and only seen it six times.

I still have a while to go before reincarnating, but I've trounced the first ending and I'm just kind of puzzled at the low low spawn rates.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Toshimo posted:

I downloaded Your Chronicle on Steam last night and bounced off the UI hard. It felt weirdly unresponsive and made it hard to see what what was actually happening. Is this just how the whole thing is?

For me, it only felt unresponsive and lovely when I tried the mobile layout. It's not entirely intuitive, but it's not a bad UI.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Garfu posted:

I wasn't a fan of that either so I edited the game to allow all pets to be active at once. I made a few other edits too if people are interested. YC is a great game but gets pretty tedious at certain points until you learn the exact paths to take to reincarnate the fastest.

Things I changed: Formations last an hour (so I didn't have to micro AOE), Max passive party size to 50, Increased shop item duration to a few days instead of an hour, Allow for DR after a minute instead of an hour, Allow to leave the village even if you accidentally click to leave with Norm so you don't have to swap out your party to get Norn to cast 10 times which fucks up the max party size thing I changed, Raised Sin cap a little bit higher than the base

These all sound like great edits.
Are they for the web version only?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Re: Your Chronicle, which school should I go for on my first run?

Warrior.

Also, I had to put the game down because it has such tight reward loops that my ADHD can't escape.

You probably won't have this problem, but... Yeah.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

When is it recommended to unlock and start doing Envy and Pride in My Chronicle? Right now I am in the middle of ED2 runs and considering what to do with my Sin as it comes. I think I might do a long run to try ED03 and build up enough stats to drop The Arbiter and unlock those dudes.

Pride recommends you can clear ED2 before you start it, so you should be fine.

I don't think there's a way to back out of the challenges early.
So be ready, I guess.

I accidentally did ed3 instead of ed2 in my second ed2 run.
It's not that much harder, just a little more waiting.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hey random question on this, is there a way to cancel a formation? With the 1hr duration it can take a while to load a new one.

You can just click a new formation and it swaps instantly?
I just flipped back and forth six times with the 50 minute duration, 1 second cooldown.

Edit: Oh, uncheck the box if it keeps swapping you back, that's the auto cast button!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

Anyone still playing Trimps?

I'm stalling out hard around 200-220. Mastery is incredibly slow to gather, and I need tons of it to reach the next level. I can get to around cell 40 in the Spire but not much further. The biggest Helium upgrades are becoming prohibtively expensive, and I'm not sure what to prioritise. I've been doing Daily challenges but they only net me a few mil extra helium if I actually do them daily.

I feel like there's something I've overlooked, since I've been stuck here for weeks now.

At this point, just go to the Trimps wiki and grab every calculator and push the buttons.
I tried to do Trimps without them, and I kept running into non intuitive walls.
With a few weeks of using the automation helpers, I was up to z530.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

USI challenge talk:
-I breezed through the first Base one, but stalling on the second one. I'm not quite sure what the optimal setup is for base layout? Diminishing returns for the boosters means checkerboard is probably not the best? I have all of the first one unlocked, and like the 1st row (+2 corners) of the 2nd one open. Dunno if I should keep bashing my head on it or just come back later when I can trivialize it.

Come back later with a full second board.

Using boosters on battle multipliers will get you through the second and maybe the third one.

The pink Xs in the third one make everything easy, but it's overkill to wait.

In general, if you stall out a challenge, try two or three loadouts, then come back later. The walls are too steep to be easily overcome.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is #4 clearable in a reasonable time? I have the 6e7 spots but not the 6e9 spots unlocked in base 3 and can't figure out a layout for it (I assume I'm supposed to stack boosters on damage in base 1, since those boosters are way stronger and overcome the loss of raw value on the cell itself)

I used no boosters in base 1, and a ton of boosters to combat multipliers in base 2, then enough drain reduces in base 3 to cancel the penalty out.
Remember to equip weapons with good firing rate and range, because raw damage isn't a factor!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
In USI, am I just missing where you can enter how much void matter you spend per second, instead void matter period?
It's a bit tiring to try and estimate how much void matter i need to spend in chunks of 626 seconds?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

You see the first number after the "Void Matter To Convert:"?
You can edit that.

Don't feel bad for missing it, the UI has a tendency to blend in interactives into the background.

Yes. I can edit that, but sometimes it doesn't let me type in numbers.
And I'd rather set it to a "Void matter per second" not "chunk of void matter"

Like, I can't type in 9e4 but it does let me type in 9e3?

but what I want to do is type in

"6245 void matter per second" and then it goes and does that instead of me doing 6245 * 124 = 774380 void matter, so I put in 774380 void matter."

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Aerox posted:

Getting close to my first ending and first reincarnation in Your Chronicle!
Edit: Or, I guess more broadly, I feel like I have a general handle on the game but is there a shorter guide, or list of suggestions, of what I'm supposed to be angling for on later reincarnations? Is it just following the next storyline as best as possible? Specific unlocks you really are supposed to target the game doesn't necessarily point you towards, etc?

I would recommend doing five of the first ending, then the second ending once, then the third ending once.
If you're using garfu's hax, it's got you super overpowered for where you are! Enjoy it.

Mostly, you're going to want to manage sin and inspiration to channel yourself to unlocking more sin and boosting what you can do with it.

I went Sloth then Greed, to get automation and bonuses from idling in place, and eventually when I'm super OP I'll go back and do pride challenges.

For now, I'm just kind of wiggling around killing highly out of depth enemies and farming seeds and destiny to level my protagonist up.

There's a bit of a gap.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Aerox posted:

Not using the modified files, just playing normal.

I would say try out Mage!
Magic is the easiest one to power boost once you've got the basics under your belt, then tamer.
Eventually you get all to triple class via sin anyways.

I recommend against waiting around and trying to do everything perfect though, just kind of medium speed jog through a few more rebirths until you get gluttony and greed and envy and sloth all going, then let yourself unfurl and experiment.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DemonMage posted:

[mid/late game spoiler] Breeding is probably the best school to go for getting those extra material drops. But it requires pretty high levels for the end game areas to be farmable ).

How will I know I'm in the mid to late game?

I'm able to clear all the way to the top of the thunder tower if I do extreme micro, but I can't get past the boss...

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Sivart13 posted:

But it's very possible a strategy existed I didn't know about. Stun seems inadequate because even with a ton of sources of stun the dragon has "stun resistance" for long enough it's guaranteed to eventually get off a mana-draining spell.

The first time I killed that dragon, I used a ton of poison potions, the axe that poisoned, and nature spell poison, along with every defensive measure I had. Yes including the earth armor and a shield accessory. All runs after that have been easier, but I like the poison ax there anyways.

Also, from now on most bosses will silence, dispel, mana drain or otherwise gently caress with your casts, so be ready to punch them in the face as hard as you can.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Unnamed Space Idle update is huge and very good. The new system is really interesting, and I think there might be another system unlocked later on? This was definitely worth the wait.

They didn't remove the damage wall around section 49 fwiw.
I'm going to need to spend a few days warp grinding before I can get the 10600 unlock

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Toshimo posted:

???

I logged in and immediately shot to 52.

Yeah, i didn't have any of the 6x battle improvement for warp, or any of the red tier stuff. So i spent some time idling and warping and got them and now i'm slightly into 51, barely :)

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Randalor posted:

So I'll bite, I have no idea what to do in Confusion. The first game was straightforward enough (grey screen, click button to make number go up, also have passive NGU, I "beat" it, saw a weird screen then it reset the game)

You missed the real ending to the grey button screen, which is to grab the loose tile near bottom middle, click that button, then save up and auto click enough to press all those buttons at once.

Then you unlock the map, along with features that make other games winnable.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

mirarant posted:

Who would try to cheat...Not sure about this one, maybe related to prestiging into a basic ship and then jumping ahead into a base instead of starting from zone 1?

Close!

You need to swap into the basic ship when you're a while into a run

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

I've gotten everything but base carry 5, compute does require some full glass cannon deflector stuff though because you'll never survive real fire

What was your set up for computer and synth?

I'm just starting the Void Tier of synth stuff, 7/9 for compute, 4/5 for synth, 5/5 power hunger, 4/5 base carry.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Mine Defense is great - if never going to be updated again, and the last few upgrades are absolute hellgrinds, so just stop when you feel done (around the time you're automating raising dragons imo)

Or just use a series of scripts to make the game play itself quickly!

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I've been playing Stone Story RPG, which is a solid idler. It's nice and fun, and includes 1:1 offline progress, with returns capping out around 250 offlibe runs.

It's mostly side scrolling combat with treasure at the end of each (less than four minutes) loop.
Watching the gameplay is solid, and after I got far enough, I unlocked a relatively simple in game scripting language, which makes automation, heading and survival even easier.

I recommend it if you want something simple and goofy to play.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

I mean, people are posting saves itt so others can look through them and let them know what needs to be done. Seems fairly polarizing between people who just blast through it no problems and people who are constantly stymied by whatever the design is here that makes us go "I have no idea why I'm not progressing or what I should be doing".

The "simple" solution to USI is to rotate a tab to the right every two days, build up that tab, rotate, repeat.
Kind of disappointing.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

SettingSun posted:

I picked up a game called Settlemoon that came out this week. Definitely an idle game, but it seems to want the player to figure out its systems with intuition and experimentation to get around its deliberate obfuscation. Got a cool retro look though.

It's super cute and I just keep kind of chilling and making sure my lil moths have the moon and the best merch.

Have you seen two visitors share food yet?
It's a simple animation, but it's adorable.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Settle moon is cute and all my adventurers are having parties and swapping items and i love them.
This game is so far on the idle side, and has full offline progress, but it's just so sweet and cute and low key.

Okay, maybe I also wanted to post this to contrast the body horror goose game.
But I enjoy an idle game that embraces idle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

crime weed posted:

it looks nice, but does it justify the ~$15 price tag?

I honestly think it does.
It's nice and sweet, with minimal words, and you get to customize your moth, set up missions and quests for adventurers, build an entire village, stock it with supplies, decorate the place, and the game itself is very polished and it's easy to glide between different tabs to set up tasks, buy items, check your mail, fill your shop and paint the town.

The town feels like mine, and when i put the stars and the moon back in the sky, the game really makes it feel like the world is coming back to life.

Overall it's very chill, and very well done.