Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Chakan posted:

It's ((pop + soldiers) / 3) + Knowledge Bonus. Knowledge bonus is just "1 plasmid for first 100K knowledge spent, * 1.1 for each additional plasmid." The space reset has a multiplier of 1.015 instead, and gives another prestige currency, phage.

I'm assuming this is taken straight from the code but I still refuse to believe it. I was 100% sure that a soldier counts for more than 1 population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tunahead posted:

I got to the part in Paperclips where drifters wipe out my drones over and over and then I run out of paperclips and have to use memory to buy more. Now I'm at 70k max ops and my swarm has stopped responding, and I can only reboot my swarm by paying 100k ops, but I can only get 100k ops by rebooting my swarm. Is there a way out of this hell or did I softlock the game?

I've had a point where all my drones died to drifters cause I wasn't paying attention but it _should_ be possible to build them up again even if there's, say, 300 billion drifters. Just don't put anything into defense and let your drones build up normally, the battles only take a certain percentage of your drones away so you'll still grow exponentially.
Or do you mean you ran out of everything so completely that you cannot even buy your first drone to start the replication?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Anyone playing Incremental Adventures? It's pretty simple (and very handsoff) but fun.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

I've been running a hp tank/healer at the front and pure DPS behind them. You dont get quite as far per run but I think the per-hour xp is better.

Yeah for pure XP/hour, you're best off splitting both of your heroes between HP and damage. Then once you get 3 heroes, you should go full HP/full damage/full healing. That ensures you get to higher floors which is where the big XP are (especially once you start getting XP prestige upgrades). Also, something that wasn't immediately obvious to me is that the enemies operate exactly like your guys, i.e. you only need one tank at the very front and they will never attack anyone else until he dies.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I don't believe enemies get armor, but the scaling ensures they don't need it. Shield warrior and cleric work well enough to get you to 16, but you'll get prestige before you reach 20.

e: ah yeah, word of warning - if you get to level 2 prestige, it resets level 1 prestige buys along with the other stuff level 1 prestige resets. So be a little a careful about prestiging when the game alerts you that you will earn some higher-level prestige soon.

Yeah when you get your first prestige of a layer always go for x2 XP to speed up the next prestige.

Oh also, in some patch (that happened before I started playing) the dev said he made armor 5 times as strong and it's STILL useless.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I am, and well... it's okay. More than a little jank hurts the experience for me. I appreciate that the dev is very active, because it's going to need a fair bit of work to get solid.

Yeah like I said it's very simple, but I like that. Probably won't hold my attention for months like the big idlers :v:

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 17, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

You got me super-worried about that, but it's a totally normal thing for idle games.

You do a whole bunch of Layer 1 prestiges and build up bonuses. Eventually you can't progress further.

You hit the "layer 2" button and it sets you back to zero, but with some bonus. Again, completely normal for an idle game.

You do a whole bunch of Layer 2 prestiges and build up bonuses. Eventually you can't progress further.

Repeat.

E: "max floor" sticks between layers of prestiges. Not sure if I like that. Maybe it should reset? Maybe it should show both the max and the max this layer? Dev is active, we could shape it.

The max floor doesn't matter for anything except unlocks, why do you care what the max you reached since prestige is?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Two good changes to IA, healers now heal instead of attack when the damage output of the enemy team outpaces their healing (so your tank doesn't eat poo poo in two rounds and your party might last an extra floor), and a new prestige unlock lets your team skip floors if their damage is some amount greater than the enemy team's health.

Those are neat, though to be honest I've found the healer AI to be fine since the patch before that one. They always heal if your tank is below 75% or something like that and it's a tiny edge case that your team will happen to survive an extra floor just because your healers always heal now.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

IA:
I did a quick and dirty time test from prestige of HP tank + healer + 3 DPS vs armour tank + 4 DPS and the armour tank came out significantly ahead.

It was only a short 10 minute test, but for farming level 1 prestige points (PP1?) I think it's the way to go, given the autobuyers prestige you so often.

What about 1 HP tank, 2 DPS, 2 healers? Lets you get way further in floors.
E: Also, what do those armor values look like compared to the tank HP?

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 18, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

1 tank 2 healers 2 DPS doesnt get you any further, really, on the time scale I was testing. Since it was short runs (10-15 minutes) the negatives from lack of DPS far outweighs the extra tanking.

I found it didnt really matter what you used as the tank - i tested pure HP, pure block, cleric mixes, and pally mixes, and at the 10 minute mark, they were all about level 1400-1500. The outright best test was a 200/80 cleric that got 1525 in 9:40 at the end of the 4th run.

With 1 dedicated healer (HP or a 150/25 warrior) it was 1250-1300 at 10 minutes. 1600 at about 14 minutes, after the 3rd run.

With 2 dedicated healers it was worse again, 1300 at 13 minutes after the 2nd run, 1650 at 18:40 after the 3rd run.

I'm not doing repeated tests so the RNG does put in a decent margin of error. Single mob really punishes an armour build.

I had all equal P1 stat upgrades, and all equal at 2 P2 stats except XP and Armor at level 3.

Oh yeah maybe it'll be the same during that timeframe but I really feel like 2 healers allow you to push further and get the giant amounts of XP of later floors. Maybe I'm just getting blidned by the big numbers and these longer runs are way slower, who knows.
Do you have any healing at all on the armor tank?
E: I just tried resetting my armor tank to an HP tank and he went from roughly 1e5 HP and 1e5 armor to 1.4e6 HP. That's exactly my problem with armor.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 19, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

I think the real issue is floor scaling - the amount of armor that lets you be invincible in stage X is useless in stage X+2.

One thing in the armor build's favour is you can totally ignore spending PP on health and healing.

Still, with auto-buy resetting you to stage 1 every 1 or 2 runs, the speed of single-tank seems to be beneficial. those 2 runs can take 5 minutes or 10 minutes, depending on if you have 4 or 3 DPS.

e: no, no healing on the armour tank.

Yeah okay I did a test myself now by disabling prestige 1 autobuy and just seeing to which level each composition gets:
1 tank, 3 dps, 1 healer
- 5 min: 1313
- 10 min: 2051
- 15 min: 2538

1 tank, 2 dps, 2 healer
- 5 min: 985
- 10 min: 1564
- 15 min: 2143

So clearly I was very, very wrong about more healers being useful. Therefore, I tried to get rid of heals altogether:
1 tank, 4 dps
- 5 min: 1368
- 10 min: 2309 //evil DPS hacking
- 15 min: 3012 //what the gently caress?

The lesson here, I think, is not to get seduced by the big numbers, it's better to fail quickly instead of trying to last another level. Plus, at the end they all got to the same level (25) anyway.
As a bonus, here's the stats if you don't even use a tank:
5 dps
- 5 min: 1485
- 10 min: 2321
- 15 min: 2970

In the end, that means you don't even need to buy any upgrades except for XP, HP, and damage, which will probably speed up runs even more.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 19, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is this a parody of carmack's comments on the fast inverse square root code

loving goooooons

You're the one who recognized it :c00lbert:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Klungar posted:

I just started the game, and am trying to take these lessons to heart. I have one Warrior Tank (Split between HP and Armor) and one Ranger DPS (Full Damage). Is this what I should be doing early game, or something different until I get the full five hero team online? What type of Tank is best for shepherding a team of DPS? Full HP? Full Armor? Balanced?

I went for an even damage/HP split on both my guys though I suppose that's the same end result as having one 100% damage and one 100% HP hero, so that's fine. Once you get a third hero, you should experiment between making him 100% healer or 100% dps. I was under the assumption healers are useful but that has clearly been proven wrong (for my 5 hero team at least) :v:
It appears as though sticking a healer on there allows you to maybe get a single floor higher (due to the exponential increase in enemy stats) but the time you need to kill the enemies on that floor would be better spent just resetting and going up the floors again. Especially later on when you get upgrades, then you get to either prestige or get back up to your old floor in like 6 rounds.
I only like the full HP tank because the armor is a small fraction of the HP he'd get. You'll have to ask pelao what he thinks, but in his post that I quoted earlier on the page he said the best tank is actually a self-healing cleric with some HP.
E: Also I don't know how clear it is now with all the info the dev added, but the most important part is your level; 100 levels allows you to get a prestige point and 100 prestige points allows you to get the next prestige layer. The max floor getting higher kind of happens on its own as you go along.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 19, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it's totally opaque that 100 is the next prestige layer, so thanks for that since I just started

At some point (50% of the way according to the changelog), the display at the top will change to show you how far it is to the next layer. That's still pretty opaque though because even unclaimed prestige points count towards the next layer. Took me a while to figure out what it correlated with.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

I now think it just doesn't matter. Move fast and break stuff. Getting levels faster means the next run goes further, which compounds the gains. Maybe all DPS is the way to go for longer runs.

Yeah that might very well be true. If your team dies, you either prestige anyway or you start 8 floors away and immediately skip at least 2 of those. So just throwing out damage might give the most XP over time.
Do you have the third prestige layer yet? I'm still 2 16 cost upgrades away and unreasonably excited :woop:
Also, I hope they add a "keep upgrades at the same level" autobuyer option sometime, I'm getting annoyed of having two of them pumped to like level 5 while damage stays at level 2 because the prestige points costs just happen to align like that.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cinara posted:

Yes please, auto prestige ends up being a ton slower than manual because of this, it should always buy the cheapest upgrades first IMO. Or at least give us a priority option.

Also for team comps, I wonder if the 6th hero changes the math at all or if 1 tank 5 dps is still the way to go, I just got there so it's hard to judge without timing a bunch of runs. Getting pretty close to prestige layer 3 but not sure if I want to instantly jump on 2x exp or wait for a 2nd or more point.

I'm not sure, in theory getting another DPS is a 1.25x damage increase whereas getting another tanks is a x2 health increase which is 1 floor if you're lucky (damage from floor to floor at least doubles every time as far as I can tell). Doing some more timed runs would probably be good, yeah.

pelao posted:

Im 54% towards my 2nd PP3, havent reset into it at all yet. I might wait for 3.

Yeah about waiting to get more points, there's this from the changelog:

quote:

Added a diminishing return to the prestige point gain multiplier, slowy fading away as you acquire more prestige points on the given prestige layer

Which suggests to me that it will take more PP2 to get a second PP3 than it would if you just reset at 1 PP3 and then went back up again. Still probably gonna be faster to wait since it already took a few days (for me at least) to even get to that point. It's just something to keep in mind. I saved up for 9 PP2 to get both a 4 cost and the 5 cost upgrade and it was far, far slower than the next 9 PP2.
Actually I might just immediately jump on the x2 XP on layer 3 and see how it compares to how fast you guys go.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 20, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I left IA running overnight and came back to 210 PP2 but only 67% progress to layer 3. Does layer 3 only open up at 500 overall PP2 or something?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

ugh, I reset with one PP2 and instantly slammed the "+1 team member" button and it's definitely not a fast enough increase from the extra body that I was correct to pick it over a separate XP multiplier, I feel dumb

heh
ALWAYS go for XP first :v:

pelao posted:

E: wow I just saw the Prestige Layer 3 stat upgrades all start at 2x - so you absolutely should prestige as soon as you get 1 PP3.

What do you mean, all upgrades always start at 2x, no?

nessin posted:

The best I found, which fits with what GrossMurpel found, is setup 1 armor tank and the rest DPS for pushing prestige points, then before you do a next layer prestige (which wipes progress) setup for 1 HP tank, 2 healers (only one if you just have three heroes), and the rest DPS. HP tank and heals is good for pushing highest level, armor tank is good for bumrushing points. Armor tank is especially great on pushing points once you get the autobuyers because your group will die at least a level earlier, which may sound like a bad thing but with the hp tank/healer setup you'll lose a lot of time fighting the extra level or two you'll make where armor fails.

Yeah the time spent healing is really useless, apparently. What do you mean by "bumrushing points"?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Holy poo poo okay I got my first PP3. Definitely prestige as soon as you can get it, dudes. It's amazing.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Gay Hitler posted:

What's this IA rpg everyone is talking about

https://www.kongregate.com/games/Gniller/incremental-adventures
It's not really much of an RPG, it just happens to have heroes whose stats you can customize a tiny bit.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

When's the correct time to switch from HP tank to armor tank? I suspect it's earlier than I think it is, I have only one autobuyer and it feels like it already might be right. Dying faster means faster overall XP at some point and I just don't know when.

If your goal is dying faster, why not go full DPS? :thunk:
Still would like for someone to properly try armor vs full HP tanking at this stage.

nessin posted:

Trying to earn prestige points as fast as possible instead of trying to hit the highest floor or kill the strongest enemy you could conceivably fight.

Oh I see. I've never specifically tried going for floors over levels.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 20, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, this is enough endorsement for me, I'll try it.

(also the reason I don't go full dps is beacuse you need some kind of tank, in case that wasn't really sarcasm)

I'm not even sure you do need one, really.

Slickdrac posted:

I just reached Prestige level 2, so I don't even have a 5th yet. But full armor tank has been more consistent in getting higher floors/more XP per run. If something is strong enough to break the armor and kill, it was going to kill anyway with HP tank. If I can get to a point where I'm able to hit level 1000 in reasonable time, I'm already planning to compare a couple variations of setups

Not sure that's true about the tank definitely dying either way, when I had equal armor and health upgrade levels, a full armor tank had like 1/10 as much defensive power as a full HP one. Plus, if the tank dies either way, why go armor? Without it, you can disregard another upgrade.

I've run into a new, way cooler problem though: The floor skip putting me at <my highest floor> - 1, which means I almost immediately die without getting any XP off that floor, and not getting any XP for the previous 2 floors either cause I skipped them.
Neat.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slickdrac posted:

You're facing the same damage output whether it's 1 enemy or 6. But with 6, unless you already have 5/6 units, you're definitely taking hits. Having armor means if you get a spawn of 5/6, you can mitigate most or all the damage and make it past a floor you wouldn't otherwise.

In the course of responding, a perfect example came up

This took 5 or 6 rounds to go through, and they got off about 20 attacks. That's over 60K damage in total. HP tank would have only about 30K. If they had been 3 enemies, The damage output would have been even more brutal, but Armor tank would still hold out. HP tank would have been dead before even 1 was killed. If it were 1 or 2 enemies, doesn't matter if it were HP or Armor, dead either way.

HP tank is absolutely viable, don't get me wrong. But just based on experimenting between full HP and full armor tank, the armor tank is maybe 10-20% better overall. Even being able to hold out for 1/2 extra kills at your reasonable peak is MASSIVE with the ludicrous scaling in this game.

Later on, you shoot through floors so fast that 5 or 6 rounds trying to beat a floor is an incredible amount of wasted time. Also, that floor is so far away from your maximum floor it's barely worth the effort either way.
I still think armor is pointless because you have to put PP into it to keep it up to date, but you do you.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slickdrac posted:

The question was around early stage though, in which case, getting a couple extra kills can add on 20-30% more XP for the run before dying. Especially if you're about to leave it up for the night. Once you're getting more than a single PP per run, perhaps it changes, so I can't speak to that, but early on Armor seems better suited when XP and PP are harder to come by.

And that particular run was right after PP2 was reached and all the PP1 was reset, so for the lack of bonus, getting 2 kills on floor 18 for that run was pretty decent.

But for anyone looking for strategy, go with either HP or Armor, it's not enough of a difference to notice overall for semiactive playing/resetting, just put your points in XP, DMG, and tank choice

The problem here is the "more XP before dying" is a waste of time because it takes ages to get them. I mean, I was under the same assumption when I was running my two healer build, but the numbers simply showed that outlasting enemies to get to higher floors is not worth it. When I did that, I had all the one-off upgrades and was level 1 for every other PP2 upgrade IIRC.

Cinara posted:

Well this just happened to me. Game instantly crashes on load now, RIP any progress for me.

drat, when did that happen? I've seen people in the comments complain of that happening around 1e14 XP.

pelao posted:

Floor skip, auto-prestige and janky balance really throws everything out. Once you unlock PP3, it really seems that only DPS is the way at the moment.

Floor skip is the worst. I just barely beat floor 33 with 7 DPS? Better skip me to floor 37, where each does less than 1% of a mob's hp! In this scenario no tank can take 1 hit, btw.

It's a shame coz I was really enjoying the ride, up til now. The dev says a big release is due in a day or 2, he had to refactor 40% of the code to eliminate a crash due to numbers getting too big.

Yeah I'm pretty much waiting for the next update now, too. The floor skip loving you up can be alleviated most of the time by just doing a prestige, but I'm really getting tired of having to manually buy upgrades because the autobuyers will put 90% of your currency into XP otherwise.
Could be a good idea to completely ignore HP though, I'll have to give that a try.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cinara posted:

Yea right around that, was pushing up to reset for ~200 PP3 when it happened.

Aw that sucks. And it's completely 100% unplayable now?
I'm just thinking what the game needs so I would at least continue to PP4:
- fix for that crashing bug obviously
- room skip that doesn't allow you to skip the last 4 or 5 floors before your max floor
- cheapest upgrade first for autobuyers
Anything else you guys found annoying?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
IA updated.

quote:

- Migrated the game to a proper numbers library, allowing the game to reach much higher numbers! (theoretically infinite). This was a big one (about 40% of the game was rewritten), but if I did well, only people that are very far should notice the difference.
- Fixed a bug in the logic behind skipping floors checking the incorrect floor to verify your team is strong enough.
- Rewrote the levelup logic from scratch. Increasing performance alot. This should prevent the freezes that users experienced later in the game from this point forward! Also, experience is gained a bit faster early game.
- AutoBuyers now prioritize cheaper upgrades
- Fixed a prestige point diminishing return bug which caused some players to progress faster than intended without prestiging

Let's see how it is now.
E: Cool it shot me up to 3000 PP2 and 14 PP3 from ~100 and 6, respectively.
E: For some hosed up reasons the first floors are as slow as the last ones now.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I bounced off of IA; it was getting too "set up your dudes then go take a nap and hope you wake up to enough prestige for a notable difference" for me.

NGU, however, still has my attention. Game is good, y'all.

It's really not that slow.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 21, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

huh, not happening for me, although I'm at a whopping 2 PP3 so it's not exactly, uh, endgame for me

Hmmm maybe it's somehow related to the tier 3 floor skipping upgrade then. Also, I should be more clear: It's not that the early floors take as many rounds as my highest floor or something, I'm solely talking about how fast the "animation" of the bar filling up is.
It goes like
floor 1: near-instant (how it should be)
floor 5: as slow as top floor
floor 9: as slow as top floor
floor 13: way faster again (how it should be)
Very mysterious.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Is it just me or does it look like there's always 6 enemies per floor now?

Kyrosiris posted:

So what unlocks at prestige layer 3? I'm still plodding along at like 12 P2 points.

3 looks pretty much exactly the same as 2 and has the same mechanics. I suspect that's true for all the however many layers he has implemented so far.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

something posted:

how do you even get these pp2 or pp3 points? i'm very slowly trudging along getting regular prestige points and costs go up quadratically so its like level 2 max i can afford in something after a day.

By doing longer runs, pretty much. I don't know what the exact numbers are now but it was something like you get the first PP at level 100 then the next one at 170 then the next one at 230 and so on.
Also, you get the first PP2 by having gained 100 PP1 overall (i.e. including the ones you spent).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

Same here. A few people have posted comments about it on kong.

What strategy are you using?

He fixed the big numbers thing, and auto-prestige prioritises lower numbers now instead of going left to right. Also level skip seems to be fixed. He seems to be quite responsive.

Yeah as far as I can tell, level skip will now only skip to levels that you can actually beat, possibly based off exactly how much damage exactly you did on the floor before the skip. I like that it doesn't just not skip but skips, say, 3 instead of 4 floors ahead.
Holy poo poo PP2 (and therefore PP3) is gained so fast now, this is great.
Re: strategy, are you still running full DPS? I think I'm gonna stick with a HP tank now that I can keep all upgrade levels equal, I just don't like immediately having my DPS exposed to attacks.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pelao posted:

Yeah I'm still running full DPS. I might go back to armour tank tho, since it seems you're right and there's always 6 enemies now...

Oh that's an excellent point, maybe that change was even made to make armor more useful yet again. Gonna have to get the armor PP3 upgrades for once to try that out, lol.

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah so it's not like PP2 the first time where it really feels like a step backward.

Did you not think "oh neat x2 XP now my first PP1 will be much faster this time around"?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Aw that's too bad. I can't see him jiggling with the autobuyers in the near future, it'd be way too hard to decide when the best time for a prestige is.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
lmao there was an update to IA and the offline progress I got from it instantly pushed me to floor 81 and prestige layer 12.
Maybe I'll play the game with a new save again in a few weeks, given how often the dev updates :v:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, holy poo poo, I came back and went from PP4 to PP6 in literally under a minute.

...also the autobuyers really don't like trying to spend like a hundred thousand points. They just refuse to do anything instead.

edit: yep autobuyers totally normal here nothing to see here folks

(I don't even have the healing and health autobuyers on!)

When I opened the game after that update, I was at level -1e5 (with -Infinity% to levelup) :v:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Fool posted:

If I were in his place I'd just use the library released by the AD guys: https://github.com/antimatter-dimensions/notations

e: this only goes up to 1e308, maybe this one: https://github.com/Patashu/break_eternity.js

Geez that's a lot of barely documented code. Why can't idle game numbers just be a double for the number before the exponent and a long for the exponent?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Fool posted:

Most idle game devs are doing it because it's a low-barrier-to-entry genre and it's babies first game. Many times even babies first programming project.

e: I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that it informs some of the code quality in idle-adjacent projects.

e: and js doesn't have double or long

Make both, "number"s then. Goddamnit js

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Hryme posted:

Incremental Adventures is broken for now until he fixes the autofloor thing jumping to floors where you can't kill the enemies. Ah well, the game was pretty shallow anyway.

Uh he fixed that like 3 updates ago though. It's broken in many other ways.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slickdrac posted:

And as has been typical, they have created a whole new level of bugs with calculations. Level 2500 is several hundred PP1. Level 9000 is....35

I was wondering why progress seemed to have just halted for the last couple hours.

quote:

- Rewrote the prestige points calculation. It should slow down between layers (but not too much), not speed up.

Not too much indeed.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Merijn posted:

Started Incremental Adventures. Currently on 3 heroes, two DPS and one armor tank. I'm stalling at floor 16, but the next unlock is at 20. Am I just supposed to keep restarting it at floor 1 for XP until I can prestige? Or should I hoard prestige points? This seems kinda boring.

Yes, you should only aim for XP which leads to prestige and is therefore the most important metric. The floor unlocks aren't a huge deal.
It's certainly very hands-off, you won't be any more involved at any point, you just unlock layers of prestige that work the same as the old layers. So if you're bored, you'll stay bored.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The big BETA/EARLY ACCESS tag puts me off a bit, but CryptoClickers seems interesting and I'll give it a whirl later.

Maybe it is cool but as far as I can see there is no tutorial and this is the screen you're greeted with.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think what mystifies me the most is the "approx to 10 cost". Why is it approximate?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Merijn posted:

Alkahistorian sounds like the new hip thing so I started it.

It's actually pretty old for a finished game. I suppose it got new content or people just happened to try it out again since someone started talking about it?
Full disclaimer: I mostly skim this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Well I tried AlkaHistorian again (thanks thread) and I still don't understand why in stage 2 some elements decrease sometimes.
E: I should add, it's not a big deal because you quickly go past it but it's still silly when your air production suddenly goes to -100.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 6, 2019