Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Womyn Capote posted:

How can you not include Fap Titans in the OP?

Because this thread is for idle games, not fap games. I mean, it's even in the title of the game.
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Holy poo poo Alkahistorian goes completely unhinged once you finish the first 2 rings and the central node starts doing its thing.

Most of the nodes seems manageable enough but the Time related stuff at the top is completely arcane.

The only thing you really need from the top ring are two items that feed off of each other for catalysts (So the higher one gets, the faster the other is produced, which in turn means the faster the first one is produced, which means the other is produced even faster, which makes the first even faster, which makes...) that you'll need for some of the final items. You need a large amount of them, but leaving them running for a few hours was enough to kickstart everything else that branched off of them. I just don't remember which two they were, because the names are all so similar.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there still the one unlockable unlock, or have they finally added a final unlock?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For Evolve, when should I start tackling challenges?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So, does the bestiary do anything other than show monster stats? There are buttons to buy monsters, but none of the home furnishings seem to let me buy a pet rock. I haven't slayed my master ended my apprentishship yet, I'm just maxing out what skills I can for the time being.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wouldn't a leather club just be a blackjack?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I should bug Something about the free pack, but eh, that's too much like effort. That seems counter the point of this thread.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Posting for the NGU 4G God

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I haven't seen this one mentioned here, but Incremancer is kinda neat. It kind of stradles the line on being an idle game, at least for what I've played so far, but it looks like it becomes more of an idle game as the prestige options are bought. It's on Kongregate.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/JamesG466/incremancer

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm taking a break from NGU this week, mostly because I started the Troll challenge on Sunday thinking a day would be enough to get through the first challenge. Almost did it, but when I took a break to make lunch and do some chores, I forgot to close NGU and lost a good chunk of progress. I refuse to quit out of spite towards Something.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

pixaal posted:

Troll challenge is a lot of fun when you have the stats for it.

You cannot force it though, if you don't have the stats it is going to be brutal and idling in it for a week will not help at all towards progress. If a troll is taking more than an hour you need more stats.

I'm not idling, just that I've been dealing with my dad's estate stuff all week after , and won't have a chance to sit down and give it the attention it needs to finish it off until Friday. I realized that I was probably understatted after a few hours into the challenge, but I'm almost at the goal and I'm petty and spiteful enough to refuse to give something the satisfaction of having someone rage quit the challenge.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

I've been playing a lot of Rocket Valley Tycoon (on steam) of late, and while the game scratched a nice logistics puzzle itch, it'd much better if they charged $15-20 for it and removed the microtransaction stuff entirely

How bad is the microtransaction stuff?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lufia posted:

I finished the game and built the Spire to floor 60 and my mana is still at -100 forever with 1e4 craving. I don't know that there's a way to generate enough power to bring it down right now. I dunno if you can actually screw yourself over, everything I needed was still ticking away.

It's a lot shorter and more straightforward than AK3 but definitely scratches the same itch.

I whipped through it this afternoon. It's fun, but the end does drag a bit with the spire and how it's just doing the same thing over and over until suddenly the beta is over. I'm going to let it idle overnight just to see if anything pops up when you finish the last two "Hireling" portions of the tower, but I'm not holding my breath.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It's an "Alternate" Historian game. If I had to guess (because there's no lore in it), considering the last thing you build in the Spire is the elemental orb, it's either the origin of the orb found in the Alkehistorian games, or instead of finding the orb I the first game, you craft it with Forbidden knowledge.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zokari posted:

Synergism: Uggggh, I'm so close to finishing the first Sadistic challenge. It's really obnoxious how severe of a bottleneck the green...things you upgrade talismans are. I have everything I need to upgrade my next one except for the greens, where I only have like 10% of what I need.

How do you get the Sadistic challenge? I'm assuming I would have to finish No Runes first (I may have lost a bunch of progress when I upgraded my computer and the windows backup didn't work. I... hadn't done the download save in awhile).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

you should be doing the download save every day for the free quarks

Oh, I know, I just forgot it was a thing for a week or two, and only remembered when I actually noticed the two researches that gave more quarks. Now I've been doing it daily.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just hit Dark Circles in Distance Incremental. Is anyone else getting "Time Cube" vibes from that page's design?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Any folks still playing Evolve?
Checked in after remembering, and it seems it's been getting a steady supply of updates since it was last brought up here.

Trying out the Pinguicula, and not having to put workers on mining stone is nice.
Gonna see how they pair with Ent not needing wood and how well that turns out. :v:
E: turns out all plants now have Sappy, not just Pinguicula; so that's gonna be helpful.

Thanks for dragging me back into this. Trying to get the ant as the first race, I kept getting Mantis so I said gently caress it. Turns out, they can now ritually sacrifice their citizens for a bonus to resource generation, and they make babies fast. Spend 5 minutes of production to get a 15% bonus to combat, regeneration, research, miners and lumberjacks for several hours? Sure. Sign me the gently caress up.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

shs posted:

Steam:

Y28RY-QRNCT-3IYYD

I took this code

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

https://mrredshark77.github.io/incremental-merge/
Looks like Prestige Tree/Distance Incremental-likes are gonna be a thing now. Pretty repetitive so far, though.

It reminds me of some phone idle games, but with less options than those. I stopped playing before I hit the prestige layer, so unless something drastically changes when you prestige for the first time, I'll pass.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Am I missing something with Another Chronicle, or are you forced to go into the Warrior School because I can't see a way to get enough Destiny to choose either of the other schools. The only thing I haven't done is the fight against your Father that unlocks at level 10, he just one-shots me once he charges up.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So just take the Warrior school and try out the other two once I can prestige or finish the game? Gotcha.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Devor posted:

The school requires rank 10, which means you’ll probably already have the cave beaten by then.

Unless I'm missing something, I had everything except the Bully's 5/6 completed (need 20 pork when I have a max inventory of 10), I'm at rank 10, all my possible minions are max level, luck and stats (can you get the orc as a summon?), and I can't get any further than 2/5 (3/5 if I'm lucky) on the forest fights. Do I just grind up the familiar for stats or am I missing something obvious?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

So I've stuck with Another Chronicle and it's really opened up. There are a couple early walls where it takes a few dark ritual cycles to build up stats to push past a boss, but now I've got so many things to juggle it's amazing. I think the point where it really got its teeth in me is you start unlocking making bread when you learn fire magic (to cook it, obviously!), and get a quest chain to just keep loving eating loaves and loaves of bread. After the last one where you jam 10 loaves of bread into your face, you unlock the ??? tab in Routine which allows you to jam ALL the game's food into your infinite stomach for permanent stat boosts. Each time you gain a boost it requires one more food of that type UNTIL you dark ritual, when the bonuses persist but the cost resets to 1 unit. Additionally how full you are acts as a multiplier to your dark ritual and then expands your already massive stomach so you can build up a bigger food-based rebirth multiplier.

And then it gets even better when you unlock Auto-eating slots so you can sit in a dungeon farming pork from an orc and eating it overnight. Then I hit rank 28 and opened another tab for Will which is a fairly standard resource you can recharge and then dump into various bonuses, but that also tracks total Will gained and gives you higher max will and initial Will points on rebirth.

Throw that on top of the farming up different monsters for their passives, a couple permanent passive companions with unlimited (but diminishing returns) stat growth, and what seems to be a total reset system so you can choose different quest branches, and I'm deeply invested. It has a little of the NGU feel where short and long runs are both beneficial in different ways and it often makes sense to sacrifice number gains (in this case your talent multiplier on dark ritual) for farming more XP and other bonuses (Inspiration and food multipliers). Although it doesn't seem to notice when I have 69 of something so it is objectively worse in that regard.

Is there a non-Kongregate place to play it? The past few days it tries to load but seems to stick on the Kongregate loading screen.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Agent355 posted:

I kinda assumed that a random race from a given group (in Evolution) wouldn't give me repeats until I had done each race at least once.

APPARENTLY NOT.

Thank god there is a soft reset button so I can roll the dice again.

I would make a save before the first evolution choice, then if I don't like what I rolled, I can try the other branches until I rolled something new. Or failing that, I would go with Antid or Trent for the Fanaticism bonus they provide.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Lilli posted:

Has anyone checked out Progress Knight? Seems like its in the same vein as Theory of Magic or Groundhog Life. Not terribly far into it yet, but its been decent so far.

https://ihtasham42.github.io/progress-knight/

Am I missing something with this game? I've been playing it for several days, but I can't break through the Apprentice Mage ranks fast enough to get the second magic skill before I die of old age. I've been doing the non-military jobs for money, but the merchant only gives enough for the first few tiers of houses and a personal servant for happiness boost. Should I be focusing on military while knocking out the concentration and meditation skills instead?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For FE000000, how do the Eternity Challenges work? I met the requirements to unlock one, started it, but it won't register as complete when I reach the goal and Infinity for the amount of IP.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

You have to eternity. It's such a common mistake (I even asked on the discord about it ages ago) that he added a little reminder at the top of the challenges :haw:

:doh: I see it now, the problem is that it's at the bottom of a wall of text if you've already started the challenge and hey, the challenges list IP requirements, so that must mean I need to Infinity! :eng101:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Progress Knight updated. Two new skills that I can see, one for Time Warp under Magic and another for reducing costs in Dark Magic.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

crime weed posted:

pretty cool idle game based around closed-loop water cycles on a planetship:

http://stopsign.github.io/Terrafold/

notes:
*starts super-active, then suddenly becomes super-idle
*your soil is limited, and you can't delete farms. don't overbuild them, or you'll get softlocked; i ran comfortably off 20 for the initial phase of the game.
*there doesn't appear to be an export/import system? if someone figures out how to export/import, please let me know!

My reaction to starting this shortly before bed time: " Huh, this seems kinda neat, but all I can do is buy ice. Wait, so storage fills up and income increases, and rain happens and make land and OH GOD I NEED TO KEEP BUYING ICE OHGODWHERE'STHEAUTOMATION oh okay, computer lets me just auto buy ice. Time to set my population to half cash and all my numbers are going up, time to go to bed."

I look forward to seeing what else I can poke at when I come back to it tomorrow.

And yes, I know I can buy ice in lots of up to 1000 at the start, its more the needing/wanting to get the automated ice buying going so I don't come back to "Your people all died multiple times over and the land returned to arid dirt" like what basically happened in Kitten game/Evolution if you didn't set job ratios properly.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 13, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

While Terrafold is neat, I do have one minor complaint, in that I wish the game would tell you how many mines you had built. I'm assuming that if the robots can't build more mines, then I'm at the limit, but it would be nice to see that with my own eyes.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I threw a tenner your way for the newbie pack.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What good idle gamed are there for android?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arcanuse posted:

Been poking at Lazy Galaxy 2 for a few days, and it seems neat.
Starts off similar to the first one, but turned out to be more of an unfolding puzzle than expected.
(What order do I conquer things, where do I put the land I get, how do I optimize building location, etc)

I'll have to remember to check that out later. It's in my steam library, I just kind of forgot it existed.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Arbetor posted:

Since Melvor is back in the thread, I figured I would drop this odd little game that I saw the other day:

https://spacestationidle.com/

Its Melvor, but the skills only go up to 50, there is a clear prestige mechanic (that also includes unlocking end game skills) and, perhaps most important of all, its Space Station 13 skinned. You are still training a guy to kill things as a focus for the other skills.

I have only played a short while since I was still playing Melvor when I saw it, but it seemed to be entertaining enough, especially in the current wash of Antimatter Dimensions skins and Prestige Tree mods.

I do like how unlike Melvor, it keeps most jobs locked at the start so you're not overwhelmed by options (and then proceed to see that no, you still need to do the starting jobs to actually play with the fun toys). Also, that "Power" is apparently something that you can stick in a bag.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Does... does it at least let me make an army of screaming skull boys who gleefully charge the enemy to die in an explosive end? That was the best part of PoE for me by a long shot.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rynoto posted:

The only inherited traits you'll ever want are from Ents (Kindling Kindred), Gnome (Smart), Human (Creative), Balorg (Fiery), and Custom (Slaver). Balorg requires hellscape so won't be used too much until after Shadow War is upgraded and Gnome is only useful early for the 10% knowledge cost reduction. Customs are post-ascension. So if you're doing your first BH-or-above until you get those it'll likely be Ent-Gnome-Human or Ent-Human-ChosenRace for efficiency.

Did Hivemind from the Antid stop being a good one to use with Ents (and vice versa)? I remember way back when that those two used to be the recommended pair for faster runs.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

When should I start picking up the permanent traits with Plasmid in Evolve, and which ones should I focus on?

And at what point should I switch from doing bioseed runs to doing all of the 3* MADs?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm still relatively early into Orb of Creation, with 6 resources to worry about (not counting paper/arcane scrolls/research points). Is there a way to generate wood automatically? I've gotten access to Magic, World and the Workshop so far. Just wondering which area I should be focusing on to get all of my resources generating automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SettingSun posted:

I’m pretty early in Orb but there is. You can get your urns to make them. You need mastery I think so get research going.

Oldstench posted:

The Urn of Expansion in World will do it. There's another way later, but you need to expand your World Aspects to get to it.

Oh okay, so I just haven't seen the right upgrade for it yet. Good to know that it is on there though.