Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Idle Loops: Question about an action from the fourth zone: is there any point to Imbue Body? It gives you level 1 of every skill for free at the start of every loop, but that's the cheapest level and it doesn't make the later levels cheaper (e.g. level 2 still costs 200 XP instead of 100 XP, even though it's now the "first" level you need to earn each loop instead of the second), and when you're getting hundreds of levels in every stat every loop, a single point at the very start is basically nothing. It's not like it's going to help you snowball, either; a 1% mana discount on the first lock you pick or whatever doesn't seem important by the time you can afford Imbue Body and have tens of thousands of mana to spend at the end of each loop.

Later on, there’s a potion that doubles the effect, and there’s an exit with a strict time limit it might help you make. It’s definitely a late-game action, if not just optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Squirrel loops just updated with a pretty well made tutorial. With secrets :O

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

USI, around sector 49 or so, Massive Weapon Enemies: What's the build? I barely squeaked through 48 (swarmers + big enemies, all can one-shot) but 49 is just more of these one-shotters. Do I sit and slowly grind the Red Synths for stats or is there an optimal build that helps?

49 has a pretty good synth shard drop rate so I'd use it to finish the tier, yeah.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
The 1 pointers except for biosleeve production are all pretty much mandatory. For the 2 pointers, warp, crew slot, and base production are the consensus picks. For the last two, shard link/module/reactor/compute/salvage are all somewhat debatable. I picked shard link, but the others have arguments as well

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Bar Crow posted:

Unnamed Space Idle should just stick with that name but include an option to name a sector when you complete it.

and name the game when you complete it :thinking:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Toshimo posted:

USI: Is there something fundamental I'm missing about challenges now? I took a break for a few months with the content lull, and now that I'm back I've been trying to do a few of them and just get my rear end handed to me in ways I did not before. Example: I'm at 7/9 on Compute challenge. I have compute hardcapped. Prior to the break, I had cleared Sector 18. Now, with better everything, I'm having trouble getting to Sector 18, much less clearing it. Even using the damage meter to find the highest dps combo I can field (4x T2 Gatling, 2x T2 Beam), I'm not getting anywhere.

I used 1x Beam, 5x Laser Cannon with the laser cannons on supportive routing, looping laser boost. Later on you get a crew node that increases the limit of compute levels gained to 1E4, and later later on you get a reactor boost that still works inside challenges (might be a bug?)

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Agent355 posted:

You don't actually have to get them to level 51 as you can get like 10-15 free points from elsewhere, so you'll get your 51st point at level 30 something eventually.

I managed to do computing 9 by idling overnight, synth and power 5 were both free, haven't tried base 5 yet but since I"ve unlocked the entire fourth base's layout I should probably give it a go.

E: even with a full layout I'm stalling out 3 zones short of base 5, which means it'll take awhile of grinding base 4 to get the raw stats to win I think. I'm not sure I can optimize my layout much better.

EE: I don't understand some of the crew upgrades, specifically the ones in the bottom tier that seem to scale off of two stats, but one of them is in the numerator and the other the denominator. So I guess I'm supposed to only focus on a single stat across all my crew members in order to make those scale appropriately well? Are they worth anything atm or would you need vastly more levels than we realistically have available to make them more effective than the other options?

They're very good. They're balanced around having 0 of the stat in the denominator. The ones on the left reward only using the primary stat (so very doable) and the ones on the right reward only using the secondary stat (so lategame with farming exp/warp)
You do need to be careful since some check the entire crew total whereas others check just that crew member

For base carry-- are you using base 4 multis? if you have the whole base unlocked you should be able to do it with base 4 multis + penalty reduction, with base 3 booster stacking multis.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Len posted:

Since the incremental games reddit are still protesting where are y'all finding games?

They have a discord channel but I can't possibly think of a worse place to keep an eye on new games than a chat room.

https://www.incrementaldb.com/
https://galaxy.click/
https://itch.io/games/platform-web/tag-incremental
https://plaza.dsolver.ca/
https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/wiki/list_of_incremental_games/

There's one more I'm missing, but I forgot what it's called. It allows playing incremental games on the same website, mostly prestige tree variants

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Auto-base buy is very good QOL as well. Be aware it doesn't work offline tho. Auto-Warp is necessary lategame QOL, but at that point you have AI points to spare

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Dodecadragons is so bad for a game that is so well-liked. Just constantly pressing the same buttons over and over again. I made a script to mash the appropriate buttons to get past the dumb timewalls, multiple times! It just never stops! There’s no strategy to it either, just hit the upgrade button over and over again. It’s sickening

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Hey scrolling down to find the crew member is annoying! I appreciate this QoL upgrade :)

I just turn off ‘keep active crew at top’. It helps with avoiding misprinting as well

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Unnamed Space Idle has a number of features inspired by NGU, iirc.

I've been playing ethereal farm (https://lodev.org/etherealfarm/) for the last couple of days. It's a nice strategic slow burn, surprised I haven't seen anyone mention it.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So you're saying Crusader Kings 3 is an incremental game :O

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://idlemancery-v2.vercel.app/ I found this one which I've really enjoyed. Kind of a take on Orb of Creation but a bit more digestible.

It mimics the style, but it's more similar to Evolve/Theresmore style game where you're constantly gated by max resource/resource gain and you just have to wait. Part of the appeal of Orb of Creation is you constantly have something different to work on. Here I'm waiting for an upgrade that requires 20Qi Knowledge while I only have 5Qi max knowledge, and it's literally my only option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Sivart13 posted:

I don't think I'm at the end but it's slowed way, way down for me and it's probably better waiting a year to see if there's more QoL updates. I got to the point where Spellbinding is needed for crafting but there's no way to train it other than crafting, which is glacial.

Aren't there multiple ways to train spellbinding? Usually it's better to train intellect because the contribution (even 1%) is way bigger.