Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Okay I decided to pick up NGU again after not playing since...June 2019. Unfortunately, it looks like offline progress caps at 365 days, so shame on me I guess.

Looks like I've killed up through the Beast, I don't have grease. I now have a year's worth of EXP and AP and PP that I don't want to gently caress up. I don't think I've done any Evil stuff yet (I think I was on the cusp?), and I haven't unlocked Resource 3 yet (I think that was in development or just came out-ish around the last time I was playing).

A couple questions:
1) Anything I should definitely NOT do? I imagine I can buy some really stupid things with those resources I just got.
2) Anything I should definitely do ASAP? There's probably something good that I can do while on a 366 day Rebirth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

something posted:

858JG-NFB4H-BZ4HN

I think this worked for me.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

xiw posted:

For those who've been starved of new games:

https://itch.io/jam/incremental-game-jam-2/results

https://semenar.itch.io/light-the-city has been interesting.

https://semenar.itch.io/incremental-game-jam-game is a meta game that showcases many of the submissions. Recommended.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright, how do I best farm residue?

Shift your tree to only residue nodes from the 3k class trees (probably 2 or 3?) and as many +reinc nodes as you can (probably 8+?) and that's basically it. Ensure you've got +reinc gear enhanced as much as you can and 2-3 longish runs should get you there.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Got over the hump in FAPI and am progressing fast towards Ascension 2.
What should i use my ascension points on when i do?
Discord claims the milk upgrade is better than the poop upgrade. Maybe math shows it is better but intuitively it does not feel that way.
My playstyle means that on new runs im several hours in before i assign any poop. The poop upgrade essentially means that poop is auto assigned as far as i understand. Wouldnt that be better than getting more milk?. You need 5k reinc levels to even double mill income.

One of the residue bonuses scales better than like everything else in the game and this isn't at all obvious, so Milk winds up shaving off a ton of time in the back end of ascensions.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Agent355 posted:

Love how the new pet system in fapi has combos, so certain pets provide extra bonuses. It tells you about this only in the information panel except for when a big 'COMBO FOUND" UI element pops up if you accidentally make one.

Oh and then it's impossible to find out what the combo was or what it actually does?

If you tap around in the pet screen it'll show your current bonuses, incl. the combo one. I think it's one of the loadout buttons? You might need to have set a loadout.

In related news, I just recently learned there's a way to change farmer cosmetics by clicking in the equipment screen.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Saraiguma posted:

is there any reason these aren't auto-assigning?

Are you in a challenge?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Just unlocked pets in FAPI and got a chicken. Is there any trick to getting more pets other than just farming in the listed zones until it pops up?

That's the trick. Each additional ascension gives you a 10% additional chance, and there's a soul item as well. "Optimal" is something like maxed battle timer reduction plus medium zone plus one-shotting everything plus maxed relevant skull page 3. But you'll get a number of them eventually just playing "normally."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

In my search for a good cross platform game I came across Melvor Idle. Has anyone given it a shot? It’s got decent enough reviews on steam and the App Store.

It's a game and fine I guess. FAPI is also cross-platform. Both quite different.

Unrelated, Idle Dice 2 on Android (at least) was a neat thing for a few days, very much an active incremental. And Advent Incremental (web) is a neat ride (there have been a few delays and it's only updated through like Day 14 or something).

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Crell posted:

Got you. Not much change on ironwood yet, dev is making slow but steady progress on new features. Next release will be some sort of pet system. Still no guild storage which kind of sucks. Guild is mostly full, I think only one inactive person on 24/25 members.

Requested in as Cazaam I don't know what I'm doing at all just started.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Xerol posted:

I've often ended up with excess materials after finishing lower tiers so I often will sell those for some quick cash, although I will throw logs in the kiln or compost fruits since those are pretty good sources. (Sometimes it's better to sell logs and buy redwood to turn into charcoal though, depending on prices.)

Also don't forget to check your inventory for "sellable items" (mostly gems but also burnt food and fishing trash) - that can be worth quite a lot if you haven't sold them for a while. And daily quests don't give an awful lot of gold but it adds up for very little effort, and the reward is based on that skill's level, so if you're doing them for gold just do your highest level skills.

All that said there hasn't really been much that I've needed gold for and not had enough, at least since getting to middle tiers.

Buying xp gain potions has been my main gold sink.

Need to figure out my login again, switched computers so have been down for a few days.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Not sure why but I came back to Idle Spiral a week or so ago, more fun/interesting than I remembered it being.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

buglord posted:

any good Steam-based idler's you all recommend? (I heavily prefer not playing them on my phone anymore because its too much of a life distraction there).

I really don't mind paying money for the game if it means there's minimal/no micro-transactions after the initial purchase.

Here's ones ive already played:

-cookie clicker
-ngu idle
-realm grinder (my favorite before they did that awful UI/graphics update that made everything hard to read/spot).
-cell to singularity
-leaf blower revolution
-clicker heroes
-melvor idle (second most favorite because of the heavy runescape vibes, havent played since 2021. have they added more since then?)
-adventure capitalist/communist

I really liked realm grinder because there were "builds" that allowed you to favor active gameplay vs passive gameplay and other little wrinkles. i probably played it as long as I did because you could determine your level of engagement and still make things fun, or at least go through different engagement levels without getting bored.

god bless all of you for your help in advance.

I pitched Idle Spiral again recently, that's a Steam game. Also ITRTG is also on Steam I think, kind of a pre-NGU. Farmer vs Potato Idle might be best given your comments on Realm Grinder. And then Trimps also has a Steam version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I had bounced off Evolve a few times in the past, finally giving it a fair try. Haven't recalled it being mentioned here in a while, is that just because it's old or because it will eventually turn out to be bad?