Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

So if anyone is playing Grim Clicker here, when you reach the second galaxy, how much corruption do you usually go for on each shard? I went with about x20 for the first one, then raised it to x40 for the second since it had an "Every hit is critial" modifier, and now I'm trying out x30 on the third one. Just wondering what a nice balance is.

I recently stopped playing, and I was considerably further along than you are (I got there before corruption was a thing), but I usually do zero on the first shard, then ramp up for further shards. Subsequent runs of the same shard after clearing it don't get the corruption multiplier, so I started to do more runs on the shards to build up wax multipliers to be able to run higher corruption on later shards; I haven't done the math so I don't know if it's optimal, but I was maxing for quite awhile every run and this seemed much faster as the corruption multipliers started to be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

Doesn't maxing corruption make the beginning of each shard absolutely miserable though? Before you can even make use of the flame power you build up.
Yeah, there are ways of dealing as you get further along. Definitely would not recommend maxing early, and odds are, like, ever; I was waaaaaayyyyy ahead of where corruption started when I started doing corruption (like, Galaxy 40ish, reinstalled after a long break). I think the no-corruption first shard, make a few full runs to build up wax multiplier, then start ramping corruption as you continue should work about the same even at lower levels, though. Seems like a good rhythm.

Boss chests get you souls that you can use to do things like summon rubies/bats so you can level weapons without needing to kill anything.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 21, 2020

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another Chronicle:

The Awaken Blazing Aura upgrade looks really goddamn good; once I get it, is it, like, use it once and it's stuck forever on whatever I put it on? Or is it possible to move it around? Seems like it'd be hella good on Snake early for the stat boosts, but I don't want to waste it if it's a one-time thing and there's something better down the line.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another Chronicle: I seem to have hit a serious wall at the initial part of the Coastal City; last Dark Ritual took me a day and a half, and I haven't seen any progress on anything other than a few summons in a day or so. I've grabbed every research drop bonus I could find, left myself on the sewer last night, and woke up this morning to all of six (6) sludge slime researches (a little less than one an hour); do I just have to manually pound at the Rocky Road until I get enough research/stone to do some advancement? I've got 15 levels in familiars, do I need to just dump all my habit into them for awhile until the Lesser Devil starts helping enough?

Also, is there a wiki for this somewhere? I Googled and couldn't find one.

EDIT: And I see there's a new page in the thread, and my question is answered immediately above my post.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 30, 2020

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AotC posted:

When you advance to a new area you can grind manually to unlock the next tier of allies. They tend to be more powerful (even with fewer levels/seeds) than the previous area's. Also eat pork. Lots of pork. The food bonus helps early on and you reset the level scaling on it when you DR.
Yeah, I had the next tier of allies thing figured out pretty quickly, and I've grabbed a couple of the rock dudes, but they aren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the previous ones have been (I think they need a lot more research).

Okay, the food thing helps a lot, I've been eating slime jelly, mostly. I'll switch to pork.

Rynoto posted:

If you don't have any auto-eat slots yet (first is at 200 satiety cap) then get that asap as then you can just afk grind stat food.
How does food work, exactly? It's not super-clear from the in-game prompt, that was one of the things I wanted a Wiki for. Also, for whatever bonuses to "Sacred Ritual" do; I was guessing just a flat EXP bonus, but I'm not sure...?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing NGU Idle a week or two ago, and I'm wondering if I'll regret spending AP on extra accessory slots, or are there more efficient things I'm about to stumble into that would be better (I just unlocked Yggdrasil)?

I bought the newbie pack, probably going to buy the next pack up. It's really good!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
NGU Idle: it seems like there are a lot more ways to permanently raise adventure stats than there are to permanently raise energy/magic (Yggdrasil, Money Pit, Iron Pill), so that's what I've mostly been spending my experience on; am I loving up by not buying adventure stats?

I've also picked up the first three Yggdrasil freebies, all the inventory slots, all the Boost Recycling, Auto-Merge, item daycare, the merge slot, and the first extra accessory slot; haven't unlocked beards or macguffins yet. Anything else I should be spending XP on that's a good quality of life increase?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If I haven't played it, is Idle Skilling worth trying?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm very late to the party on this, but I just wanted to say Ngu Idle is very good. I've seen people talking about a... new NGU idle game? I don't know if it's a beta for a future release or, like a sequel...?

Anyway, I will be completing the very long Daycare slog to max yellow heart this weekend, and picking up the Ascended Newbie pack.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ngu Idle question, from Evil difficulty, around the 8th Titan:

I've just gotten the Typo Zonw gear, I have fourteen accessory slots, and I'm still using the Stapler for the respawn bonus; is that crazy? It feels like the bonus to perk point gain at a 12% respawn timer bonus is worth it, but maybe I'm overvaluing it...?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I'm in Sad and Ring of Greed + Stapler have been ,and will probably always be, absolute locks in my gear setups. Exceptions are only when I'm focusing only on hacks or NGUs for an entire rebirth.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Respawn is basically the best single stat in the game for PP farming (i.e. most of the adventuring you'll do), so no, not crazy at all.
Okay, thank you for the sanity check. That's what I thought, but I was like "what if I'm wrong about this and basically wasting two accessory slots for garbage?"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there still a Goon guild in Legends of Idleon? I just started playing it (late to the party, I know).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Anything with Yggdrasil yield or seed gain I have hung onto forever. I may start ditching them if I ever have more than I have slots, but with the ability to do loadouts, until all my Yggdrasil fruits are totally maxed, they're going to be worthwhile, and even then I'll just ditch the seed gain and hang on to the Yggdrasil yield.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to accelerate QP gain in NGU that I might be missing, it is it just a slog?

I've gotten most of the easily accessible perks, working on the wish, but I've been working yin the adventure bonus for probably three weeks now, and that's with doing major quests actively on the weekends and occasionally weekday evenings.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gotta make sure you max your blood generation before you throw money into the pit.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I applied a couple of times to Pizza is Free and didn't get a response.

If someone wanted to hand leadership over to me, I wouldn't mind taking it over (I'm in a fairly new guild right now).

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

postmodifier posted:

P.s. I've been taking a break while world 3 gets some more content so apologies for anyone who has been requesting invites to pizza is free, if anyone in here is active in the guild let me know and I'll promote you so you can accept invites?

I just left a guild and applied as Thanatosian, if you can accept me and let me accept others that would be great. Thank you.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

drat, definitely a lot went wrong here but it still sucks to read this. That said they seemingly throw users who expected a more complete game under the bus instead of positing that maybe they should've released a more complete game into early access.

I pre-ordered this game after a few years of playing the first one, and it wasn't good, but I had figured that even if I hated it, I probably owed them for the amount I enjoyed the first one.

I think their heart was really in the right place, they didn't like the predatory nature of the free-to-play model.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm partway into evil (just unlocked wishes a bit ago) and my adventure progression is comically far behind my main attack/defense. I've got a titan and three areas unlocked that I can't even touch. What am I missing?
Start looking at the adventure stat perks and quest unlocks (also the perks, wishes, and quest unlocks that boost hacks, questing and PP). But yeah, I spent a week or two mostly just boosting resource stats to get evil NGUs and blood production always maxed. If you haven't gotten the perks that boost the adventure-stat-boosting blood spell, get those, too; it helps a lot.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Falcon2001 posted:

I quit NG Space Company when it was like 'good job building 1 segment! Now do it 49 more times with no other changes'. Does it get more interesting or anything?

I just started this a couple of days ago (after you made this post, actually), and the jump from "I just made one segment" to "I'm making one ring every couple of hours" is actually very fast.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I started playing Legends of Idleon a couple nights ago and I'm really digging it. It has an MMO premise but it's really just an idle game where your automated units are couched as players of a game, complete with access to classes and personal progression. I'm a big MMO nerd and I love a good grind, so this really hits a sweet spot for me. The aesthetic is neat too, it's got a simple cartoony feel to it that I really dig. I'm still just murdering beans for access to the Birch Grove but so far I think this might be the idle game for me.

If you haven't yet (and you may not have unlocked it yet), when you can apply for pizza is free, the Goin guild. Someone has been at least accepting applications, and you get some significant bonuses from guild membership.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There are map teleports now that you get a limited number of daily (teleport straight to a specific zone) and there are potions that are fairly plentiful that teleport your back to town (you can buy a bunch a day for 1.5ish silver, and they're a drop as well). You can buy additional free dailies of each for gems; I've gotten one set of map teleports and no potions, and with five characters it's been fine.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

One teleport (out) daily for 7-8 total characters was at least a dozen too few, by the time act 3 released it was like 15-20 minutes of just walking the characters to all the daily locations they had to finish. It was so incredibly tedious I just quit playing.

There is now a bribe that gets you four more per day, and the gem purchases get you seven more each per day.

I only started playing recently, and yeah, the game would be way more of a drag without a dozen teleports per day.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Falcon2001 posted:

More NG Space Company stuff:

The upgrades that let you store more are absolutely essential because they let you do things like 'upgrade storage multiple times at a time'. Also, don't feel bad about buying a couple dyson swarms and segments before you jump to the sphere.

I do not know how you would build spheres without at least several rings and a handful of swarms, unless you wanted to spend way longer than necessary at it.

Does the dimensional rift really just dectuple your storage?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

habituallyred posted:

Straight up. Bonus: Once you hit a tenth of your storage you are eligible for the max storage boost and upgrading your storage.

Oh, poo poo, that makes the max storage boost way better.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the thread ever went through a Territory Idle phase, but I really enjoyed that one, even if some parts of it were super grindy, and it had some different mechanics from most other idle games.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Can you import saves from the web version?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just picked up Grim Clicker again; am I missing something, or are the detached shards just a super-lovely money gate?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
NIAutoclicker works extremely well on Resource Grid. I have it doing one click per second on charcoal right now (pre-charcoal miner), seems like it will be good for pushing through manual bottlenecks going forward.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

I haven't run across any "click here 300 times" bottlenecks again so far, just have to automate housing now

How did you get the steam for the charcoal miner?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

I clicked 15 times :)

How did you get the lava for that steam?

GrossMurpel posted:

But I needed 37 for something

City builder, I think.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lilli posted:

Their point was that they havent yet hit a wall where they have to click 300 times for one specific thing, not that they haven't clicked 300 times for the entire game.

Have you seen how much charcoal lava takes? Even with the declining costs, it's a lot of charcoal clicking for steam and metal for the charcoal miner.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

ok I guess the game keeps ticking while you've closed the tab but lol what the gently caress is going on here

e: in the time since i posted that i'm up to 4 apples so i'm clueless lmao

It looks like it kept ticking trees but did but keep cutting them down...?

I left the tab open overnight and had 88 apples when I woke up.

EDIT: huh, saw your reply, I wonder if it's an issue with the closed tab not calculating apples correctly?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ngu Idle question, regarding Yggdrasil:

Once you have gotten all of the seeds to level 24, is there any reason to keep using poop to gather seeds/hang on to gear that's only good for boosting seed production?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Blackholing out? Is it time to go for that? I've only accomplished MAD with 16 out of 25 races needed for Mass Extinction.

It probably isn't the most efficient way to do it, but I'm pretty sure I only had about ten races in MAD and a couple genesis ships before I did black hole.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Scrree posted:

I started NGU Idle a few weeks ago and have been at the T4/unmentionable wall for a couple days. Just out of curiosity, how often are there walls like this in the game? I'm actually kind of enjoying the long, methodical pace of building up to the next challenge, but it's definitely a whole lot slower than start-to-T3 (which in hindsight feels like a sprint.)

There are several. It is well worth it, cannot recommend it enough.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Xand_Man posted:

How do you merge weapons manually?

Drag them onto each other. There's a popup and everything.

I did an embarrassing amount of runs before I figured this out.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Ngu Idle for 650 days now, I'm in late Sadistic, I've maxxed Energy and Magic caps, beaten all the bosses in the boss mode, and just finished all of the hacks. Looking at what the last (?) titan requires for the later forms and the last (?) adventure zone require, should I just be dumping all of my experience into adventure stats?

I'm probably about a month from finishing all of the wishes, too, and I don't see any way to bump those adventure stats other than better equipment and metric fucktons of experience.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nervous posted:

Clicker Ultimate

Done a few prestiges, hit the Age of Revolution and there are no new upgrades, just increasing ranks of the resource banks. Do I just keep getting those and eventually new stuff shows up again?

I have also done a few prestiges, and run into the same issue. I will say that without pumping some advancements/prestiges/leaders/maybe other bonuses the resource banks cap out. As far as I can tell, to advance beyond that (this isn't from wikis or anything, just what I've found):

I think you have to unlock some secret upgrades/advancements. The one I think I've found is if you take Charlemagne, you later gain access to Gutenberg, who opens up some other advancements for Printing Press. I haven't got the prestige ability to take multiple leaders yet, but that's my best guess.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I pushed it until something popped up and it said "hey you can't advance until you have a colony" so now I'm in my second run. The prestige upgrades feel so weak I just dumped my two points into "two points for the next prestige"

Yeah, I took the same. Hasty is basically free if you've got pending prestige points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is WAMI still worth playing, or should I jump straight to FAPI?

I've pretty much bear Research Idle at this point, looking for a third idler.