Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

something posted:

the plan for .427 was to get to that but then i realized it was gonna require some more reworking than i have time for to let you sort + filter at the same time. def. not enough time for my launch this friday. so tl;dr you'll get it maaaybe early sept.

I can't find anywhere that you talk about the plan for .427, what's being introduced/changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I've had so many zero adventure stat money pits, I manually save before every money pit to be safe.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Or just unequip all the mcguffins you don't want to level before you use your single-target macguffin spell/fruit and then re-equip before you rebirth

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
How do I actually make Nanotubes in Evolve? I don't see any building that creates them or option under Crafting

Hup nevermind it's in Factories, got it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Having access to Temples and religious research speeds up your second run considerably.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If somebody's willing to answer in spoilers, can I ask how do Automerge Slots in NGU affect how you lay out the various parts of the Exile. Do I just tuck 'em up there irregardless?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
How do I make an Air Gem? I can only make an Arcane one right now

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Turns out it was Enchanting skill that did more specific gem types. Now I just have to figure out how to increase my max storage of enchanted gems ...

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
One thing that is knocking me on my rear end with Arcanum is that it's making me sort of feel like I'm roleplaying with an idle/incremental game. At least this run I'm trying to avoid doing evil things because I want to just be the goofy harmless book-eating wizard who balances running an inn with studying ghosts and entertaining people with magic tricks for cash.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there a prestige mechanic yet in Arcanum? I haven't seen anything about one

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I just loaded my game up and it bumped me back to the room at the inn, I still have all my furniture (a castleful) but even when I got to 10k gold it wouldn't let me click the Castle in the Home tab.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

yeah

ita mostly replaced my old kingdom of loathing fix

There's a KoL reference boss in NGU! Our boy thought of everything.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hey something! NGU question - is AC Skater in the Rad-Lands supposed to not have a crown by the name? It's labeled BOSS and is in all caps but I wasn't sure if that was a ha-ha goof somehow or an uh-oh goof. Also you missed a perfect opportunity to make a 28 Day Slater joke.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Maybe if you like shift- or control- click it, it turns all the existing boosts in your inventory to that type of boost?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I remember back in the day when Troll challenges were first introduced it was possible that a Big Troll timer countdown could hit zero and not give you a troll at all, which of course made me insanely paranoid and caused me to frantically click around trying to figure out what had changed. I'm still a little mad that something fixed that.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The new golems are cute and spew fiery destruction so I'm amused

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm playing RG on Android and for some reason this Research isn't opening. I'm playing as Fairy and have the required researches completed but it won't open up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
That's not it (the red x is covering up the !) - tried abdicating, closing the game, etc. Maybe if I export to desktop and back?

And the g00f wiki says it's just those researches and playing as Fairy that's required.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If I beat Exile V4 do I need to beat Boss 300 in the same rebirth or do I just need to have done them both at some point in order to go to Sadistic?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

something posted:

Regular Black Pen (adds +2 tier to all incoming cards for 24 hours, also 40k ap)

This is genius

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Hail dino satan

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there a current AutoTrimps somewhere? I can't seem to find one.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Looks like you beat the game!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there a special setting I have to do in AutoTrimps to run The Prison automatically? Or does the Unique Map setting handle it and just take a while to farm beforehand? I'm doing an Electricity portal and it's taking me a little past zone 80.

Edit: Hup there we go, just needed to farm a little first.

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 2, 2020

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Yup, maps is maps no matter what

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Rynoto posted:

Try the Scripting Edition instead. It removes a gently caress load of the busy work with automation and just lets you plan out long term stuff with a bunch of options. If you're still on your first run though I'd suggest just using autoFight because lol gently caress manually doing that.

Warning that the options contain spoilers for later game stuff.

Where do you see the options? it looks like the normal Evolve to me

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Sage Grimm posted:

Matter Dimensions updated, new layer: Biological. And better quality of life upgrade positioning. My recommendation for it has perked up!
http://semenar.ru/matter-dim-test/index.html

I don't get this so far - I got one 1st Matter Dimension and I got stuck at .700 matter, and now it's going down and I can't seem to afford anything else

Edit: ooh I got a photon

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 25, 2021

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I still can't wrap my brain around how the mechanics interact in Matter Dimensions. I'm doing Photonic Challenge 2 and if there's no energy produced, how do I reset? My matter and antimatter just keep going up slowly.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I think I'm not smart enough to play Matter Dimensions, I can't wrap my brain around what makes some stuff go up and some stuff go down, and accidentally shooting myself in the foot getting some upgrades/dimensions that make other stuff work less or differently without much clear explanation is just making it feel weird and arbitrary

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Inadequately posted:

Orb of Creation from a few pages back got an update. It’s the one where you can assemble and customize spells out of symbols. It’s pretty complex once the spatial upgrades open up, I haven’t gotten that far into it yet.

Lmao when I got to the summon tital (sic) wave spell it gave me like 200 levels of spellcasting ability and the game completely exploded (also in a good way) - crafting, knowledge, and alchemy caps don't have nearly enough options for upgrading, I feel like the bookshelves go really slowly.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Some of the rules that AT has makes it really unreliable before you're hitting Zone 60 regularly. It can be an initial hurdle but last time I played it I enjoyed it in spite of the slow start even with AT.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
NG Space Company is reasonably fun at the moment but I feel like I've hit a wall on my first run - I've got about 10 rings right now (call me Shang-Chi) and I unlocked the Comms wonder but WOW is Communication expensive right now! Should I just keep going on Dyson stuff?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the second floor of wonders are largely for your second and beyond runs. Big focus now is just getting to your dyson sphere.

250th segment prices per the discord are somewhere in the range of 42 million titanium, 14 million gold, 28 million silicon, 14 million ice, and 180k meteorite.

Nice, thanks. I figured out the ratio of price for each ingredient to try to even out the production as much as possible - Meteor 1, Ice/Gold 100, Silicon 200, Titanium 300.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Even just getting like 45 Dark Matter my second run has been insanely fast by comparison.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm really having fun with Orb of Creation, it's been neat to see it change over time

My favorite spell combo at present:
Attune Orb x 4, Amass Power, Arcane Inspiration. With Heavy and Dilated glyphs I'm getting like 4 billion scrolls a minute.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Basically everything can be automated at some point.

When you get the next World Aspect, there's a point that wasn't articulated well that I discovered by mistake -

You can run the same transmutation/alchemy recipe multiple times up to your Capacity by clicking on it again from the Recipes field, and cancel one iteration of it at a time by clicking on it under the Active Alchemy field.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Hughlander posted:

Aspect: Alchemy Lab... What's the icon that I need 40 of and how do I get it? Clicking on it does nothing, mousing over it does nothing et al.

If it's the little hand in the circle, that's Control from the Transfigure spell.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Does anybody still have or know where to find that NG Spacecompany script that autoupgrades storage?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Definitely took about two to three days to complete everything in Dodeca, not a bad little diversion but definitely something that could be built upon in the future.

Has there been an update to Orb of Creation? I felt like once it hit Steam it just fizzled out entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Mega Structures thus far look like one that decreases souls per creature purchase by 50% per building, and one that increases research by 25% per building. They're not shockingly expensive but definitely would take time/effort to get to. I'm thinking of research/buildings as like, alternate progression for long runs and boosting up banners by 150-200 creatures at a time in like 2-minute runs when I have a moment to be active. It's an okay diversion but I'm definitely stalling while waiting for the next interesting thing to pop up.