Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
I don't know if anyone is still playing Cavernous, but when I finally figured out my 10 gold path and unlocked the second clone it was a genuine galaxy brain moment for me.

Highly recommend, would idle again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Was this before or after killing the Goblin? Those two and the lava pit seem to be my main impediments now and am not sure which needs to be tackled first.

I did it before the goblin, at mana 61? The amount of iron mining and forging you need to do for both bridges AND equipment felt way too tight for me, so I wanted to unlock another clone so I could keep cost parity but also park someone at the vaporizer. Gonna try goblin tonight!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Any chance you could post an image of which 10 gold you hit? All the routes I’ve tried I’ve been too short on while still having to get 2-3 bridges.

Can do, give me some time to get home since I'm on mobile at the minute but I'll quote you again and post it a relatively soon!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Any chance you could post an image of which 10 gold you hit? All the routes I’ve tried I’ve been too short on while still having to get 2-3 bridges.

gold and iron are numbered in the order I mined them, bridges I used are marked in green x's.

You'll need 6 iron for bridges throughout the run, I marked them in order of how I farmed them: double back to the forge/anvil to build your second bridge after you mine #5, cross the top left and get the gold up there and the last iron you need. On the way back down, build your third bridge, cross over to the east and get the last two gold you need, then haul rear end for the clone square.

I did this with no vaporizing (obviously) and roughly 60 mana, you may need to grind your mining skill up (I think mine was at 18) a bit to make this work so that you spend less time actually traversing through the blocks.

Hope it helps!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Yeah, for me the moment it clicked was when I realized I needed to minimize as much as possible the distances I was walking away from the clone square, especially since you already have to backtrack to the forge a few times. My earlier attempts were all focused on farming out the entire east side of the map, but it was just too much walking. Keeping everything as tight to the center and being really careful about not digging out squares you don't need to walk through got me there with just a few seconds to spare.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Gilg posted:

Any thoughts on Dragon Cliff, https://store.steampowered.com/app/758190/Dragon_Cliff/ , on sale through Steam for $3.49?

Just from looking at the Steam page for it, it looks like an RPG-Maker-style flavor of Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms or any of the other sixteen games that use the exact same re-skinned mechanics.

The inventory management alone looks like a living nightmare, and I played NGU since launch, so that should tell you

something

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Ignoranus posted:

You can also press the corresponding keyboard key to gain whichever prestige level (e.g. press "p" to get prestige points or "b" to get boosters) or even hold them down to reset continuously. It may not save you from having to grab a little at a time on Enhance Points but it's at least marginally easier. Especially during that irritating T3 period where you're re-buying Booster/Generator upgrades repeatedly.

whaaaaaaaaaat.

Thanks for this, that saves me a loving shitload of effort, I've been manually clicking everything to switch and using an autohotkey button to turboclick to spend.

And it was there the whole time.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

explosivo posted:

I think I'm actually coming around on Idleon, it's rough starting out but once I figured out what I'm supposed to be doing it's kinda neat. I just got my second character and think I can see where this is going and am sorta looking forward to seeing more now.

Edit:also patching it to change how long dropped stuff lasts for helps a ton too. I didn't even realize at first that I had to manually pick stuff up.

I'm super hooked, about to hit my 4th character tonight. Once it clicks for you how to split up resource gathering and take full advantage of the shared stash, everything gets real fun. It's definitely a slow burn of a start but it was like that with Idle Skilling too, the guy's self proclaimed dev attitude is better to start slow and buff later than let people skyrocket to power at the beginning and have to nerf stuff

There's also a tonnnn of secret/weird/undocumented easter egg type stuff and its a blast figuring it out

Post more stuff, I wanna compare notes and builds and the like

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Do we have a Goon World/Server for Legends of Idleon?

Until guilds are implemented there's no real reason to play in the same instance but you can hang out with me on carrot #4 if you really want!

Aiming to unlock my 5th character today, I am sold on this premise

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
For mages, even, leave them full combat. It's trivial to get logs on alternate characters because of the daily chopping minigame, and the amount you need overall is way less than mining-related materials.

Class levels are worth way more talent points than skill levels, so pushing as high as you can before respeccing to a full crafter build is always worth it. To unlock the fifth character, at a bare minimum, you need 4 people whose main levels are some combination of 33/33/33/31.

I stopped leveling my warrior at 20 originally and respecced it to full mining, and that was a huge mistake. She's a level 18 miner now, but I was really feeling the loss of those extra 30 talent points now that I'm trying to max efficiency on iron ore. Swapped back over to full combat this morning and she's trucking along towards 31, but now I'm down to 2 respec potions and not happy with where that puts me with respect to farming the first boss.

It's likely always better to stay full combat until you get to a comfortable place to push for char #5, you can still mine resources AFK at way lower efficiency even without the relevant skills.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
You can respec any time with the appropriate item - when you complete the level 10 quest from Prometheus that lets you pick a class, you get 1 full respec potion and 7 respec shards. 10 shards makes another potion, you can buy 1 shard per day from every shop (there are three shops open as of now).

It's slow and slightly expensive to make new potions in the beginning, so using the full potions you get from new characters sparingly is important. New patch is coming either late today or tomorrow apparently, where a few more potions per character will be awarded to make it a little easier to experiment/reclass.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Those are fixed with no plans to let you completely reroll a character slot at the moment, so try and match it up to what you intend to have that character do down the line e.g. book worm for a mage, and so forth.

One caveat to that is you may want to roll your second archer with the luck sign if you plan on turning them into a rare drop farmer, but otherwise try and keep em' lined up.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
You're almost there, mainstat actually sucks for damage, on pretty much every class you want max sharpened axe on the first tab and your dead center skill on the second
Base weapon damage way outscales damage gains from mainstat.

Like, on the order of 3 times as much.

Also try not to spend talent points on accuracy or defense until you absolutely have to, stamps will give you huge flat bonuses and they're account-wide, also every piece of armor can be slotted with stones from the town shop for extra defense in a big way, like +30 defense all told

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 18, 2020

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

KazigluBey posted:

LoI, the idea the thread has put forward is that you should get some combat focused characters first and farmers after? So like, how correct/wrong is it to go 1 war/arch/mage first and then do like one of each focused on their respective farming?

I say go with what keeps you best engaged with the game, if crafting/farming is what you like the best then you'll want to start that content earlier.

But, You get 3 talent points in each tab for a main level up, but only 1 for a crafter's level. If you start mining at level 20 for example you'll basically have 60 points per tab to put into skills, and then let's say you get to level 10 mining, that's 80 total points, which is going to make getting higher levels in mining a very slow affair.

If you keep leveling up your main class to say, 30, that's 90 points per tab to play with, and then 10 in mining gets you a total of 200 points. That's a huge difference in terms of being able to invest into farming-specfic skills.

Since respec potions are fairly limited, it's not easy to swap back and forth between a leveling/xp setup and a farming setup, so you want to reduce the number of times you need to change your skills around as much as possible, which means focusing on combat and gaining levels up front is an attractive idea.

You get points for every skill you level up, even if it's not your main specialization, so even your mining-focused character is going to want to level up their chopping, fishing, catching, etc for the extra talent points.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Lone Goat posted:

gating attempts (not kills) on a boss on a daily timer is such hideous game design. I knew they were trying to emulate an mmo with this but "you hosed up once in a 9 minute fight, try again tomorrow" its not a game I'm interested in playing.

too bad, it looked like it had potential.

I do agree that there should at least be a way to practice the fight with no loot drops in order to remove some of the anxiety about wasting the keys on your first few attempts or on a new class, there's already a difficulty slider so the groundwork is potentially there

The keys are more about limiting loot than they are about artifically inflating the difficulty though, you get 1 per day per character that reaches the village, and 3 for every dog bone quest, so eventually you hit a point where you're killing it 11 times in a row

Speaking of which, the boss drops that white headband and the rare pants at a much higher rate than the other mobs that drop it (mushrooms, frogs, beans)

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

please knock Mom! posted:

The idleon world 1 boss was pretty painless as warrior for me. If you stand at his feet only the stomp and extending fist can hit you, so you just run back a bit.

Does anyone know stuff about alchemy? What are some must have upgrades? I’m just buying random stuff to increase production rate.

Quick and dirty rundown

Cauldrons: assign people to them to generate bar, spend bar to brew a new bubble or upgrade the cauldron. When you brew, it rolls a chance to unlock, chance goes down with each new bubble but you can boost it for better chances. Tiny bubbles are account-wide bonuses, big bubbles must be equipped and are really cool. Focus on unlocking a few small bubbles in each cauldron and then pick one of the four to try for a big one. The yellow one is what I am focusing on, the big bubble for that is a chance to give you a gift every time you level up anything, and the gifts are goooood stuff (xp baloons, talent reset frags, etc)

Waters: this is the main currency for upgrading alchemy. Assign people to generate water which you then use in tandem with other resources to boost, well, pretty much everything. You can also spend water to buy items on the shelf, most are trash garbage. More types of water unlock as you reach level 20/40/60 alchemy on one character.

Vials: weirdly implemnted but powerful. Stand in town in front of the alchemy cauldron and drag raw materials out of your inventory and onto the ground, itll roll a die and you have to beat a target number. More powerful vials have higher numbers to beat (copper is 1, goldfish is 84 for example). Vials are account wide buffs that do nice stuff, like more weapon power, more money, or chance to count one kill as two for purposes of unlocking portals. You start with 3 attempts a day but can upgrade for more. May have to scroll left or right on mobile to see unlocked vials, the room is wide.

Pay2Win: various speed and capacity buffs that you buy with gold, easy

Enjoy, theres a lot of content locked in that little pot and its very powerful

Edit: oh, and you get x2 alchemy xp an hour by generating water than you do from generating cauldron bars so you may want to rotate people around to level them up faster at lower levels

Using xp baloons in town 2 will award alchemy xp and its a fantastic place to spend them.

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 21, 2020

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Idleon barbarians are absolutely the most useful subclass because of their taunt and many cleave attacks, they're also the easiest class to push high accuracy on because of how much high wisdom gear the game has at this particular stage. They're also perfect for farming the colosseum, which you should definitely be doing as much as possible because the iron boots recipe that drops from the 10k+ points chest is disgustingly overpowered for early game.

That being said, I discovered a ridiculous shaman build that shits out 7k damage basic attacks and she is currently dominating every single thing she sees in world 2, even coconuts, at only level 38??? Nerf incoming, probably.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

please knock Mom! posted:

It’s wild that warrior gets infinite cleave while archers get........ +25% droprate?

Much like the idiotically powerful shaman build I made, I think I have a similarly stupid one for bowman waiting in the wings but I want to hit 40 before I respec into it to make sure, there's a lotttt of janky synergy between skills that most people are not exploring because they just want the cookie-cutter meta builds

Also reset potions are hard to come by still, kinda, so I get it

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Arzaac posted:

I'm a bit curious as to what it would be, because I don't feel like there are that many skills that would be useful outside of the ones used in meta builds.

I'm thinking it has to do with either the +% damage on minigame, or +% damage on green vials. Or maybe both, actually. Is it just straight up taking advantage of the fact that all multipliers are multiplicative instead of additive now?

Also for that matter, for Bowman are you thinking of taking advantage of the newly buffed SpeedNA?

The shaman build actually doesn't rely on shaman skills except for just buying 1 in each active for afk gains, like you just described in your post. It's more about using the tab 2 buyback talent to pump mage skills, once you're looking at like 100 extra talent points in that tab you can do some pretty nuts stuff. I'm definitely working on making as many vials green as I can, because that's a huge boost in damage once I have some breathing room with points.

The SpeedNA talent buff is pretty nice but the one I'm working on right now is about foregoing Have Another (since doubleshot doesn't do poo poo for offline gains) in order to do some wonky stuff with Piercing Arrow, it's gonna play havoc with the AFK calculations I think, but in practice it should be insane.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
If you want a peek at what progression is going to look like about a month from now, the gear on anvil tab #2 is out-of-control expensive.

One of the quests that currently gates main story progression is to give someone 300 bullets.

One bullet costs 10 of the 4th type of wood, 10 of the first type of bug, and a single hot dog.

And that's just one example of the madness yet to come, so I actually highly recommend two of each class for your first 6 characters. As much as everyone is very much in the mindset that mining is super important (still true) it doesnt matter if you can collect the 80000 gold ore if you need to then spend two weeks farming bugs to spend it

Also two alchemy progression tips:

You need a fair amount of distilled water for crafting, the cost increases by 1 for every purchase but resets daily - if you buy a few cheap ones every day you'll have a solid stock by the time you need it

Buying extra vial rolls in the pay2win tab is comparatively expensive, but for a handful of gold you significantly increase the speed at which you can accumulate them

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Idleon's first boss has two hitboxes, his foot and his shoulder. Warriors should attack the foot, mages and archers should climb up and hit the shoulder. Instead of doing a spike stomp like he does on the ground, he does an uppercut - archer's extra range makes it so he cannot hit you with this, mages need to juke backwards a bit to dodge. He still does the rocket punch up there, but it can't go further than the vine behind you to the left, so just tun past that. You will need to dodge the sword swipe as well, so if he raises his sword -behind- his head, pop down to the platform past the spike trap. If he raises his sword straight up, that's the fireball attack.

Its all super telegraphed and every single attack can be dodged.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Agent355 posted:

There is going to be a tab in your inventory that tells you which ones you've used and which you haven't.

Like a collectable list with ??? spaces or something. We know it's going to be a status screen in the inventory but not exactly how it'll work.

I kinda was hoping that it would just include a tooltip directly on the item itself 'you've already used this' so I didn't have to cross-reference with a stat screen.

On the other hand it would make it easy to see, at a glance, which ones you haven't done yet. So give and take I guess.

It'll be added to the codex, I believe. He posted a work in progress screenshot of what it looks like on discord, its an image of every possible bag with the ones you have on that character filled in, and the rest as empty outlines.

In the meantime if youre worried about using capacity bags on somone just pull an overfull stack of x out of the stash and it'll pull your max capacity out so you can crosscheck it.

Should be update 1.05 this weekend with s lot of quality of life additions!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Just a heads up that the holiday event in Idelon went live, a bunch more bugfixes and qol changes went out and you get a good amount of premium currency for doing the daily quests.

If you havent played since tasks and cards got added its a whole lot of content to explore!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

zzMisc posted:

Sounds like Legends of Idleon might be your jam, though it's still in development.

Think of an MMO that you used to play with gathering/crafting and an in-game economy, where inevitably you would just end up creating characters with each skill to trade with yourself so you didn't have to rely on that economy. Now take out that inter-player economy, add limited character slots per account with AFK farming while logged out, and you have an idler that plays like an MMO you were progressing in on your own.

Speaking of Idelon, there is a massive content patch dropping tonight, hopefully in a few hours, that adds guilds, among other things.

I will warn that as content continues to get added it is definitely becoming less and less of an idle game and more of a legit mmo that you play constantly active, although it can certainly be played idle if you really want to?

It is very fun though and has a lot of "number go up" mechanics to satisfy min-maxers and casual players alike.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
re: Legends of Idelon

guilds launched, but they have a pretty low player cap, 34 people maximum (for now, maybe?)

but if you are active and playing I am happy to take you in, just search for "pizza is free" and request an invite

it's a discord inside joke but we got some serious firepower and you'll be happy there I guess

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
shot myself in the foot there, guild cap increases pretty fast the more people that join, so bigger guilds get bigger faster

we're almost up to 50 people but there's plenty of room to keep taking invites, and yes it's account wide so it doesn't matter which character you join on - again if you're interested just search "pizza is free" in the guild tab and I'll happily take you since there's room for about 100 more as we keep growing

there's a really lovely in-app guild chat that you can use to ask basic questions, but for more complex stuff like build advice I really either recommending stopping by the discord (for which there's a link in the options tab) or checking out the wiki for the game which is run by some pretty solid people and has good advice????

anyway keep clicking that request button, we're way outpacing even some of the big whales at the moment who thought they would dominate this dumb garbage, goon supremacy

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Aerox posted:

I joined the guild last night but it looks like I got booted out already?

There was a lot of shuffling in the first day of release unfortunately, because of how guild xp ended up working, but the membership cap is pretty comfortable now so send another request!

'pizza is free' for any other Idelon players who want a guild.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Lone Goat posted:

Pro tip to any Idle On players looking to get the secret 7th class: start saving your hot dogs now.

It takes like a jillion peanuts to do the quest line and it takes multiple days of cleaning out the vendors to get them all.

But also dont rush into taking it, it's missing the third stage of evolution that the other classes all have, and is best used right now to farm low-level drops to feed your higher-level regular classes.

You should be buying hotdogs every day, but you have time stilll.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Epsilon Plus posted:

also, do we have enough Idleon players to form a guild, or should I just slum it somewhere? I checked the last few pages and didn't see anything

Accepted you, but for anyone else in need, pizza is free is the place to be!

We're about to hit guild level 20 this weekend, so plenty of slots and good bonuses available.

Chakan posted:

Speaking of, is there a rough guide for where to put talent points? Or would someone spit out a few words on the subject?

For "put the points in these to be the best at x" you'll want the guides over at the Idelon Toolbox:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cY3vg1Z-AgOtIcV128D6kSLQRJE_-MUMtyqW0086Zmk/edit?usp=sharing

It's maintained by the top theory people on Discord and the builds themselves are curated by the #1 top-leveled player so you can trust in their legitimacy, but as a result they tend to focus on idle gains above all else.

There's a few active builds on there, but in general early game you want to have as much accuracy as you need to 100% hit what you're killing or working towards killing, as much weapon power and damage percentage bonus as you can get after that, and at least 1 point in every active skill.

What you focus on after that depends if you're playing active or afk. Levels are more important than anything else, because the higher your level the more talent points you get to spend and the more character slots you unlock.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Lilli posted:

Who do I message for an invite to Pizza is Free?

No need to message anyone just request an invite through the in-game guild menu - you gotta type pizza is free in all lowercase, though.

I can't log on to accept it for another 4 hours or so, but I'll process it then.

Speaking of, the dev did a livestream last night announcing the top 25 guilds ranked by their generated experience points since launch, and we came in at #8 which is pretty impressive!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

zzMisc posted:

I might be bouncing off Idleon here pretty soon. I liked the idea and structure, and when I first started getting up to 3 days' worth of boss keys I thought hey, that's a good way to time-gate progression without actually requiring me to log in just to click a thing every single day. Then I unlocked the post office and joined a guild, and now the game is just a set chores I have to log in and do every day. I can't even post about it on the discord where it might be seen, because apparently my occasional chattering hasn't been enough to reach 'poop' status yet. I don't know if I should stay in the guild or not if I'm only occasionally and haphazardly getting GP.

Don't worry about gp generation, just being as active as you can and turning in dailies as you're able is fine by me for now. There's a maximum of 470 a week that you can actively generate, but just by being in the guild you contribute 10 a day passively. Don't worry about daily tasks anyway, a lot of them can't reasonably be completed until you're much higher levelled, and you'll be happier be just focusing on playing the game the way you want and not burning out trying to check off every box every day.

There's a very big content patch coming in about two weeks adding a new world, a bunch of new skills, 5 more character slots, and a ton of automation mechanics that will streamline a lot of early progression, so even if you take a break now it should be comparatively trivial to catch up later.

As for official discord, if you'd rather shoot the breeze in guild chat we finally put a server together, so come hang out in

https://discord.gg/n8AFKAjtFe

instead?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Just a heads up, Legends of Idleon is scheduled to release on Steam tomorrow alongside another quality of life patch. If you're a completionist type, there will be a unique item tied to its launch window, so don't miss out???

It'll be crossplay with the mobile and web versions, so no issue jumping between them all.

The 'pizza is free' guild still has about ten slots open, so come join if you want to!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Atoramos posted:

Wife and I are interested in Idleon, curious what the goon guild is?

We have a discord, as well:

https://discord.gg/n8AFKAjtFe

Come play, theres a big big content upgrade coming in the next few weeks

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I'm actively enjoying my time with NGU-I but there are definitely a few early game bumps that I think can be assuaged?

Tutorial island's cost to unlock additional tiles seems very high for certain sections, which since it's a tutorial, seems needless. Having to completely revamp my entire island to generate 8k hard drives just to unlock one extra square so that it's .05% easier to make rockets is not a great feeling trade.

I also really wish that combat unit generation was somehow divorced from the map, space is already at enough of a premium and the units are expensive enough that it seems like not having them built from the map, but rather in a separate barracks queue would be preferrable, so you can continue to progress your offense/defense while still pushing for actual materials and research.

Isopod isn't a huge source of materials in the early game as far as I can see, but making it easier to progress offense/defense levels without impacting the general flow of the map could take some of the pressure off tier 4 progression?

It's still fun, I played NGU for years from the start and this new game is pressing some of the same buttons, but there's definitely a lack of "I am getting better at this in real time and that's making me want to keep chasing upgrades" feeling.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I just found out today by complete accident that if you click and drag you can change every square on the map to what you're dragging, which makes bulldozing and rebuilding significantly less of a pain in the rear end, that should probably be pointed out in like the third step of the tutorial???

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I've been playing a bunch of ISEPS on my phone the last week, it's got a pretty decent gameplay loop but it's unfortunately next to unplayable unless you buy the 5 dollar no-ads pack.

The rest of the IAP is insanely overpriced but they throw premium currency at you like crazy just for playing normally so it's not horrendous unless you want to be at endgame Right Now Immediately.

I recently got a new phone so running it at max settings is very soothing in an early 90s winamp visualization kind of way?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
I had some pretty crazy real life stuff happen in the last couple months and had to shelve it temporarily, but a huge update to legends of idleon is out now, whole new world, like 17 new mechanics, crazy amount of content is up and running

It's gonna take me a couple of days to get my bearings back but if you're popping in to check on the new patch and want a guild, pizza is free has been trucking along in my absence and we still have a handful of open slots, request whenever

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Meskhenet posted:

Who is the boss? that house thing?no

Amarok, a big wolf golem thing

You have to go to the zone with the wooden plank monsters and finish the dog bone quest to get keys to unlock his room and kill him

P.s. I've been taking a break while world 3 gets some more content so apologies for anyone who has been requesting invites to pizza is free, if anyone in here is active in the guild let me know and I'll promote you so you can accept invites?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Meskhenet posted:

What is the goon idleon guild and how do i join?

Pizza is free is the guild, I'll try and hop on tomorrow afternoon to process the queue, have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Jehuti posted:

The biggest problem with idleon is that some poo poo just straight up does not work, you don't know it doesnt work until you invest in it, and the dev won't fix it.
Trying to find what doesnt work or how game mechanics actually work means sifting thru the discord which sucks because... its discord.

The dev also refuses to hire help, which sucks, and even though he has multi people literally showing where he mistyped formulas or made coding mistakes it takes him months to address.

I used to love, live, love and live Idelon but the extreme bloat of mechanics finally burned me off of it, likely for good? By the time world 3 came out I was spending like 11 hours a day messing with al it's poo poo across 9 characters and it was too much

I know he promised it would be all automated soon and I dunno if he ever made good on that promise but it's a very Big Hurdle to get back into it?

That being said if someone wants to get admin privileges to the goon guild (pizza is free) PM me and I'll set it up, we used to be top 5 in the game but I let it languish like crazy after W3 dropped