Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Dinictus posted:

Huh. Seems you missed picking your Henchman because you stalled picking them earlier.

Thanks for keeping track of that, game.

Nah, they pop back in a video or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My other attempt ended up with no one ever learning the third tier minion stuff and progress stopped. Glad there is a patch for the game.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Recruitment continues. I want to get all the special minions before advancing the plot to much!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does it take three KOs from the super agents, to kill a henchman?

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
Three KOs while on the island. Takedowns on the world map never count.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

There is a super agent on the island. Lets see what she does!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Nice. More content. I'm a bit anxious about you keeping treasure, even Uber Loot in open hallways, though :ohdear:

You do seem to have that old Laboratory at your trap corner open still. Maybe demolish that as Agents can roll into safety there.

Also glad to see you embracing Spin Doctors. As they sap Smarts, that means no more Heat on any witnesses when that zeroes out.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks like you need a huge recreational area in the middle of the base so the minions won't desert.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Scalding Coffee posted:

Looks like you need a huge recreational area in the middle of the base so the minions won't desert.

Or maybe I just need to shoot more of them?

I'm not far from switching islands IIRC, so I'm kinda limiting my base design. no point in wasting cash on things I'll just need to rebuild later.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Dinictus posted:

Nice. More content. I'm a bit anxious about you keeping treasure, even Uber Loot in open hallways, though :ohdear:

I used to do this in a three-wide main hallway (after my trap halls of course) as it passively keeps loyalty high whenever minions run past them. Just like I'd put the most powerful piece of loot in the control room.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

I complete my collection of minions, and now can push on to get the doomsday device plans!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Lets collect up the last bits before moving on.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I used to do this in a three-wide main hallway (after my trap halls of course) as it passively keeps loyalty high whenever minions run past them. Just like I'd put the most powerful piece of loot in the control room.

Terrifying considering lost Uber Loot is lost forever.

I must do this sometime.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

How do you survive the move to island 2? Your nerves must be shot!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Are you going to spend like five videos moving to island 2? I'e seen a couple videos of base setup there which seem to be about 2-3 hours of clicking and moving things on pause and the obscenely terrifying wait of having utterly EVERYTHING sitting in the open.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Grey Hunter posted:

A corridor lined with doors set at highest access level, thus having guards stationed at it. You get plenty of space by decommissioning unnecessary rooms.

Now, the scramble to rebuild come Island 2 is the real nerve wracking part, making sure all pieces of Loot spawned after the transition and getting a small, temporary setup for them up and running.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

wedgekree posted:

Are you going to spend like five videos moving to island 2? I'e seen a couple videos of base setup there which seem to be about 2-3 hours of clicking and moving things on pause and the obscenely terrifying wait of having utterly EVERYTHING sitting in the open.

Nah, I'm just going to wing it like I normally do.

I'll be fiiiiiinne.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

This move is probably the hardest and most awkward part of the game in my opinion.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

This move is probably the hardest and most awkward part of the game in my opinion.
Especially since the game keeps running like usual with agents and super agents spawning as if you had even finished your most basic rooms.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

New island here we come!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
rip miniaturized Eiffel Tower.

But yeah, this is the nailbiter portion alright.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking at that chaotic mess of a line waiting at the pier, and all I can think is that the game very accurately simulates a moving trip. Or really any "organized" trip.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm looking at that chaotic mess of a line waiting at the pier, and all I can think is that the game very accurately simulates a moving trip. Or really any "organized" trip.

Is it bad to think that the most dangerous bit in the entire game is the 'moving' bit? As all your stuff is outside, the area is swarming with agents, your minions have.. Less direction than normal and no actual areas to regenerate in and setting up the base requires several minutes of making things - plus you need enough money to and you've no doubt taken a ton of losses in the leadup to the move anyways.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A goal required a lot of income for a couple minutes straight before leaving the island. You only lose money by spending it or if someone steals it.
I am shocked you don't assign kill orders to disloyal minions.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Lets get that treasure under a roof!

Scalding Coffee posted:

A goal required a lot of income for a couple minutes straight before leaving the island. You only lose money by spending it or if someone steals it.
I am shocked you don't assign kill orders to disloyal minions.

Meh, they are worthless in my eyes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Grey Hunter posted:

[]

Lets get that treasure under a roof!

Meh, they are worthless in my eyes.

At least in the unpatched game, if you capture them and then release them from jail, their loyalty will be back and they won't desert. Plus if you zoom in on them they stop to salute even while getting bashed by your more loyal minions.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

gonadic io posted:

At least in the unpatched game, if you capture them and then release them from jail, their loyalty will be back and they won't desert. Plus if you zoom in on them they stop to salute even while getting bashed by your more loyal minions.

Look if they made good career choices they wouldn't have signed up for someone who ran a 'Secret Evil ORganization' with the job title of 'Minion'.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Running out of money due to my crippling addiction to topside shacks.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So looks like you've had issues with getting things topped off?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Money starts to flow in, and we can start progressing again.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Could be worse I suppose!

You could have ALL The Super Agents.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

wedgekree posted:

Could be worse I suppose!

You could have ALL The Super Agents.

This has happened to me. All of the bastards on my island at the same time. And that one son of a bitch wasting all my valets! That was when I switched to a bee based defense system.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

The codex of Knowalge will be mine!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
oh yeah, trying to punch someone who's in a dead sprint is another whole thing in this, isn't it?

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Grey, do realise that you left the painting artifact on the wall in the entry room? And that the heat you got from that agent around the two minute mark was him spotting that?

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 16, 2019

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pickled Tink posted:

Grey, do realise that you left the painting artifact on the wall in the entry room? And that the heat you got from that agent around the two minute mark was him spotting that?

I reaslied the two, but did not connect them. Good catch!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

[]

Ivan shows us what he's got!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Ivan shows us what he's got!

An RPG

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Well you got Frostonova in your base now. And no more Dojo :v:

This is why you always keep an eye out for inaccessible areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Dinictus posted:

Well you got Frostonova in your base now. And no more Dojo :v:

This is why you always keep an eye out for inaccessible areas.

Yeah, things are going to get interesting....

And I'm not sure what inaccessible means in this situation.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 17, 2019