Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
It'd be nice if among the UI improvements for 'out in the world' would include Not having the 'hide' command time out after X seconds and yo ucould put minions on it until turned off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Does the mod do anything to address the economic issues this game had? At least for play balance/sanity purposes?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Which set of evil minions are worse at their jobs without supervision?

Minions from Overlord (the game) or Minions from Evil Genius?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
The mere fact you can setup an infinite wind trap is reason enough to do so

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

With the relatively dull above ground work compete, I can get to work building up my notoriety quickly! Things should start moving a bit quicker from here on out!

By that you mean 'have the island invaded by the heroic forces of good and leveled completedly', right?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Glad to see you've played the same game I have!

I really have never been sure the best strat for this section - but once I've cleared some of the easy land missions, I'll get the conference of evil going.

Somehow once got heat extremely high and when I had a swarm of investigators around my base accidentally tagged someone with a kill order, then hit the 'red alert' bit and got a rather large melee going on.. Which in turn got the island kind of leveled. Instantly.

I liked the game! But never really played it far - I never quite figured out the UI of it.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Might it be possibly I dunno if you're having issues with a small training room to make abig training room?

And is one guard station enough to monitor all the stuff?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yayyy! Make sure that you have the guard stations properly setup. And is it worth it to setup another training area given the small size of the one you have functioning so you can get more minions up to decent standards?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Can you summarize when we get to voting what each henchy can do?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Wil lgo for Moko and then [b]Montezuma[/]

How can we call ourselves an evil genius i we don't have someone who specializes in hypnosis? Or giant top hat? Third torn between Mesmero and Lord Kane just as they both have awesome abilities.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

How do you survive the move to island 2? Your nerves must be shot!

Are you going to spend like five videos moving to island 2? I'e seen a couple videos of base setup there which seem to be about 2-3 hours of clicking and moving things on pause and the obscenely terrifying wait of having utterly EVERYTHING sitting in the open.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm looking at that chaotic mess of a line waiting at the pier, and all I can think is that the game very accurately simulates a moving trip. Or really any "organized" trip.

Is it bad to think that the most dangerous bit in the entire game is the 'moving' bit? As all your stuff is outside, the area is swarming with agents, your minions have.. Less direction than normal and no actual areas to regenerate in and setting up the base requires several minutes of making things - plus you need enough money to and you've no doubt taken a ton of losses in the leadup to the move anyways.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

gonadic io posted:

At least in the unpatched game, if you capture them and then release them from jail, their loyalty will be back and they won't desert. Plus if you zoom in on them they stop to salute even while getting bashed by your more loyal minions.

Look if they made good career choices they wouldn't have signed up for someone who ran a 'Secret Evil ORganization' with the job title of 'Minion'.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So looks like you've had issues with getting things topped off?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Could be worse I suppose!

You could have ALL The Super Agents.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Ivan shows us what he's got!

An RPG

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So is it worth it to put a half dozen sentry guns down random corridors? They seem less likely to spring nerve gas on minions.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yay for hilarious torture!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Have you been able to track where the old ninja went to? I mean like he's.. Escaped what, four times now? I'd almost give him prpos for it then remember each time he resists an interrogation your minions forget him and randomly wander off.

Is that something the patch fixes?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'd like to nuke Nashville while the opportunity arises. I mean, we can rid the world of the scourge of Country Music.

Also we can find out if our nukes work!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yay! For the death of that Steele and his Dossiere!

And Dungeons 3? Has a lot of DLC and is kind of cool. Or Majesty 2?

If an RPG rather than a Strategy Game appeals, Bard's Tale IV? I've not seen anyone do that.

Also, a game called 'Unavowed' is a great horror/mystery style adventure game but is pretty casual.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Right. Just need to play barbie with my croctapus and make a title screen....

I'll do 1 first, then maybe two, as I think I got two through Stardock (WTF was I thinking) and may need to re-buy it....

I blame EA.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Majesty's fun. I hit that point where the game got harder than I was willing to play for it, but tis' fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Oh, are spoiler discussions for this game (units, mechanics, etc) okay?