Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did anyone here play Matrix Online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooof, this is not a positive endorsement like the author probably thought it was lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

The Last Jedi owns at how terrible it is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just a couple more days left. The wait is painful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I agree, and get confused when people hate that one worst out of all the fights in the trilogy. At least it had stakes, and a certain brutality to it. The Burly Brawl in Reloaded was like a tech demo, and a bad one.

You're the first person I've seen who thought Two Towers is the best LOTR movie. And, while Matrix Reloaded is better than most people remember, better than the original? Is this really a common opinion? It's the second time I've seen someone in here just take it as face value.

The original Matrix was, like...it was the loving Matrix, god dammit. No, Matrix 2 is not better than it. I get that opinions are subjective, but, no.

lol no, the Matrix Reloaded is not even a good movie, let alone a good Matrix movie either. The person who said that needs to watch more movies. That list is a choice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1998 - 1999 were a really great year for video games. So i'm okay with being forever stuck in a time loop where those games just forever release over and over again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Review embargo is finally up. Nothing is going to stop me from watching this movie, I am excited for it, but its at 66% on rotten tomatoes. Will judge for myself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MJeff posted:

Yeah Catwoman got a bad rap.

Okay lets not get carried away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

Yes, cast Jessica Henwick in more things now please. Thank you. Preferably where she also kicks lots of rear end. I am now imaging if she beat out Daisy Ridley and got to be the lead of the sequel trilogy instead. Having an Asian-coded protagonist in Star Wars would've been so loving cool.

:sigh:

Nah, I wouldn't wish that plague on any actor. I hope she can get casted in actual good movies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Resurrections was a lot better than I thought. I enjoyed it a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaveman posted:

There's no way this was intentional but that Jude guy is totally Jeff Gerstmann

I KNEW HE LOOKED FAMILIAR!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want someone to make a live action movie of the Second Renaissance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

You could watch Will Smith in I, Robot and then Christian Bale in Terminator Salvation back-to-back.

lol this actually makes sense. I like this recommendation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

Also lol, they're both available on HBO Max. It's had to have been 10+ years since I've seen I, Robot. I think I'm gonna watch that tonight. I just reminded myself of the "Converse All-Stars, vintage 2004" shameless product placement scene and Will Smith's "sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit" lmao. Movie owns.

I own it on Amazon Prime, but still want to own the directors cut of Terminator Salvation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBX posted:

We have people that legit think Zack Snyder movies are good.

The Watchmen is one of my favorite comicbook movies, next to V for Vendetta.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fucker posted:

also, the scenes in new zion are great and perhaps the best part of the movie.

The new city is called Io by the way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

[edit] ^^^ :sickos:

Apart from everything with Bugs, Merv's "face zucker suck wiki piss and poo poo" tirade is easily my other favorite part of the movie, lol.

Wife and I screamed with laughter from that part. It was beautiful. We were still laughing after the movie ended over that part and talking about it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Now we need a video game tie-in to the movie that goes even more into the meta

Not quite it, but its the Matrix Unreal Engine 5 tech demo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think a lot of people are missing that In Resurrections, we are not seeing the real Matrix. We are seeing a version of the Matrix that is housing Neo and Trinity. It's a prison exclusively for just these two because they are trouble makers that ruin everything. I like how this mirrors the part where Neo is put in a tower prison in Io.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pospysyl posted:

Nope. Bugs saw Neo when she was a prisoner in the Matrix. Unless they created a sub-Matrix after his suicide attempt, Neo and Trinity are sharing it with others.

Yeah my understanding is that it happens after that event.

[edit]
I guess its me that is wrong, but this is the only way the bot thing makes sense. :cripes:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 25, 2021