Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

The American Dream posted:

Is anything using hexdrinker right now? I want to get a set but with my luck it’ll lose half it’s value a month after I get them.

It's ping ponged back and forth between $10-25ish bucks since it's printing. I just saw $11 and change on Tcgplayer and a set for $45 ish is pretty ok floor for a mythic from a master's only set that does do a thing. Low chance of it taking off but if it does find legs $11 will be a joke

$7.43 was it's lowest price ever but even I'm too lazy to hold out over $16 worth of mythic fun snek but I also don't believe in it enough to get more than the 1 I have.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

InterrupterJones posted:

Yeah, I can’t think of any other reason. There is practically zero constructed value for that card. I guess EDH/MTG Finance is just a hell of a drug.

Edit: Also, it probably wouldn’t be this bad if it had had any reprintings. Alara is considered one of those older new sets that ran out of its print run pretty quickly as I recall.

The stupid EDH morph deck made dream chisel jump to $10 and the flashback deck made the dumb judgement equivalent card also jump to $10 because EDH

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

Set sucks, worst ever

Yeah but did you post this here first or on reddit?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

Someone please help me I have a friend who is convinced Rankle is going to revitalize Faeries in modern and that we should buy Bitterblossoms before it's too late.

Take them to goldfish and show them the price timeline with a huge jump 5 minutes after they announced fae folk in the new set a few weeks ago. If they still want to buy them after that, sorry about your dead dehydrated horse my man, you walked him right to the drat river idk what else to do

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

i read a post before i realised what it was, go to https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/app and type WOODS CONLEY into the name search parser and you can see that he.... had an ankle monitor violation and then some mail to him got Returned to Sender? ianal

Conley Woods beat a girl after consulting with the internet how to get away with it. Unsurprisingly, a bunch of not lawyers handed out dumb rear end advice which Conley took as gospel and the cops just laughed at his excuse for beating said girl and took him away in cuffs.

Turns out that the old "50 shades" defense is just as capable of holding legal water as a pasta strainer, as it should be.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

JerryLee posted:

Did he actually literally plan this on the internet first, because holy poo poo

Not planned as in pre meditating his violent physical reaction to improperly warmed sketti-o's, planned as in chuds telling him "if you hit a woman and she calls the cops just say it was kinky time" and him accepting that as the same as consensual kink when literally nobody else but abusive weirdos do

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

tinaun posted:

lots of times lgs's have unsold inventory that just sits around until the lgs goes under - my store just recently bought a whole bunch of sealed invasion/odyssey product (boosters / starter decks / precons etc) from a recently closed store, it happens all the time.

Do you all's LGS not have Alpha/Beta/unlimited sealed product in inventory???

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Sickening posted:

At this point I don’t understand why anybody wants new foils. They are all terrible. Every time I open one I immediately sell it.

They all end up like pringles.

Yeah but that sound the money makes when they put it in your hand

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Foils are great because I have no practical use for them and other people want to pay dumb amounts of money for some of them, everyone is a winner.

I feel sad for you if you want to play with foils though, it's not feasible for only the cheapest and laziest of reasons. I would also be heated about it

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Tubgoat posted:

Industrial ag also.

I grew up in one of the most expensive areas of the country to live in and it's mind boggling how much money some of the farmers out here in the Midwest have

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

A Moose posted:

wasn't that deck so bad the guy playing it basically had to be cheating?

Lightsaber was just positioned to beat the tourney it did iirc

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Turns out having what is effectively Beast Within on a +1 is pretty broken

I could have told you out in the yard, why are they so bad at pushing cards some times? What farts are they huffing that let these things out the door?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Samael posted:

Late to the party but can you make pioneer murdergoats?

Yes.

I think that for starters your token generation is going to be better as well as your sac outlets, no disrespect to our friend Timmy.

Let me dig up the old list and try and pull up on this thread that suddenly cares how good standard is like they haven't been loving that football in the front yard at least once a year for the past several years because ???

Don't get me wrong the Oko vs Lotus debate is mad interesting but the shin pissing contest is def not...

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Is there a functional alternative to gatherer? That thing has absolutely hobbled my efforts to spice up murder goats and find more discard cards for UR Phoenix to run beyond all previous imagination. I usually don't do anything like this, format might be sweeter than it is good but for now at least I really don't care

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

No but it’s amazing that people somehow burst into flame about a show that’s around 10 years old and whose gross weird fanbase subsection hasn’t been relevant for what seems like 3

This isn't a gathering of my peers...

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I'm so old I remember when Toshimo was nice all the time.

But for real don't buy pauper decks unless you plan to put them in a hat for 2 ppl to play with or have a dedicated paper pauper scene nearby because the format is awesome but not as widely played as you might want if you are going to buy 2-4 ($200 worth) of decks

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Top 5 rappers of all time

Beat me to it, good form sir

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's immoral to drink anything but water. And it is immoral to do drugs for a competitive advantage. Drugs are for festivities and numbing ONLY

Guys, quit playing with amphetamines while calling cola a blood thinner (I love you steve). None of you nerds needs a permanent heart problem or worse.

The chemical companion of choice for concentration is called provigil/modafinil and it's loving great! Fighter pilots take it to stay sharp on 6 hour plus flights and it's not a stimulant like ADHD meds (stay the Holy hell away from dexedrin etc) so it's nowhere near as rough on your body.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This is an absolute must for me to survive GPs because I have narcolepsy and this is a loving miracle drug that lets me function like my brain chemistry isn't hosed :smith:, I really wish others wouldn't abuse it because as a result it's unnecessarily difficult for me to get a legitimate prescription for an actual medical problem covered by any insurance plan.

Sorry! I usually just self medicate with MMJ but it used to be a LOT harder to sneak out in between rounds of a long tourney and provigil was the ONLY not amphetamine choice I found.

Now that I have a scrip for that and a portable oil rig I need that 100% less

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I love how every mono-B pioneer list looks like a complete pile and they’re still ruining people

It makes me very happy to see that pile ride again

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jeff Hoogland is a world's biggest turd.

He is, even if he isn't even technically a bad person, just a socially unbearable one.

The last time I saw someone that smart and that unaware of how they are perceived by others was my gifted/LD classroom in elementary school. He reminds me of the scientist from brain candy that invents the pill that gives worms to ex girlfriends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAn-mdS-otE

Oh god we are making fun of the special kid aren't we?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

qwewq posted:

What did he eat? Ham sandwich, gruel?

That's not very cash money of you to say that...

JFC just post about dinner with Maro Spider

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

maro has said on his blog that he has a ham and cheese on rye bread every single day for lunch, and that his favourite drink is ice water

I'm aware of the man's dietary issues, I don't think it's cash money to make fun of him for some poo poo he can't help. To be clear: it's not rude to ask about the sandwich but the gruel dig was unnecessary.

Also I really enjoyed the story of Zhvi getting locked in at Neutral grounds for 2 days over Christmas that BDM told, THAT'S a fun story

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 24, 2019

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

They all have excellent podcast voices, if any of you are handsome it's a crime

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Hellsau posted:

also having 30% games 30% overall coverage and other nonsense 40% ads is ridiculous

i don't know what they got for their twitch exclusivity but jesus christ it wasn't worth it for the viewers to lose the youtube stream and get a whole ton of ads and dead time

Ten minutes plus of what amounts to a power
Point presentation of ads does not cut any kind mustard, static or animated

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I know opinions vary here but I'm thankful for the shakeup pioneer has brought to magic

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

I want Wotc to do a survey about what keeps me from being engaged more with MTG because it's roughly 75% dog poo poo like this. I used to loving ADORE modo in all it's chunky motor scooter glory and I currently own 0 online cards on it or Arena. Fwiw I had fun with arena but wizards shoves feet in their own mouths like I do cake, how can they not solve this poo poo by at least just throwing money at the problem and forbid tone deaf morons from making public statements

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

little munchkin posted:

for lunch today i am eating homemade beef with broccoli, plus a granola bar (chocolate chip flavor)

I'm doing 75 hours this week so work got everyone BBQ, it's pretty good brisket

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

fadam posted:

Trap sprung.

How are you exposed to quality fiction like this and still such a doofus?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Star Man posted:

Full-art lands in Zendikar and Worldwake were in booster packs and fat packs. The basic lands with regular frames were only in intro decks.

Iirc the regular non full art zendikar lands were more valuable than the full art ones because of the perceived value due to rarity but it was mad stupid and has since corrected itself

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Cactrot posted:

Just make a blood moon that turns planeswalkers into the basic land of whatever color it is.

Trapped in the moon says it's doing it's best!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Courser was better and I think this is too.

2G is way easier than 1GG, I'm on board. Idk if it straight up replaces OMD or courser but it's a non zero number of in several decks.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Hellsau posted:

why would it replace them? this card works very well with either courser or oracle

Just speaking to the general all or nothing tack some posters love to take. I wouldn't think so but motherfuckers here love to go hog during spoiler season

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I think the set is good but WAR, MH1, and ELD (and to a lesser extent M20) is an absolute murderer's row to follow. Probably for the best if THB is "just" decently powerful.

In addition to this iirc everybody pooped on OG Theros block for being weak except for thought seize and was immediately pimp slapped by devotion strats running nykthos, the UW heroic deck, and the silly rear end powerful RG monsters decks. I don't remember how fast these decks formed or in what order but I remember spoiler season being grumbly followed by a whole season of great, varied decks that were all p strong and standard being pretty good overall

Full disclosure I bought mono B devotion super early because Timmy was at the wheel and boy did little 1994 me love B. So I lucked out having a t1 deck for the rotation and having to face Mono U devotion as any other deck I heard was pretty heinous and miserable so your mileage back then may have varied to be fair

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Maybe it’s a joke?

Then he is using the form incorrectly. I'm not mad at him, he just seems to be more and more unhappy as time goes on. Maybe he would be more satisfied as a pro wrestler, it is a mystery

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Tainen posted:

Tricycle Lands

I'm a unicycle man myself but I am willing to try anything twice

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Cool look mate.

Double down harder.

Unpopular opinion: I miss McMagic

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

did angry grimace have any sins besides being a dipshit with chud opinions? I remember not thinking anything nice about them but not about anything specific.

I forgot about McMagics dumber opinions on non magic things, Bort sod!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

We've definitely covered "no kettles in America???" At least once maybe twice before but "microwaved water doesn't make tea right" is as dumb as that discussion is ever going to get so fingers crossed we never come back here again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Lmao u are such a poser

Sord but!