Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Apparently Maro spoiled that the Gingerbread monster is named Gingerbrute

Goddamn it. I loving love it. PLEASE be a red aggro creature. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Urza's Mine. Go Get Your Own. :colbert:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

My opponent swings in with two Stitchers Suppliers and Lazav (a 1/3 for those of you keeping score at home). Before damage I cast Flame Sweep, dealing 2 to everything. His graveyard now full to bursting he gets excited and shifts Lazav (with two damage marked on him) into a 2/2 Theif of Sanity during his second main.

After his Lazav popped, he emoted "oops" and shame conceded.

:roflolmao: This ain't Eternal.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Is anyone trying to brew up Quest for the Holy Relic but modern?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
loving owns.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I love the promo storybook frame soooo much, I need sets of the Gingerbread one. :kimchi:
Because he has to be one!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Rinkles posted:

i'm tending towards non repeatable activated ability (a la monstrous), that counts as a spell

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

tinaun posted:

it's going to be a three dimensional flap that you flip over after activating

It'll be this.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Sickening posted:

That is loving spicy at uncommon.
:lolplant: mfw I see unc

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I would play the absolute poo poo out of sanctioned modern singleton. :kimchi:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ItBreathes posted:

From the smash Bros thread:

:D

x'D

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Cynic Jester posted:

Oko the Financier!

It's trickster

But you repeat yourself.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I voted for kodos

anyway what fuckin modern deck should I play now to beat Stoneforge Mystics ... options are Eldrazi (white for Displacer), Mardu Death's Shadow, or Soulherder. Unless my boxes of MH1 have a bunch of Wrenn & Six in them, Jund is gonna be too expensive to update rn.

Shouldn't your custom say "suction junction?"

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol forever, when did Manamorphose spike? I thought reddit was joking. They were not. A playset is ~a Chalice.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

GrandpaPants posted:

How many planeswalkers are chasing after other planeswalkers now?
*planeswalkers all Scooby-Dooing after each other through a hall of portal mirrors, with every combination of walkers chasing each other, including duplicated 'walkers sometimes, while Benny Hill music plays*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Voyager I posted:

Yeah, it's hard to overstate how sweet it was to have pseudo-ramp in colors with an insatiable hunger for mana that didn't normally have access to that effect.
Koth standard best standard.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmfao and I only keep laughing the more I think about it

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Between Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, I am pretty done with high fantasy, though The Magicians is super cute.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh yeah, so it is. :huh: Though it is literally mercurial.

I'm actually quite alright with this being an enchantment because they're enchanted silks the orc can't just tear through willy nilly.

rkajdi posted:

Why would that ruin modern?
Because then Mox Opal would get banned, followed by whatever takes over in the wake of the bannings stemming from that.

Edit:
Correct.
v v v

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 12, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

rkajdi posted:

Since looting is already gone, I don't see why the other problem enablers (ancient stirrings and mox opal mainly) should still be legal. If people really want "fair" magic, all the gimmick quick game stuff should be gone. I don't think modern would be fun as the collection of midrange piles that would result, but if we're going to ban one quick enabler, all of them should go.

Opal isn't the unfun part, it's Lantern.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

AlternateNu posted:

I agree. Take Serra's Sanctum off the reserve list and print it into standard.
Unironically. Cradle too.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

dragon enthusiast posted:

to be fair there's not really anything magical about the glass coffin itself, an awake orc would probably go wtf are you doing and punch through it

The magic is the knockout gas inside.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Kurtofan posted:

that giant looks so happy
:piss:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

the principle irks me
:yeah:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Lone Goat posted:

I'm also extremely mad about something that will never effect me.
Art wants to be enjoyed by people, rear end, especially art that so many people put so much work into.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Tulul posted:

"Add seven R" is much nicer templating than the previous "Add RRRRRRR".
:pirate: RRRRRRR

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't. Do some damage to them, direct the same amount to a target you could have hit in the first place? You're not giving it deathtouch or lifelink in monored.
Creature or planeswalker.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
In-between turns phase is your opponent's endstep, when you play spells.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I've done it. Koth and no fetches guarantees you'll never hit 4 land! Took advantage of this phenomenon to go 3-0 vs some jank, a UW control deck and a Red Prowess deck.
Other Red player needed to read Volcanic Fallout and Ghitu Encampment. xD

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

TheKingofSprings posted:

Arcum’s Astrolabe would be a staple and a 20 dollar card
Same, but Koth alao.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

LifeLynx posted:

Went to my store's Modern MCQ yesterday to check it out and chill with some players I rarely see because I don't judge competitive events anymore. The format looked fun and diverse, so knowing I had all the Eldrazi and Tron lands, went home to see what I'd need to finish off the deck. Mostly a bunch of $10 cards... oh, and almost $300 for a playset of Chalice of the Void. How did that card get so out of hand?

It's $20 lower than before the two reprints or whatever. Shouldn't've been mythic, imho, but then I probably just don't understand the mature and sophisticated nuances of "the free market."

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh yeah, bet they wish they hadn't blown their Disney cross-promotion with Sorcerer's Apprentice already. gently caress, Disney and Hasbro deserve each other.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Elyv posted:

I've gotten rift bolt surgicalled, which is probably even sillier
Wtf why

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Hellsau posted:

dude surgical was a four-for-one, don't you understand card advantage?
Not only do I understand card advantage, but Rift Bolt is like the second card I cut from my deck when I'm trying to put together a considerably spicier list/board in cards.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I wish I knew where to trade my Opals, they're OG so they're $80 a set cheaper than the reprint. :<
And yeah, I cannot in good conscience recommend Affinity right now.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

Ban all the normal frame cards
Return to printing process and cardface used in 1997.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Arivia posted:

maybe stop polling middle schoolers on what's cool

Just lmao if your school still has a playground. :cry:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

A Moose posted:

first of all, mono-green ramp isn't a thing because all the payoffs from ramping are things like mass manipulation, hydroid krasis, electrodominance, explosion, all the finales, Chandra, Lilliana, Ugin,Nissa, and golos. They made a ramp card that is super bad at ramping. What non-krasis creatures are you ramping into with that? Its a forest you can't fetch.
I felt this way too, for a long time even, and I recently went 3-0 in modern running 3 Ghitu Encampment and 18 Mountain so :shrug:.

A Moose posted:

"red maximum-greed aggro"
:yum: My decks are so enjoyable.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

moush posted:

BO3 honestly isn't much different. You're either aggro or control because the only viable midrange deck is scapeshift.

Oh no, the reason I'm aggro is that I'm both poor and cheap and refuse to spend money on Arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

GoutPatrol posted:

Anyone playing a weirder deck than me is a maniac, anyone playing Spirits or Lantern should die in real life, right now.