Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's pretty great that neoliberalism has also imploded in Denmark, but here we have more than two parties and the implosion has not affected the coalition who's currently in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1169231615148662784
Looks like The BJ Clown has failed?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Emperor's New Clothes is surprisingly apt.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is the House of Lords supposed to be full of olds who've realized that they cannot take all their wealth with them and are therefore hellbent to gently caress over everyone else?
Because that's certainly what it looks like.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

There are two sides to the Lords

The first is like you described: A bunch of olds saying gently caress you everyone else and doing what they want

The second is basically the opposite: A bunch of olds who know that nobody can take their position away from them so it doesn't matter what they do.

It's why it kinda works as a second chamber.
There's only a tiny pond between Denmark and the UK, and this is utterly flabbergasting to me, because it seems completely dysfunctional.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Yes

It works as long as you don't look at it to hard, or start asking questions about why it works. Labour started doing that in the last couple of years - they noticed the Government never showed up to opposition days (which are usually not binding), so they took the opportunity to make it binding (which is how we had today). It had never really happened before, but nobody said it couldn't so they did it.
Ah, so the centipedes dilemma.
Given how that particular story ends, I fully expect the world to burn.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

why don't you just hang the ones who thought up brexit and then figure out what to do about it
There seems to be a perfectly good guillotine, but which I'm not seeing used. :confuoot:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bardeh posted:

I'm watching the Lords stream now and I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Are they voting on the amendments that just passed in the commons?
They seem to be voting by getting up and walking around, which seems less than ideal considering that it looks like at least some of them are so old and frail that they can barely move.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

look bro i'd already written "hang" and if it's not obvious from my posting, I don't do "backstepf"
Why not both?

Angepain posted:

i feel like at this point i should stop trying to completely understand everything the gently caress that's going on and just let it all wash over me until someone can definitely say if we're hosed or not and in what way exactly, scheduled for approx. 2027
Pretty sure we're hosed because nothing is being done about the environment, regardless of how much we may be hosed because of all of this.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

painted into a coroner posted:

The Lib Dems care more about their own electoral prospects than they do about Brexit.
This is true of every single politician holding any position in any country where-ever - because the problem isn't that power corrupts, it's that power attracts the corruptible who then work to stay in power so they can become more corrupt.

:laffo:
They really want to gently caress everything forever, don't they.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

God I want Corbyn to just accept the blouse, put it on, and turn up to Parliament in it.
He does seem like the kind of person who could totally rock a pink blouse, and I mean that in the best way possible.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

A pinko blouse.
Oh, I was imagining a home-knitted blouse.

...I still want to see Corbyn in a pink home-knitted blouse. :colbert:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sanitary Naptime posted:

New episode is up!
Enjoy!
Neat! I look forward to listening to it, as I found the first episode very good!

The only thing I have to say about it, and this is in no way your fault, is that Podbean sure don't make it easy to avoid their app if as me you just want to download the audio file.
The solution, by the by, is to find the feed and grab the files directly.

Josef bugman posted:

Apparently I used to do this as a kid, like if I saw something I found embarrasing I would just leave the room or put my fingers in my ears to block things out. I think the worst is when I am trying to watch "cringe" comedy and I just can't do it without feeling very sorry for the people on screen.
Urrrgggghh, I absofuckinglutely cannot stand that kind of comedy (though I'm not a fan of using that particular word, I don't have suggestions for what else to call it). Unfortunately for me, a show that was wildly popular a bunch of years ago is now scheduled to return with the same cast of mostly people who have demonstrated in the past to have good comedy chops and this one guy who is just absolutely the worst because he is just trying so damned hard to be awkward and it's his only schtick that he's flogging like an 80s hack comedian.

That diatribe aside, I hope you find something you're comfortable with, friend. You do you!

Firos posted:

Lol that after being asked to make shorter episodes we've managed to make an even longer episode this week.
For what it's worth, I like longer episodes. :allears:

justcola posted:

Maybe that could be a way of getting more used to conflict? Watching The Thick of It could be like aversion therapy. But - I used to blush a lot, mostly when people would make suggestive comments to me, flirt and so on, which further embarassed me and making me blush more. I then got a job teaching life drawing to hen party's, so every session I'd be stood in front of 20 or so women I'd never met before (or meet again) and had a whole host of sexual comments aimed at me. I quickly got over blushing this way, particularly as each session was self-contained and in the end I knew it didn't really matter.
Heh, that's basically the opposite of me - I blush a lot too, but I like watching other people blush too as I think it's a cute little thing, that's usually of little consequence. Though, I'm glad you got over it since it bothered you. :)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Would the term embarrassment humour be better do you think?
It's certainly better than the alternative.

Barry Foster posted:

It's cathartic - it's actually good for the reasons you and bman don't like it, it shows you the absolute worst, most awkward people, and you get to laugh about how you're (hopefully) not like that.

Also mix in the sheer schadenfreude of watching terrible people have a terrible time. We all enjoy watching Johnson humiliate himself, so why not Alan Partridge or David Brent?
I'm all for laughing at genuinely terrible people like Boris Johnson having a terrible time.
The difference, as I see it, is that these people in the show that's getting relaunched are supposed to be comedians (well, they've worked as successful comedians before..), so it's all just an act.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I just get annoyed/angry at cringe comedy most of the time, mostly because I'm thinking "no one would do that/be that stupid, they should do X..." most the time when watching it. I suppose they are getting a reaction from me, just not the one they want. Still, stay on the right shade of believable and it can be good (The inbetweeners)
Now that you mentioned that, I realize that that's a huge part of it for me too.
Do I have too high expectations of people? :ohdear:

They really don't care, do they.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Reveilled posted:

If Boris ends up in the tower will we have to start calling it Big Johnson?
Something something clock not tower?

coffeetable posted:

everyone in politics loses in the end. the measure is how much you get done first
For these fuckers, it's about how much they get to say "gently caress you, got mine" at the end after they've realized they can't take it with them.

Guavanaut posted:

A cat is penned up in a steel chamber, along with a Tory MP (which must be secured against direct interference with the cat)
This is abuse. The cat doesn't deserve to be trapped with a rabid animal.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I found the solution to all of the Conservative problems:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

For a thread I have been lurking in over these last couple of tumultuous days:

From the SA Propaganda thread in GBS, which is absolutely :five:

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

This doesn't trick the mods you know

Just do a normal emptyquote, you won't get probed for it
:emptyquote:

StarkingBarfish posted:

*Narrator's Voice:* The yellow wave is piss.
Translator's note: Piss is stored in the balls.

In other news, I'm seriously going to miss Bercow. His erudite and firm way was an absolute wonder to behold, and the way he'd casually throw in words you don't normally hear in English was just the cherry on top.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

So there's no possibility that we can put movie chat aside for a bit to talk about the bits here:

Such fine bits as:

The article above posted:

Boris Johnson has secretly ordered the Cabinet Office to turn the government’s public internet service into a platform for “targeted and personalised information” to be gathered in the run-up to Brexit, BuzzFeed News has learned.

In a move that has alarmed Whitehall officials, the prime minister has instructed departments to share data they collect about usage of the GOV.UK portal so that it can feed into preparations for leaving the European Union at the end of next month.

Dominic Cummings, the prime minister’s chief adviser, emailed senior officials instructing them to make sure that ministers, department heads, and political aides know that the instruction is “TOP PRIORITY”, according to leaked government documents.

In a personal minute on Aug. 19 to members of the Cabinet’s EU exit operations (“XO”) committee, which is responsible for no-deal preparations, Johnson said centralised data was also necessary to accelerate his ambitions for a digital revolution in public services. The committee includes chancellor Sajid Javid, home secretary Priti Patel, and the minister responsible for no-deal planning, Michael Gove.

“I expect everyone to act immediately to execute the above actions,” Johnson wrote. Any delays were to be reported to his office right away.
That last bit, for some reason, makes it seem like people who're the cause of delay will be taken about back and shot, but there's more in the article.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CGI Stardust posted:

Actually, something occurs to me - there's a book called Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil which talks about the damage that can be caused by inappropriate use of algorithms or bad design. Three things required for a WMD as she describes them: opacity, damage potential, scale. Applying that to this project:

Opacity: done behind closed doors, we're unlikely to have access to precisely what it does or how it does it
Damage potential: depends what it's being used for, which is itself hidden at the moment
Scale: countrywide

and add this to a project being done effectively in crunch. So there will be problems with it, it's going to be deployed without thorough testing, and we won't be able to get at the guts to see precisely why it's made stupid decisions. And it'll probably get used to justify various government decisions (national or local), again with no way to see why a thing has or hasn't been done, or how to change the data fed into it to get the needed result, and anything done with it will be justified by "algorithm says so". I am not optimistic.
Good! Optimism with respect to algorithms, especially the ones that aren't published and well-studied, is absolutely the worst possible position to take.
We as a people need to be incredibly skeptical of anything that is solved with an algorithm - as the algorithms can and all too often (even once is too often) share the inherit bias of those who create them.

Ms Fuchi posted:

I hope they just bring the Stone of Scone down to Westminster
This, but with the Scone of Stone.

CGI Stardust posted:

break the union, Johnson! you know you want to!
Who the gently caress claps like this except sarcastically?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Maybe the Scandinavians that moved in and controlled large parts of Scotland and England during the Viking age here in Denmark shouldn't have let you folks get back control over your country, given how poorly you're handling it? :colbert:

PST posted:

I thought I'd come up with this, then found other people on the twitters had done it 30+ mins before me

Parliament is Prorogued
Parliament is not Prorogued

This is Schrödinger's parliament.
And the Copenhagen interpretation of the Parliamentary state is that it is super-positioned, since obviously it cannot be expected to observe itself as there is only a finite amount of sense that when divided by the infinite amount of nonsense becomes zero or an irrational number.

OwlFancier posted:

I think that's a mineral oil bath which should work the same way as a computer full of air except more thermally conductive.
And it dissolves rubber which are used for anti-vibration mounts and cable control among other things, so any vibration has a decent chance of setting up standing waves of vibration in the mineral oil, which can cause the entire thing to very quietly hum.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dead Goon posted:

I have asked a few times, and my request has always been granted and I have ignored it.

Discord channel?
#ukgoons on irc.synirc.net :getin:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

feedmegin posted:

I have just Got another stealth Pratchett pun holy poo poo
Part of the biggest blessing in reading Pratchetts works for a paronomasiac like me was discovering all the puns.
They're all over his books, even the non-Discworld ones.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Perfectly normal for the Secretary of State for Defence to casually threaten nuclear war in case of brexit. :allears:

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure we have enough nukes to solve brexit tbh, they couldn't even wipe the UK out let alone anyone else.
There are at least four Vanguard-class nuclear-warhead equipped submarines, each capable of deploying ~200 warheads.
That might be enough for the UK to glow blue from Cerenkov radiation.

el dingo posted:

Slightly left field but Stephen Rea as Vetinari.

I also read this whole thread, slow work week. Don't AMA though.
It's not the worst idea. I always imagined Vetinari as having very short hair, though.

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah, carcer should be tiny and unassuming and non-thretening until he suddenly terrifyingly isn't.

Eddie Marsan would be my pick.
This is incredibly good read on Carcer, and Eddie Marsan would be bloody perfect for it (I couldn't recall his name, so thanks for saving me a bunch of trouble trying to recall it).

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It isn't necessarily Night Watch; Carcer was at large in modern day Ankh Morpork and they might have just wanted a recognisable villain and thought he was a good fit.
Hasn't his daughter promised publicly that she would adapt her fathers work as faithfully as possible? In which case it doesn't seem like they could tell a new story involving Carcer in "present-day" Ankh-Morpork.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The problem is that unless explicitly told otherwise by the people peddling their quackery (and sometimes even then), people will drop both chemo- and radiation-therapy if they can just "do these simple steps" because those simple steps won't have the same side-effects as chemo- and radiation-therapy have.
Despite the fact that I felt like I got off easy by only having to deal with incredible amounts of tiredness (which unfortunately has become chronic) and tinitus from chemo- and radiation-therapy, I met several people who were considering going with alternative solutions instead of continuing to receive therapies because they were feeling the side-effects more than me, despite being told that the alternatives they were thinking of were complementary.

VideoGames posted:

It is probably completely obvious in every way, but Pink is my favourite colour.
Pink is a great color and one of my favorites, although my all-time favorite is purple.
If I had the money for it, I'd have several purple suits to wear for special occasions.

Ebola Dog posted:

Alcohol free (or low alcohol, 0.5%) beer is nice at lunchtime or if I want something to drink that's not sweet or plain water. Many soft drinks are either full of sugar or sweetener and I don't always want a sweet drink. I don't want to drink alcohol free beer for the sake of drinking beer but because I like the taste (as long as it is a nice tasting one that is!) but don't always want the alcohol.
It is surprising how much of a blessing it is to live near a well which has water that tastes really good.

Also if anyone could help me, I've been trying to piece this together, but I'm still not entirely sure.
Does 'melt' mean someone whose brain has melted? That's as close as I've come to a definition when it's used here.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

coffeetable posted:

it's bikeshedding. even on the internet, only a minority of people are happy to offer an opinion on history or politics or current affairs or whatever. whenever someone makes the mistake of bringing up a topic that anybody can offer an opinion on, surprise, people come out of the woodwork to give their two cents

and crisps? well what colour you should paint the crisps is something everyone understands
At this point, there's so much paint involved that there's no way we can fit bikes in the shed, so it's become a paintshed.
Besides, we all know that this is the only right way to present it!

Ms Fuchi posted:

Why would Trump want to bring a middleman into his relationship with Putin?

efb :smithcloud:
:yaybutt:

Also, somewhat related to this thread, the two latest podcasts are excellent for listening to while cleaning as it keeps my mind occupied while doing tedious work. :allears:

EDIT: Since I don't like to post pictures of my own cat, here's catte tax from the blessed pics thread

Hyperlynx posted:

I have no pics of it, but today one of my cats informed me he wanted cuddles by climbing onto my chest and nuzzling my face. This guy:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Lib Dems on track to surpass Labour in voting intention polls.
Do voting intention polls mean... well, anything, really?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah I really do get this, on account of very nearly being one myself. There was a point when I was in my mid-teens when I considered myself a libertarian and new athiest (lol I know) and I could so, so easily have slipped into the whole redpill MGTOW thing. I'm genuinely so glad I came across some marxist writing that very convincingly explained why everything I thought I believed was bullshit, and I've been a leftie ever since. The crux of it was realising that the values of freedom and equality etc (that I still have) are fundamentally impossible under capitalism despite all its rhetoric, and that only communism could genuinely achieve that. But had I not been lucky I worry I could easily have been a full-on incel alt-righter by now.

i'm still a bit of a new athiest at heart tbf, even if I now recognise that religion is far from the root of all evil and there are bigger priorities. Dawkins is a dumb old curmudgeon with some awful takes but I still can't bring myself to hate him like most people now do
Well, it is possible to arrive at atheism without being told by some old dude.
Most of my knowledge of Dawkins, outside of one of his in-field books being used in a biology class, involves his creation of the word 'meme', which he is totally at fault for not making look like it's pronounced - which in my book is a lot worse than some tepid takes about lack of belief in god or otherwise.

As far as things that led me to become an atheist, other than reading the New and Old Testament, as well as the Quran and Torah as part of homework for Religious Studies (Denmark being nominally Christian, it has Religious Studies on the program but the teachers are given a lot of lee-way in how they get to teach it) - and seeing that it was all a bit... too much, I think the single biggest contributing factor was the Amsterdam Declaration.

Bobstar posted:

Yeah that sucks. I think I avoided that by never asking a girl out!

So I guess the "friendzoning" was more a default state of no girl ever making it obvious* that they were interested in me in that way.

*my first girlfriend at uni might as well have held up a large sign saying "kiss me, you feckwit", which helped break that cycle.
Heh, now I have a mental image of a couple people, with one of them holding up a sign like that, and it's absolutely adorable. :kimchi:

Being in that state of thinking that I'm not interesting to anyone is something I'm definitely guilty of because for most of school I was bullied, but I'm at a point in my life where, while I've previously dated people - because to a degree I at least got somewhat over thinking I was undesirable - so while I still have lascivious thoughts about beautiful/handsome people or people who I'm attracted to on a more personal level, those thoughts don't control my actions - and I haven't really had a need for a physical relationship in quite a long time.
It just sort of worked out that way, I guess.

I do wonder if society has changed, though - is it still the way of things that it's more common for men to express an interest in women, or have women started expressing a more clear interest in men? Because it sometimes seems that way to me, and it's great if it is changing - but it might just be that I'm in some sort of a bubble because of the people I talk to, and because I don't have much recent experience.

Apraxin posted:

Speaking of, my near 90 year-old gran tripped and fell this evening, she's probably broken her arm and there's maybe some other damage too. My parents called the ambulance service and explained she's on the ground and in a lot of pain, and got told ok, just stay there, don't try to move her or anything, and the ambulance should be there in about two hours, if it's not give us a call back and we'll try to sort something out for her.

Thank you David Cameron, for these fruits of Austerity!
That's an absolute yike, in fact it might be several! Feel free to PM me if you need to rant about it or something, friend.
The one time I've needed an ambulance urgently here in Denmark, they arrived faster than I would've thought possible and drove so fast that my mom couldn't even keep up (it was in the middle of the night).
Spent three weeks in the hospital completely zoned out on pain-killers while doctors worked on fighting a severe lung-infection that'd become a lung-membrane infection (which explained why it hurt as if 100000 needles surrounded my lungs and would sting every time I breathed in).

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I managed to avoid incelhood by noticing how many people managed to get into relationships just fine and (rightly) assuming that it must be me, but I could never quite work out the secret sauce behind it until about five years ago when I finally understood just how crushingly lacking in confidence I had been as a child, and how all those old baked in behaviours were holding me back despite otherwise learning to chill out and enjoy life.

But I managed some right good sex having not long ago and actually quite enjoyed having someone sleeping next to me? Instead of it being an anxiety riddled nightmare that ruined everything? So hey, there's hope for all of us.
Real-talk, cuddling after sex is the best loving feeling, pun intended. I don't know what's wrong with people who just turn over and fall asleep, but there's definitely something about it that ain't right.
That is the one thing I truly do miss from not having had any need for physical relationships for a good while.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rarity posted:

Do men really need examples of guys saying "Would you like to go out for a drink?"
I think maybe part of my point was that there's no reason why women can't ask it equally as often as men do.
I've had it happen before, and it is incredibly flattering. Made me blush all the way up to my ears.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

American healthcare is the epitome combination of gently caress you got mine and not thinking ahead.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lord Ludikrous posted:

So a few weeks ago I excitedly announced in this thread that I was going to be a dad.

I am not going to be a dad. Baby didn’t make it.
Chuck me into the pile of people attempting to send good thoughts your way.
Only real suggestion I have is that it might be helpful to find a support group, if those exist. If such a group exists, they're likely some of the only people who know what you're going through, and they can at least listen and offer sympathy rather than all our attempts at empathy.
But it's totally up to you if it's something you wanna seek out.

ROFLBOT posted:

Am I completely off-base in thinking the Queen might not grant royal assent in light of the amount of fuckery this has created?
I don't think the Queen can do anything much?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rarity posted:

The Twitter replies you see are determined by an algorithm based on your previous activity to show replies Twitter thinks you will be most interested in. So in short, if all you're seeing is people being a dick then it's cause you've got a history of being a dick.
Well, it's not quite 'what Twitter thinks someone will be most interested in', it's a particularly vile brand of 'what Twitter thinks will get the most engagement'.

Social media putting engagement at any cost, even to the point of messing with peoples mental health, is nothing new. Facebook has been doing it for almost half a decade that we know of, and Twitter really started ramping it up when they started to default to the new timeline where tweets aren't presented in the order they were made in, but rather by what Twitter thinks will drive the most engagement.
Only way I know of to avoid it is to stop using Facebook all-together (a good choice in any case, although deleting your account won't make an ounce of difference), and using tweetdeck.

So a BBC correspondent just casually trying to egg a witch-hunt, much like :reddit: does? And :reddit: also likes protecting child molesters?
What a staggering coincidence.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

baka kaba posted:

*Laura K wriggles out of the jam easily*
Yes, but how does she deal with marmalade?
Please use condiments responsibly.

Gasmask posted:

Someone else said to use Tweetdeck. Not sure if that helps or not.
The two things that Tweetdeck has going for it is that it lets you filter out those lovely reply-retweets as well as regular retweets and likes, plus it lets you use the old sequential timeline instead of the one they switched to on the main-page.

Sanford posted:

After our first miscarriage we decided to just be upfront and not try to hide it. My wife got asked within two days, by two different people, "what do you think you did wrong?/do you know what you did wrong?" We didn't tell anyone anything after that, to the extent that it was only about 4 months from finding out we were expecting to baby arriving for most people we know.

LL I didn't say anything before because that poo poo loving hurts, but I hope you're doing okay.
It's so hosed up that people genuinely believe this 'just world' nonsense - like, it's seriously one of the worst forms of brain-worms there are.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Boris Johnson looks like an extremely poor prime minister and I dislike him very strongly
Could be shortened to Boris Bad, or just BB.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hentai Jihadist posted:

BB!

Snipe: it typically takes 2 to 69
I realize now that I didn't make my joke obvious enough. It was supposed to be that anyone sniping the next page could've gone "hi bb".
orz

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

bump_fn posted:

is it at least turning the frickin frogs gay
Joke's on us, frogs are perfectly happy being frogs.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I don't visit :reddit: because of the whole "harboring vile content"-thing but anonymous confessions are always lies, OP.
Some of them also just happen to be entertaining, but generally only when they're posted elsewhere on SA.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:emptyquote:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1175686547775119361

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bundy posted:

Unpasteurised stilton is amazing.
Not going to argue that unpasteurised stilton isn't good, because it is - but the thing about cheese is that if they wanted to they could isolate the organic compound and enzymes created by the bacteria that's in the unpasteurised stuff, find bacteria that produce that (or breed them), and make cheese that tastes exactly like the unpasteurised stuff.
Whether they want to put in the effort is another matter entirely, but cheese is super easy to actually go about it scientifically and get a good end-product.

In short, cheese is pretty grate.