Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bardeh posted:

How long are the Lords going to be sitting for? Constantly until they get through all of these filibustering amendments?

Until the true heir returns with the sword that was broken to release them from the broken oaths that tie them to this world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Junior G-man posted:

I think he's extremely aware of the optics and extremely comfortable with them.

“If you’re incapable of projecting strength on your own, bring in some cops to project it for you” isn’t really a new play per se

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HJB posted:

A Twitter username which is just name + 8 numbers means they didn't put their own username in, doesn't always mean it's a bot, might be laziness sometimes. Also they're not exclusively right-wing, I've seen e.g. pro-Corbyn tweets from them before.

They're exclusively "pro division", or at least they were in 2016. When Tumblr did their own post-election bot-finding-and-banning expedition, since the site's membership is/was primarily (mostly) socially progressive, all the "bots" were reposting and reblogging whatever sourced or unsourced "make everyone who supports trump look as racist and stupid as possible across the board" posts they could find or make up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

I might just put on all the most ostentatious clothes I own which would mean uh, let's see, a gold waistcoat, some white trousers, my funeral shoes and a big red dressing gown with gold embroidery.

Are funeral shoes "shoes you'll be buried with", or "shoes expensive enough that whoever finds your body can sell them to pay for your funeral"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Continuity RCP posted:

know me by the dickbutt scrawled in poo poo on the rubble of my home

two vast and trunkless cheeks of stone

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

sebzilla posted:

:siren: Liberal Democrat policy announcement :siren:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/education/2019/09/exclusive-liberal-democrats-unveil-plan-give-9000-over-25s-adult

You can have £9000 to spend on education/training when you're an adult (meaning 25+ because otherwise feckless school leavers would spunk it up the wall on nearly a year's university tuition) in three or more installments over your life maybe

Can only see this pissing off the youth vote tbh. Good for Jeremy Corbyn?

Piss off the youngs because they don't get anything, piss off the mids because it's useless, piss off the olds because it's a handout

props for finding the best possible compromise there

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

I honestly don't know if I can suppress the visceral, skin crawling revulsion I feel when I look at the tory benches and just see this mass of festering, decrepit flesh. Because it's just so intertwined with everything I hate about their politics, they're these ancient old fossils that just linger on and spend their time shuffling around westminster working slowly to ruin the lives of everyone else, they all look like they've been pickled in cognac and formaldehyde and they're all loving nonces to boot. And the only reason they're there is institutional, they have no energy, no actual fire, they fell face first into their positions and just put in the least amount of effort required to gently caress everyone else over, and they sit and jeer like loving children because they are children, big old children who have never had an original or independent thought in their lives extended only by dint of institutional privilege. They look like their politics, I can't break that connection in my head. They look like everything you hate about what they do.

I dunno, it's probably not fair but I don't know how to stop feeling like that. I try to focus on affectations rather than things people can't help but I would be utterly lying if I didn't see what tories look like as a product of the things I hate about them.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I quite often skip to the second-to-last page but it's a bit annoying when there's been a huge development in politics that has been buried a few pages back, but the last two pages are mostly "You shut your pickled onion loving mouth, traitor."

A couple pages old, but I've found the guaranteed trick to catching up to where non-chat is kicking back in is "scroll until you find the first twitter embed"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Do men really need examples of guys saying "Would you like to go out for a drink?"

I don't know what Boris' track record is but across the pond our national leader's go to pickup route is "grab 'em by the pussy" so having better role models in popular media would probably be good, yes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

baka kaba posted:

Weird how it's "randomly" recognising certain features and associating them with "random" words that happen to match problematic associations you see in society

It sure can't classify half the stuff it's trying to, but it's been trained pretty well to describe black people the same way Boris Johnson does

reminder that the last time microsoft spun up an ai based on internet learning, they had to shut it off because it learned to be a chud

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I'm just not personally convinced that there are these loads of lurkers who are hurt by the posts where people make fun of bojos melting face, which seems to be the crux of the argument

My teeth are terrible for reasons and every time the topic of "lol they have terrible teeth" comes up in any context I've got a little niggling reminder of "remember, no matter the situation, no big smiles". I say this not as a "oh woe is me, never speak of teeth on my behalf" but as a confirmation of yeah there's actually people affected, and frequently they won't say anything about it because it's already been beat into them from all directions that "well, that's your fault for having something about you that's mockable, innit?"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

does the scp wiki know you're grabbing images from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kin posted:

I dunno if it's normal or not, but it feels really easy to let myself get distracted and not actively think about it. When I do that, I feel almost normal, like nothings happened.

The moment i do think about it actively though, I just feel myself breaking down until I quickly force myself back in control.

I dunno what I'm trying to say. I guess i just feel like I should be more uncontrollably upset.

Nah that's actually pretty good tbh, your brain is locking down on the panic with a "No, you need to be functional just in case" thing, which means you're probably the kind of person who's actually going to be useful in an emergency. Just make sure you're sitting down when the doc says "yeah it all went fine" because if you're anything like me your brain's going to be like "okay, we're good? we're good. here, have a full dump of all the emotions and adrenaline we were bottling for you"