Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Niric posted:

going beyond 50 mins or so makes it harder to fit into a commute

luckily this will get less true over time as all the jobs move to london and all the affordable houses move to three villages in the Highlands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh my god could literally any of these fuckers grow a backbone

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Who's that guy who describes UK politics using the same kind of phrases news media saves for third world dictatorships?

This guy. He's still at it:

https://twitter.com/jsphctrl/status/1168578248093175809

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh boy can't wait for the political football I'm contained in to be kicked around even more, this'll be fun

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

CGI Stardust posted:

can't believe Steve Brine is trying to preserve his position

He's just salty that Boris won't listen to him.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

we may or may not all be hosed but at least we're hosed in a new and interesting way every day rather than the constant unchanging loving we were getting with theresa may. this is at least exciting, I tell myself

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

Sent you a PM.

suddenly boris appears at sanitary naptime's back door, harumphing at the window and demanding to be let in

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

Most recent list of Tories who intent to tell Boris where to stuff it:

I only just learned that a person called Guto Bebb exists and now he's not even going to be around come the next election. Heartbreaking.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

so that i have this straight: they're currently voting on whether to have the vote on the thing that will make boris give us a vote to decide whether we will have a vote on brexit? do i have this approximately correct here

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

If the speaker crosses the floor does that leave them outside?

he becomes the cool guy with the sword standing at the exit

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

drat maybe i should have actually watched this on a television rather than just refreshing the thread

who said "not a good start boris"? i'm not in my element

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

if brexit fails then the eu superstate will coalesce and become a gigantic hivemind botnet that will become the artificial intelligence that will retroactively punish all who tried to stop it. dominic has done a good thing by ruining brexit's chances, his computer brain copy is going to get a nice virtual gently caress mansion

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

poor lady trying to hold a serious debate about sheep farming after everybody's off plotting and/or getting drunk

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jabby posted:

'maximum Johnson humiliation'

yes I think a number of Tories are into that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I had forgotten May was still an MP

didn't rebel though, going for the reasonable decorum route i assume

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

suck my woke dick posted:

Pfeffy confirmed as least effective PM in history :hellyeah:

ah yes this'll be why Theresa is so happy. Now she's just second worst

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I doubt the Banished Tories would actually want to let a labour government happen so this seems like a waste of time to actually attempt? not to mention actually passing anything would be a bastard

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I assume the top priority in the audiovisual department of parliament TV is making sure there's a microphone near Dennis Skinner that's on and working at all times

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Boris has done a lot of things, but having a general election on a day I won't be able to stay up all night for is a personal insult.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i feel like at this point i should stop trying to completely understand everything the gently caress that's going on and just let it all wash over me until someone can definitely say if we're hosed or not and in what way exactly, scheduled for approx. 2027

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Noxville posted:

Bear in mind this is mostly from polls before Johnson spent a week revealing how comically incompetent he actually is as Prime Minister.

I remember that brief period where people hadn't realised what a poo poo Theresa May was and she was hailed as the most popular prime minister in decades or whatever

would be nice if the upcoming election turns out the same way hers did. would say i hope for it, depending on what the current thread consensus is on hope being a lie or not currently. it seems to swing back and forth with the tides

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

and if you're still wanting more punishment after he calls you a chicken, he'll call you the worst insult he can think of ... a big girl's blouse. this works because jeremy corbyn is from the 1970s and that is the last time anyone actually called anyone that

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

it was boris' masterplan to stop parliament passing any no-deal preventing legislation by removing as much time between now and brexit as possible. It worked perfectly

of course it would work, specific deadlines in the very near future are a well known famous tactic for discouraging people from getting serious about working towards their goals

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I assume Dom is a real big fan of The Thick Of It and has decided he's the next Malcom Tucker except moreso

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

every morning i open palm slam a dvd into the slot. it's the thick of it etc etc

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Comedy option, without apointing a PM Liz is her own prime minister, she can do it herself

I thought you meant Truss for a second there, that would be entertaining at least

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I'm honestly surprised he has come up with any modifications to the NI arrangement at all, tbh. glad it only took two million years for him to start making any sort of remotely concrete proposals to anyone

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

After some digging it looks like Ruth Davidson resigned early on in the polling period, I wonder if that had an effect or if people are just going off the tories generally

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

You'd think the bot farms would have worked out people were onto them at this stage, include a second name maybe, put a few less digits on the end

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's missing that very, very, big step of David Cameron, high off the scent of his own farts from the result of the Scottish referendum, started the Brexit ball rolling, entirely independent of Corbyn's ascent to the Labour leadership, in an attempt to resolve a longstanding Tory party issue.

This is a very fun thing to think about, given the scottish indyref a) ended up much closer than the polling indicated at the start and b) absolutely did not kill the support for independence and its presence as an issue in Scottish politics, and mainly strengthened it

There could be a number of reasons for this, e.g. the inherent appeal of change vs. the boring politicians you love to hate telling you everything is fine, actually, or the abysmal quality of the No campaign due to nobody believing they actually had to take it seriously until the last minute, etc etc, but I'm really not sure anyone learned from any of them come the brexit vote

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

- The Brexit goes online on October 31st, 2019. Human brains are removed from strategic politics. Brexit begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 AM, Eastern time, November 1st. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

I believe this is Dominic's prediction

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Boris and AfD on one page, v cursed.

the racism was bad but these bürger liching plans of theirs just sound unhygenic

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

You know those youtube videos of movies dubbed over with Half-Life sound effects that are hilarious? I want to make a Parliament with Half-Life sounds, it's probably actually an improvement

Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?

e: actually what's better, Parliament dubbed with Half-Life sounds of Half-Life dubbed with Parliament sounds? all the monsters braying at you like mps

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

An army of little Boris Johnsons running about, waiting to reach maturity before they group together and Take Back Control

luckily they're going to be as good at it as he is so it'll mostly just be entertaining. I hope they do the thing where one of them has a ladder and bashes the other one on the head when he turns around

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Exioce posted:

Principle is the same, the thing does not belong to you, it belongs to someone else. You don't get to take it because you 'have needs'

difference #1: your house isn't physically attached to you
difference #2: you cannot get pregnant from other people getting to live in your house
difference #3: people can live without sex very easily

do you want me to keep going or are you going to keep on with this hideously and needlessly offensive analogy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

As it turns out I am entitled to a vagina from the government, but there's a long waiting list and you have to talk to a lot of doctors

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

As it turns out MPs have been secretly plotting no deal by morse code and now technically will have to hand over their plans

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

all your communications should be done in whispers in a public bathroom with the hand dryer running

also very convenient for sex depending on how well your chat goes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Wonder what the redacted bit is

it's just Boris calling Cameron gay for several paragraphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I have just realised that they wrote 3-way lead. I assume the writer believes that anyone standing on a podium is level in terms of placement with that kind of spin.

From a brief skim of the article, the poll has a +/- 5.7% margin of error, so 20/20/19 is statistically a three-way tie as far as the poll can tell.