Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Gordon Brown is reported to have said the EU will remove the current deadline this week to prevent us crashing out and to stop any accusations of being inflexible. Johnson could still take us out on No Deal, but he wouldn't be able (convincingly) to blame the EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think Labour will do a lot better in an election than current polls because they'll undercut the libdem surge by running on a referendum between remain and a Labour deal. FBPE brainwormers will still demand a referendum between remain and no deal but normal people will prefer the version without a horrible disaster as an option

Also, Labour having a policy platform instead of one thing subject to a referendum.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

kingturnip posted:

I stare at the poll
The made-up numbers state; This
Is bad for Corbyn

You are Emma Kennedy and I claim my five pounds.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Can't sleep, don't know why. Might have been going deep on developments and indecision over booking a holiday (solo travel suggestions welcome)

Maybe I'm making it worse by picking up my phone in my boredom.

https://twitter.com/VauxhallLabour/status/1168830751607021568?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I liked the topical overlay to the intro tune, even if I had the Pavlovian expectation of "But who are the hard left, Chris?".

Joyous episode as expected, already looks like there will be great material for next week.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/KFC_UKI/status/1169151825725087744?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ThanosWasRight posted:

Wendy's, Hardee's, Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons, Sonic, Arby's, Popeyes, Chik-Fil-A, Carl's Jr, A&W, Whataburger, to name a few more

Wait, are all of these in the UK/Europe? I recall talk of Hortons showing up but I thought the rest were NA only?

I had Popeye's a couple of times in New York, seemed okay, maybe too hyped? I want to know what's supposed to be so great about that chicken sandwich though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Total aside, kind of weird seeing Big Mac looking so boyish.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Can Corbyn table a VONC when Parliament is back and form a government to request an extension, or does the time not allow it? Is it he gets 2 weeks or it takes 2 weeks?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Has up to two weeks.

Okay, so that'll happen, right? Or am I missing something? (I know Libs may Lib, but they'll at least need to own it)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Like someone else said, the Queen's Speech is effectively a VONC, and will should happen automatically when Parliament returns.

And that's good right? Try to get the SNP and pissdiamonds on, block it and form a temporary government?

And Kier Starmer was reselected, no doubt Momentum chickened out instead of never actually going after him in the first place.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1171382118955606016?s=19

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 10, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Been seeing Alexei Sayle's Radop 4 show brought up on twitter for his coverage of Corbyn and UK politics generally ("Austerity is the idea that the worldwide financial crash was caused by Wolverhampton having too many libraries") and it's proving to be pretty solid:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008bbc

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Corbyn is a giant chicken bigger than Colonel Sanders narrative just makes this that but more perfect.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rarity posted:

Even the FBPEs are putting her on blast :getin:

Political homelessness beckons once more. :smith:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

I keep joking about designing a guillotine anyone with access to a builders van and some scaffold poles could assemble and never get round to doing it.

Do it, then put it on wikiHow.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

jBrereton posted:

No, on the very obvious grounds that he hasn't won an election he contested and become PM, unlike actually successful former leaders of the opposition.

That's overly simplistic, in 2017 Labour shot out of the rut it had been in for years, won a record share of the vote. You have to factor in the point they started from, and the relentless attacks from the right wing press and NL wreckers.

Ive decided that currently things are okay, sucks Watson may yet stay but until late yesterday there was no suggestion of him going at all. We now have a discussion about the deputy role which hopefully compels Watson to do the job or get out.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm sure I remember some publication thinking "gently caress" was code and not just a word filter.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/laughdugrylegal/status/1176115173465174017?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I know the guy who handles these accounts, he might have the best job;

https://twitter.com/Rebellion/status/1176445332605026304?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Eararaldor posted:

At this point Jeremy should just walk into parliament tomorrow wearing various trophies of Conservative PM's that have been owned.

As a vegetarian he's probably not cool with a pig skull.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is this premiership a BBC political editor? Because Bojo's hosed it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So he's always had the same amount of skin which he's mostly grown into?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1176527670810730497?s=19

Sounds cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

communism bitch posted:

Who wants to do a UKMT goonmeat in London sometime

Yeah I'm interested, depending on time and which end of the city it is.