Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

This was a common sentiment for a few years in the 7th gen, but looking back it's a bit funny since the only long term impact it had was Keiji Inafune torpedoing his career.

Apparently, Inafune has been a major part of the Azure Striker Gunvolt series since it started as the action supervisor, and he seems to be responsible for why the game plays really well. He still seems to be getting some work and doing well with it, so there's that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RottenK posted:

I wonder what happened with MN9 to have it turn out like it did, did Inafune just not care to actually supervise the developement? He clearly still knows how to make a good game.

They wanted to fast-forward MN9 into the spotlight as the new Mega Man, so they tried to make it for everything, which you cannot do on a shoestring budget. Just making it for the separate architectures of the PS3 and Wii U was probably too much for them. There was no focus, and the game suffered for it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Red Ash anime short was pretty fun, at least.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mokinokaro posted:

And banned off twitch which is amazing considering what twitch does allow sometimes.

My favorite ban on Twitch is that you can play Senran Kagura games, but you can't dick around in the dressing room because anime gamers cannot be trusted.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

What does this mean for Indivisible, though? That game is still waiting on the guest characters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, Strassman? That's a shame. Metis is the better Anti-Shadow Weapon anyway. :colbert:

Fixed that for you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PunkBoy posted:

The VAs I follow do tend to lean more liberal, but yeah, I can't think of one off the top of my head that I would consider more leftist.

Amanda Winn Lee is probably the closest you're going to get.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I don't like that the solution here is "A glossary is easily abusable, so just buy whatever and if a sex pest profits, they got your money, so just be careful next time or not, how can you really tell, repeat ad nauseum."

For instance, it is a pain in the rear end to constantly tell people not to buy from PlayAsia because of their extremely open pro-GG stance, especially as their previous tweets about it slowly fade into the background of their constantly updating accounts. Eventually, it's going to leave the public consciousness, leaving a couple of extremely online olds yelling into the ether, until they get tired and no one cares anymore. Like, does anyone remember the controversies surrounding Ion Fury and its devs? If not, they probably banked on that.

I can't think of a better solution, but surely there's an option that's not "who knows *shrug*".

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

pentyne posted:

No I mean if you're having anxiety and stressing over possibly supporting an abuser via capital consumption deal with that, and do what you can to avoid it but don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake.

That's fair. I would just hope that there's a decent way of chronicling and archiving this stuff before it fades into obscurity and people are able to Nick Robinson their way in all over again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The 7th Guest posted:

also they used the trans suicide statistic as the basis for a discount for their game in a Steam sale.. the both of them are rotten

It's crazy, because Shepple, the lead dev, was a famous Touhou fandom artist, and Touhou is pretty inclusive at its core. I saw a lot of trans people in the community come out through it. One day, she starts scrubbing her accounts and then up and vanishes, supposedly because of weirdo dudes on the internet causing her problems, only to show back up years later, completely detached and in super TERF mode with her extremely bigoted partner.

Maybe she was always secretly transphobic or something, but Nikotine is very much a poison, and they both need to smoke bomb off the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Clarste posted:

Like, one of her favorite Touhou characters to draw was someone implied to be trans.

Miko-Exclusionary Radical Feminist