Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

mastershakeman posted:

Drew Brees was just an inferior Kurt kittner in college

Dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern gets a well needed week 2 bye to see if its 5 star superstar quarterback can learn how to play football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wernox posted:

That was Taylor Stubblefield, the current WR coach for the Miami Hurricanes and often referred to as Tyler Standafiled by Bob Davie. He didn't play for Purdue in 2000. Vinny Sutherland had 72 catches, Standeford 67. Vinny had more yards but what made the 2000 offense special was that they were a bitch to get off the field on 3rd down and Standeford and Tim Stratton were a huge chunk of that. Vinny was a deeper threat.

Stubbefield has the reception record and Stadeford has the yards record, unless football reference is wrong. All the receiving records are still mostly dominated by Purdue guys from 99-05

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

At least I can be happy that Brees brought on the jumbo heroes era

Which really makes me sad now that Ashley McCaffrey has moved to Kansas, imagine what she could have done with a theme like that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

I'm just laughing at the idea of sr season Suh fielding a punt and breaking down to take on a college gunner now that I've thought of it.

I mean sure, they'd get him to the ground, but they probably wouldn't be happy about the way it went down.
If the gunner gets to him early he won't have a full head of steam, so stopping Suh on a punt return is plausible.

On a kickoff? Someone might die.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

wernox posted:

Brees was a better college player than him too. It wasn't just about stats, Purdue's doesn't go anywhere in 2000 without Drew Brees and the no one remembers who the best wideout was on the 2000 Purdue team (John Standeford?). Weinke was slinging it to fuckin' Anquan Boldin and Snoop Minnis.......

If the award is for the "mvp" of college football then Brees and LT were certainly more deserving in 2000. That doesn't mean Weinke was garbage, just that Brees and LT meant more to both of their teams.

EDIT: For consistency, Brees had a 60% completion rate in 2000 with 3668 yards and 26 TD's. Weinke was 62% for 4167 and 33 TD's FSU was a steamroller for most of the year

I mean - Purdue always had really good WRs during this era....

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Regnevelc posted:

I mean - Purdue always had really good WRs during this era....

I'm only talking about 2000, if we are talking about 1998 to 2000 then Drew Brees is the greatest of all time. If we are talking about 1997 - 2005 then Drew and Kyle Orton need to make a baby and that baby needs to play QB at Purdue with Joe Tiller as head coach and Jim Cheney as OC to achieve the level of greatness that Kyle and Drew did.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I have to hand it to the armed forces, they do pretty well with uniforms

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Just a reminder that LSU sucks so much that a woman sued UT and took that poo poo to the Supreme Court because she had to go to LSU instead of Texas.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sab0921 posted:

Just a reminder that LSU sucks so much that a woman sued UT and took that poo poo to the Supreme Court because she had to go to LSU instead of Texas.

You talkin' about affirmative action girl?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You talkin' about affirmative action girl?

Yes Distinguished LSU alumni - Becky with the Bad Grades

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vyst posted:

I have to hand it to the armed forces, they do pretty well with uniforms

Navy has had some amazing uniforms.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sab0921 posted:

Yes Distinguished LSU alumni - Becky with the Bad Grades

I didn't realize she ended up at LSU, but I do remember she was a ginger who ended up not disclosing the fact that her grades/test scores weren't even close to elevating her above the other students who got into UT. :lol:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a link to this

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Randaconda posted:

is there a link to this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_v._University_of_Texas_(2013)

quote:

During the case proceedings, Fisher enrolled at Louisiana State University, from which Fisher graduated in 2012 with a degree in finance.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I didn't realize she ended up at LSU, but I do remember she was a ginger who ended up not disclosing the fact that her grades/test scores weren't even close to elevating her above the other students who got into UT. :lol:

She was real mediocre, but obviously that couldn't be the reason she didn't go to Texas - it was those dastardly blacks using all of the unfair advantages life gives them over white girls from the Houston suburbs.

quote:

Fisher had a grade point average of 3.59 (adjusted to a 4.0 scale)[9] and was in the top 12% of her class at Stephen F. Austin High School.[9] She scored 1180 on her SAT (measured on the old 1600-point scale, because UT Austin did not consider the writing section in its undergraduate admissions decision for the 2008 incoming freshman class).[9] The 25th and 75th percentiles of the incoming class at UT-Austin were 1120 and 1370.

But anyway, this is all to say - lol LSU sucks (y'all will be cool again on Sunday).

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Alumni fight!

Affirmative Action girl vs. Karl Rove

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I don't know what kind of extracurricular activities she engaged in, but she looks like the sort that played in the marching band, which is probably not enough on its own to get her into a top flight public university on fairly average grades for an applicant to a top flight public university. If she was the sort to overachieve her way into SAT prep courses and score a 1400, she probably would have been in more clubs and had a better GPA as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She looks like she got a student job at the college cafeteria and spent all day telling her coworkers why the show Supernatural is actually the greatest piece of visual art ever created.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
LSU let me into a grad program with like a 2.7 from the academic juggernaut that is Northern Illinois, so

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

A friend of mine got accepted to LSU while he was on academic suspension.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The adult literacy rate in the state of Louisiana is 80%. The acceptance rate at LSU is 76.4%. So if you can read, you can probably get into LSU.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

yeah well

/w\ (ツ) /w\

horns down, ya motherfucks

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Look at this insane Earl Campbell stiff arm/rock bottom from his Texas days.

https://youtu.be/Yt0_lIC3Og8

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mactheknife posted:

yeah well

/w\ (ツ) /w\

:flag:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I got accepted to LSU before I took my SAT

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sab0921 posted:

They also are too scared to play Tulane despite still owing them a game in New Orleans.

I can understand the fear though, what would they have left if Tulane was officially better than them at school and football?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

i'm real scared about this game but if LSU manages to pull it off you can be guaranteed at least one drunk post that i knew we were fine all along

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I was starved for content and listened to The Solid Verbal for the first time in years. It’s the exact same thing it’s always been

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Todd Heap was accepted to Arizona State without completing high school

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

General Dog posted:

I was starved for content and listened to The Solid Verbal for the first time in years. It’s the exact same thing it’s always been

i still listen to it regularly even though i usually have fully tuned it out after about ten minutes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mactheknife posted:

i still listen to it regularly even though i usually have fully tuned it out after about ten minutes

There’s something kind of soothing tuning in once or twice a week and listening to the same ~20 jokes every time

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Todd Heap was accepted to Arizona State without completing high school

Frank Gore had a special ed diploma from HS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
they aren't there to play school you nerds

(Frank Gore also had a legit learning disability and grew up dirt poor with a drug addict mom who was dying of kidney disease while he was in high school)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 5, 2019

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

mactheknife posted:

yeah well

/w\ (ツ) /w\

this is correct

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

goons should i start my life over and go to grad school in baton rouge to become an accountant

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

goons should i start my life over and go to grad school in baton rouge to become an accountant

That degree in Baton Rouge probably just teaches you to make change from your register

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Declan MacManus posted:

Hi I’m an accountant.

Go do something else. If you must do accounting, don’t go public.

Sincerely,
Your free time.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

don't listen to them, come hang out, it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

honestly if you want to be an accountant and go to an sec school do Tennessee

pipeline into deloitte