Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GhostStalker posted:

lmao, Ministry of Otaku. I knew that guy was an ISWV douchebag after he posted a bunch of videos on his small rear end YouTube channel saying that he wasn’t going to attend any con last year that had a mask or vaccination mandate.

I only discovered him because I was looking for videos of the shenanigans my DJ friends and I got up to at the Lumica booth at ANYC 2019, and while he had some good videos of our Anikura stuff, his everything else turned out to be regressive anime bro bullshit. Oh course he went to Anime Matsuri. Been hearing some stuff about how they had a bunch of right wing YouTubers there as well, but of course Vic was their star attraction.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1553088701328154627

Not just ANY right wing YouTubers. They straight up got... some woman, and... the guy who once ragetweeted at Elmo from Sesame Street for some reason, and... uh... the guy from that compilation image of dudes sitting in their cars wearing ball caps and sunglasses. One of them, anyway.

What a spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Escape From Noise posted:

thatStarWarsgrl

Because they're only allowed to have one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

I am making a jerk-off motion so furiously, the energy could probably power a small city.

"The left is so hypocritical. Why don't they support me, a woman, in my ongoing quest to denigrate other women and help those who want to strip our rights away and erase us from media? Why is it--oh, sorry, that's all the time I have for you today, a man is talking and I need to shut up now. Like and subscribe!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Escape From Noise posted:

Bombastic voices and frequent use of swearing???

Louder, angrier AND access to a mental time machine back to 1855 when women didn't have rights :haw:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gyges posted:

Ah, so Laura Ingraham was actually just a huge Hetalia fan at the wrong convention.

No, she just has the Dr. Strangelove condition where her right arm will just randomly sieg heil at certain stress triggers and she has to find a way to try and make it like she didn't just salute the fuehrer for seemingly no reason.

It's more common than you'd think.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

How do you do fellow kids?

To be fair, from the look of it, most of the people in the room with him look like they were teenagers back in 2004 when Full Metal Alchemist was first airing. They've been fans of Vic's long enough that their fandom itself would be the right age for Vic to try and molest it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I totally missed that DC Douglas was a creep. What happened with him?

I don't know if this even actually happened or if it's some chud fantasy that went viral, but the story I once heard that that, DC Douglas, being an extremely online and combative Twitter leftist who loves dunking on chuds, as previously mentioned, did something where he walked into a bathroom filming it on his cellphone in an effort to try and debunk insane chud copypasta about trans people.

Vic fans took it and ran with it and went "See! This guy's an even worse creep than our guy!" and he got suspended from Twitter over it, but that was it.

So more huge idiot than creep, but it was still a bad and very creepy look.

e: Oh, and I guess that too ^^^ wow

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Jesus, that whole tweet thread :barf: What a creep.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

Never saw the OVAs so I’m not sure but in the dub of the latest movie he’s voiced by Caleb Yen:

https://imdb.com/name/nm9242088/

Ooo. Neat. Funimation should go back and redub this guy over Vic in FMA 03, Brotherhood, Conquerer of Shambala, and Sacred Star of Milos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The first time I remember hearing stories about what a creep Vic was was probably like 2010-ish, in a Book Barn thread of all place. It was in a thread for some self-published trashfire fantasy novel called The Felsic Current that folks were having a good time laughing about because its author was also god-tier convention weirdo with a long history of getting really creepily handsy with underaged girls at anime conventions. And someone was like "Man, he sounds like a z-grade Vic Mignogna" and people were like "Wait, what did Vic do?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Honestly in retrospect its kind of damning how long Vic was able to get away with this poo poo as an anime va considering how quickly he got chaos dunked for this poo poo in every other job he’s had

To this day I'm still not sure if Steven Foster cast Vic as a pedophile ghost obsessed with teenage girls in the ADV dub of Ghost Stories as an incredible coincidence, or an attempt to try and blow the whistle or at least just style on him for being a creeper all the way back in loving 2001.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Detheros posted:

There are no good Anime YouTubers.

Bennett White just shed a single tear in sadness.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Cameo with Vic: for $200 $50a Chili's Texas Cheese Fries app you can get an autograph and hangout sesh

That was my thought reading that. "That just could have been a cameo video message shared with a group chat and it would have saved so much time, energy, and humiliation." Not money though. Money would have still been wasted either way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I kind of wish I was there to see Vic being continually updated on the situation. Going from "We can't get the con, but we've got an empty boardroom nearby' all the way down to being run out of a parking lot with people waving $40 from their cars at him to come autograph to finally headed to Chili's for a Triple Dipper and then to slink back home.

Honestly, this just sounds like it's another one of those absolute disaster convention stories that Vic loved to share back when it wasn't gauche to actually book him at conventions. All told, this is probably one of the less embarrassing things Vic has done in the name of chasing the vapors of others adulation.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Clarste posted:

Technically he could also have gotten away with being a creep if he hadn't sued his employer.

Yeah, Funimation knew he was a creeper for a literal decade and didn't give a poo poo. He'd have been fine after a year or two off to let the heat die down and instead he did... all of this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I dunno, it's not like the mid terms worked out well for that type of candidate.

Oh god, if you thought Dr. Oz was a shitshow, could you imagine like CNN or MSNBC or other news networks trying to explain what the gently caress was up with Vic to a national audience of normies if he tried to run for Senate or something? Unending comedy gold.

Also he'd run in Texas and win because Texas is a black hole of the worst godawful second only to Floridia without the benefit of slipping beneath the sea eventually like Florida will :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 16, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Namtab posted:

US politics has no place here!!

...Yet :tinfoil:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Dic Mignogna

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

Does anyone know who those women are? Did they just have him on so they could go, "wow vic how awful that those libs cancelled you" only for him to do the thing that got him cancelled in the first place? Which, if so lol

From what I understand of it... yes? They're three Pick Me nerd chud hangers on who thought they were going to have a pleasant evening with him chatting about how unfair it is that everything thinks he's a sex offender, only for him to do the thing that gets you put on a sex offender registry if you did it in public to random people.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Amazing how the most charitable reading of basically anything Vic has ever done in his life at this point is now that he's just the god's honest most stupidest newborn-child-brained perfect special idiot to ever walk the earth and has not learned a single thing from his six decades of existence about right and wrong and he should be judged on his actions as though he was a real life Boo Radley or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

SC Judge: *removes photo of vic's dick from manilla envelope* "what in tarnation?!"

Hey, between Thomas and Kavanaugh he's at least got two pro-sexual assault votes in his corner if they ever take the case.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Betrayed by auto-correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dezExwB8GCM

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Look who are we getting to revoice his performances when we damnatio memoriae this dude?

Zeno Robinson's a pretty strong pick. Plus it'd break Vic's chud brain and all of his fans' chud brains even harder if a black dude stole all his jobs :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Exercu posted:

Oh, Shatner really does not like Vic. Vic told a bit of a tall tale, and Shatner did not like it one bit.

https://twitter.com/WilliamShatner/status/937761172094197760?s=20&t=HYVpIt1HxqVvcmqiOPyr7A

And yeah, Todd Haberkorn has his own credible allegations against him, (I know one of the women in question, even), but Todd was savvy enough to not light his entire career on fire with the propane that is a defamation lawsuit.

Being such a wormy piece of poo poo that even Shatner disavows you is a pretty big achievement, not gonna lie.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

tbf he's disavowed his closest co-stars

More like they all disavowed him, and he thinks he did nothing wrong. The only one of them Shat actually hates back is Takei.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Shatner is a shithead but he’s, like, an actor shithead, not a Poster. He probably would see getting in fights on Twitter as below him.

I imagine the process was Shatner's daughter told him that there was some weirdo making up stories about him on the twitters, and Shat said something like "call him a lying rear end in a top hat or something." And then went back to doing whatever it is a 90 year old retired multimillionaire does with his waning days on this earth. He probably doesn't even know who the gently caress Vic is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Looking forward to him and Stephen Amell doing a post-blacklist project together after the strike is over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is this some kind of Eric Andre skit?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

that's definitely in line with anime matsuri's MO

they've never given a poo poo

No one legitimate wants anything to do with Anime Matsuri anymore anyway so all they have to draw on now are chuds and grifters like Vic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

"Whaaaat's hitting on minors my voice actoooors!"

I'm currently binging this series and just got through the Nobosuke Kishe episode, hoo boy.

Vic is just on the cutting edge of obscurity that he either would be worthy of a two-parter Behind the Bastards episode, or would make Robert Evans go "who the gently caress is this loser? Get outta here, we only cover noteworthy villains."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DarkSol posted:

What? Robert Evans posts on SA? When is he going to do a Behind the Bastards episode on Lowtax then?

I think he's said that Lowtax himself was too small potatoes to warrant an episode on his own, but he does talk about Something Awful itself a bit in the first part of the Manosphere episode in regard to it being a stepping stone to more heinous internet poo poo like 4chan and Gamergate.

Also lol yeah isn't C-SPAM convinced in its wonderful detached from reality way that Robert Evans is some kind of CIA psyop plant or something and was trying to have him doxxed and then perma'd? Good poo poo.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 7, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megamissen posted:

think you have him mixed up with brown moses

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I also saw a lot of "Let's perma Robert just too be sure too" stuff flying around about the same time too.

Anyway, holy poo poo is Vic ever a legally proven rapey shithead, huh?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 7, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Lock the thread until Vic molests another teenager.

poo poo, that fast, huh? Wow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

It was perhaps wise in hindsight he decided not to go after Rooster Teeth - who fired him first - which could have potentially meant dealing with Warner Brothers' attack dogs.

lol yeah holy poo poo, Warner Bros., especially Zaslav-era Warner would have ripped everyone who ever thought kindly of Vic even once's nuts off in retaliation if Vic tried to step to the WB.

Gyges posted:

Also his blacklisting from the industry is almost entirely because he felt it was a good idea to sue Funimation in addition to the other people for defamation. An incredibly stupid move that made it impossible for him to weather a temporary storm of sex pestery and come back like most creeps do.

I mean, who looks at their legal team of an Estate Lawyer and an online troll and thinks that it's time to take on Sony's corporate team?

Yeah, like I can count on one hand at least the number of Vic-level alleged sexcreeps who still have careers in voice work who all got outed around the same time Vic did; DC Douglas, Michael Sinterniklaas, Todd Haberkorn, Chris Niosi, Quentin Flynn; that's at least a whole hand right there. One thing they have in common: they didn't sue the companies that were hiring them after people started saying they were alleged sexcreeps.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Didn’t Niosi and Flynn’s careers largely dry up after their stories broke, at least? Like, just glancing at IDBM, Flynn’s only had two roles in three years.

The only career consequences Niosi faced (same with DC Douglas getting replaced as Wesker in Resident Evil) was for breaking an NDA and not sex poo poo. Though Flynn's VA career was also kinda winding down a bit too, but if he's lost roles also due to sex poo poo, then... eh, gently caress 'im.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Niosi seems to mostly do youtube stuff now like a charity stream of mario rpg with..uh..zeno robinson, saab and kira buckland

lol, Zeno, Kira, no, what are you doing

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Can someone explain why it’s perfectly legally acceptable to call Vic a pedophile? I’ve gathered he entered information proving that into the public record, but I’m curious about the details.

Vic tried to sue one of the people who accused him of being a child molester with a Strategic lawsuit against public participation or SLAPP lawsuit, a particularly malicious type of lawsuit usually designed to try and silence people by burying them under legal fees until they give up and go away. Only because Vic is an idiot and hired some real lovely cardboard cutout cartoon lawyers, they whiffed the case so hard and pissed off the judge so much with their antics that the judge ordered Vic to pay all his accuser(s)'s legal fees and said just for good measure that yes, you in fact can call him a child molester, pedophile, sexual predator, sexpest, sexcreep and any other combination of terms you want without having to put "alleged" in front of it and not have to worry about legal repercussions for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

yeah you're conflating awful poo poo he's done outside of the court room to what's in the court record. like i said we agreed and the reason i never clarified this part .. forever is because it doesn't really matter unless someone's asking about why it's okay to say it about vic and wants an honest answer

e: i just triple checked the full docket and don't see any actual opinion from the court of appeals over anything but the sexual predator line

So then where did the whole "legally proven sexual predator" meme come from anyway? Because I've seen it bandied about here and elsewhere quite a bit, especially by folks supposedly in the legal know.